Didn't see this one coming...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I'm still holding out that they added GHIG.

I would probably keep one if I could get one in GHIG.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Well, I'm still holding out that they added GHIG.

I would probably keep one if I could get one in GHIG.
GHIG would be a great colour. I wish they offered Competition Orange for one more year. I still don't understand why they didn't offer it on the R

dom418

Established Member
Not sure why the shock, unless you paid over msrp for yours then be prepared to take it in the butt. Ford does this with every shelby iteration, they create panic with an illusion the car will be super rare, people overpay which creates a shortage and you will be able to buy one in a couple years for $20k less than today. It's been this way since 07 folks. If there is money to be made Ford would be foolish to stop production

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not sure why the shock, unless you paid over msrp for yours then be prepared to take it in the butt. Ford does this with every shelby iteration, they create panic with an illusion the car will be super rare, people overpay which creates a shortage and you will be able to buy one in a couple years for $20k less than today. It's been this way since 07 folks. If there is money to be made Ford would be foolish to stop production

I actually owned mine for invoice less holdback.... so around $51k, and sold it for $72,500.

Usually when Ford puts out an agreement for a vehicle they stick to it. The 13/14s had a 2 year agreement....sold them for 2 years. The GT350 had a 2 year agreement...they sold it for 2.5..now 3.

Uncharacteristic.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
They said the GT500 would only be for 2007. Sold it for 8 model years.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I actually owned mine for invoice less holdback.... so around $51k, and sold it for $72,500.

Usually when Ford puts out an agreement for a vehicle they stick to it. The 13/14s had a 2 year agreement....sold them for 2 years. The GT350 had a 2 year agreement...they sold it for 2.5..now 3.

Uncharacteristic.

You titled yours? I did not think you had to do this as a dealer.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They said the GT500 would only be for 2007. Sold it for 8 model years.

Can you find for me anywhere where Ford stated the duration of the GT500 vehicle run? All I have ever seen is he said/she said and never anything in print from an official press release.

There was not an allocation agreement with the 2007 GT500s. Mute point.

Sorry brother but this one is nails on a chalkboard for me.

[Grammar Nazi on] http://blog.dictionary.com/moot-point-vs-mute-point/ [Grammar Nazi off]

sprint200

Established Member
Can you find for me anywhere where Ford stated the duration of the GT500 vehicle run? All I have ever seen is he said/she said and never anything in print from an official press release.

Tob,
I don't have screen shot, wish I did; but the SVT website, for at least a year before production began, specifically said that the GT500 would be a 2-yr run of approximately 7k-9k units total. As production started, they upped the production total estimate but continued to advertise a 2-yr production run. It was after Ford and Shelby Automobiles signed their continued licensing agreement, extending it for another 6 years, that SVT removed the production time limits from their website.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Long time no see, Jeff. I've wondered what you've been up to.

I spent some time today scouring old SVT Press Releases and found no mention of the time frame for the (then) upcoming GT500. What I was reminded of was how wrong all the HP quotes were (either 450 or 475hp), that pre-production cars were shown with 19" wheels (some mentioned they weren't happening and some didn't), rear spoilers with SHELBY lettering across them (unlike production being on the driver side of the decklid), a vented hood that differed from the eventual production version, etc. I also got a chuckle each time I read about all the new and exciting SVT products to come, including the "Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin."

sprint200

Established Member
Long time no see, Jeff. I've wondered what you've been up to.

I spent some time today scouring old SVT Press Releases and found no mention of the time frame for the (then) upcoming GT500. What I was reminded of was how wrong all the HP quotes were (either 450 or 475hp), that pre-production cars were shown with 19" wheels (some mentioned they weren't happening and some didn't), rear spoilers with SHELBY lettering across them (unlike production being on the driver side of the decklid), a vented hood that differed from the eventual production version, etc. I also got a chuckle each time I read about all the new and exciting SVT products to come, including the "Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin."

Yeah, it wasn't in the press releases. It was in small print at the bottom of a page on their website. I spent way too much time there in '05/'06.....

I closed my architecture firm, sold the race car, learned Hebrew and Greek, and moved to St. Louis. I'm in my 2nd year of M. DIV. program at Concordia Seminary.....still have the Boss LS, though.

Jfoster

Established Member
This wasn't really a surprise. The rumor had been out there since around Thanksgiving. People should be able to get their hands on GT350Rs at or very near MSRP now. The regular ones are already selling at MSRP. Should be able to get those below MSRP now.

I should've waited just a little while longer. Water under the bridge now.

I think it will continue as:
Non-R: MSRP available if you shop around.
R: Well over MSRP. Even if other cars come out that best it in the HP department - it's a great value for the overall experience. True drivers cars like this are somewhat timeless and remain desirable for a much longer time-frame than many "performance cars".

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I hope that holds true for the R.

@Tob, I saw the SVT Sport Track at a car show one year. It looked awesome. Too bad it was never released. That was actually a really good car show that year. They also had the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve there. Very disappointed that car never came to fruition.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I wonder how many either secretly or outright will agree with me, but I don't like "limited availability". When I bought my 94 Cobra, they had 4 or 5 on the lot, in late 95, could have either of them a few K off (a lot in 1995).

I actually had a choice of colors I could look at side by side in person. It was awesome. Still had decent resale when I traded it in for a 96 Cobra.

Drove by the local Dodge dealer, 5 Hellcats lined up, in stock, ready to go.

If I could go into my local Ford dealer and choose between 5 GT350s, there'd probably be one in my garage right now.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wonder how many either secretly or outright will agree with me, but I don't like "limited availability". When I bought my 94 Cobra, they had 4 or 5 on the lot, in late 95, could have either of them a few K off (a lot in 1995).

I actually had a choice of colors I could look at side by side in person. It was awesome. Still had decent resale when I traded it in for a 96 Cobra.

Drove by the local Dodge dealer, 5 Hellcats lined up, in stock, ready to go.

If I could go into my local Ford dealer and choose between 5 GT350s, there'd probably be one in my garage right now.
I had five 2016s and five 2017s. Just sold my last 2017 today.

b4409

Established Member
Yeah, it wasn't in the press releases. It was in small print at the bottom of a page on their website. I spent way too much time there in '05/'06.....

I closed my architecture firm, sold the race car, learned Hebrew and Greek, and moved to St. Louis. I'm in my 2nd year of M. DIV. program at Concordia Seminary.....still have the Boss LS, though.

Man, there's a lot going on here! . . . 13 years of going to the temple with my wife and I still can't read 2 words of Hebrew :)

Oh, and I'm a bit torn about the production extension. Great in general but not great for depreciation.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I feel the same. However, if the FPC V8 remains bespoke to the GT350, that alone will keep the value up.

Users who are viewing this thread