Differences in 315 tire sizes/brands..

Graves

Established Member
Not that this is a big deal or anything, but this import guy is trying to tell me that all 315 tires are created equally, and they all are 12.4" wide...since 315mm = 12.4".

He started trying to prove me wrong after I mentioned that my Nitto NT01s were a little larger than 12". I remember measuring them when I first bought them, but I don't remember the exact number.

So, if anyone has experience with different 315s (BFGs, Falken, other Nittos..)but in particular, those NT01s, please go measure them real quick and let me know what you've got. :bored:

GodStang

Established Member
little bit helpful:
TIRESNew.jpg

Graves

Established Member
Now, I just need specs on the NT01.. Thanks for that.

Nitto's page says NT01 = 12.6 & the 555R is 12.1. They seemed a lot wider than what they're saying.

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
My 315 BFG KD's measured 13" sidewall to sidewall, unmounted. The manufacturers vary by where they take the measurement from; the "bigger" 315's (Michelin, BFG) measure the tread, whereas the "smaller" 315's (Nitto, Sumitumo) measure at the widest part of the sidewall.

Jroc

Established Member
Here's a Falken Azenis RT615 315 vs a Pirelli PZERO Rosso 315.
11b3vht.jpg

Heres the PZERO 315 vs a Nitto 555R 315.
9hpfye.jpg

Like HYBRED is saying typically(not always) Japanese tires run small compared to European and American tires as they measure their width from a different part of the tire.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
My 315 BFG KD's measured 13" sidewall to sidewall, unmounted. The manufacturers vary by where they take the measurement from; the "bigger" 315's (Michelin, BFG) measure the tread, whereas the "smaller" 315's (Nitto, Sumitumo) measure at the widest part of the sidewall.

Exactly.

And "R" compound tires are worse.

For the "most" part street tires are pretty close but it all depends on measuring spot.

Users who are viewing this thread