Didn't see this one coming...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
This wasn't really a surprise. The rumor had been out there since around Thanksgiving. People should be able to get their hands on GT350Rs at or very near MSRP now. The regular ones are already selling at MSRP. Should be able to get those below MSRP now.

I should've waited just a little while longer. Water under the bridge now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This wasn't really a surprise. The rumor had been out there since around Thanksgiving. People should be able to get their hands on GT350Rs at or very near MSRP now. The regular ones are already selling at MSRP. Should be able to get those below MSRP now.

I should've waited just a little while longer. Water under the bridge now.

Rumors have been going on since 2004 about the Bronco...

This was a surprise. I spoke with a few guys on the launch team and they said that they decided to do another year based on how well they've been received, and to keep the market moving on them with so many being tied up in the no-sale recall.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I believe the Bronco and Ranger will both be back for the 2019 model year.

CO Mack

Established Member
Rumors have been going on since 2004 about the Bronco...

This was a surprise. I spoke with a few guys on the launch team and they said that they decided to do another year based on how well they've been received, and to keep the market moving on them with so many being tied up in the no-sale recall.

Yeah, this is pretty frustrating. I bought my car, knowing I'd likely have some BS to deal with, because we were all told repeatedly this was a 2yr deal (+the celebrity 15s) like the Boss. If I thought with patience I could get a new "R" at MSRP +5k ADM-ish, I'd have waited.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I
Yeah, this is pretty frustrating. I bought my car, knowing I'd likely have some BS to deal with, because we were all told repeatedly this was a 2yr deal (+the celebrity 15s) like the Boss. If I thought with patience I could get a new "R" at MSRP +5k ADM-ish, I'd have waited.

I don't think they'll sell for $5k over.

As a dealer, if I had an allocation and they were only bringing $5k over, you best believe it'd be parked in my garage haha

CO Mack

Established Member
Yeah, I actually turned down a 2017 R at an ADM that would've meant I brought money home compared to market. We have plans to remodel the house so not a good year for this, but I still might get an 18. If FRPP starts releasing some of the race parts though...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wonder what dealerships in Connecticut are certified to sell the GT-350. Not very many, likely. So on top of the $1,000 enrollment fee, the dealership has to have a trained GT-350 sales consultant. Not too bad. Sucks, though, that they likely will only get one allocation for the year unless their overall Mustang sales are stellar. Seems like a lot of work (sales consultant training) for the dealership when they'll only get one GT-350. And the person ordering likely will still know more about the car than the sales consultant. Nick, is my take on this correct, or is the specialized training for one sales rep pretty minimal?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wonder what dealerships in Connecticut are certified to sell the GT-350. Not very many, likely. So on top of the $1,000 enrollment fee, the dealership has to have a trained GT-350 sales consultant. Not too bad. Sucks, though, that they likely will only get one allocation for the year unless their overall Mustang sales are stellar. Seems like a lot of work (sales consultant training) for the dealership when they'll only get one GT-350. And the person ordering likely will still know more about the car than the sales consultant. Nick, is my take on this correct, or is the specialized training for one sales rep pretty minimal?

The salesperson training is EXTREMELY minimal.

I'm the only one at our store that is up to date on the performance vehicles (RS, Raptor, GT350, Fusion Sport, etc). I think between all the different "training" sessions, I have maybe an hour in it? It's not a big deal at all.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Most of these are cars that sell themselves.

Agreed.

But, how many threads or posts on here have you seen where people complain that the salesman doesn't know what he/she is talking about when it comes to a performance car?

CO Mack

Established Member
Agreed.

But, how many threads or posts on here have you seen where people complain that the salesman doesn't know what he/she is talking about when it comes to a performance car?

How many of those people are actually qualified buyers though?
:D

I don't care what the salesperson knows about a Ford Performance car. But I would like them to be able to tell me what's new on the F250 or whatever.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How many of those people are actually qualified buyers though?
:D

I don't care what the salesperson knows about a Ford Performance car. But I would like them to be able to tell me what's new on the F250 or whatever.

Now you sound like a salesperson...

I agree. They should be able to tell you the majority of stuff about the vehicles they sell. I would like to point out that even if they just sell one brand, there are millions of things that could be asked of them, and they may or may not be able to answer all of them on the spot.

From a customers standpoint, it's annoying you can't tell me what the tow capacity of a 2017 F-150 with the 2.7EcoBoost, 3.55 gears, tow package, 4x4, supercab, etc....but that's just because the customer has been focused on one vehicle; where the salesperson has that truck, plus 30 other combinations that can effect the tow capacity.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
^^^ The trucks in particular are available in enough combos to not know the specs of every possible permutation. The cars are pretty simple. Engine capacity and output, key suspension features, key technology features, and that's most questions most people would have. I guess for the boring family sedans you want to be up to date on mileage ratings, trunk space, and safety ratings relative to competitors.

As for the 2018 cars, I'm also not surprised. Rs will remain 5-10% of total production, and unless I missed something I think the total production numbers will remain in the ~5k range, so that means no more than an additional 500 Rs on the market. Not that big a deal and likely not enough to erase ADMs on them.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
curious to see which colors are added and which ones are taken away, if any

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
curious to see which colors are added and which ones are taken away, if any

Deep Impact Blue is gone, and I believe Grabber Blue is also gone. Kona Blue is back. If I had waited just a little bit, I could've had a matching set of Shelby Mustangs!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Deep Impact Blue is gone, and I believe Grabber Blue is also gone. Kona Blue is back. If I had waited just a little bit, I could've had a matching set of Shelby Mustangs!

Where did you see the color updates?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Where did you see the color updates?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread