DIY rear seat delete??????

101blur

Established Member
I used two peaces of cardboard and cut them into shapes for the bottom and one for top.. then use them for a stencil on a board or whatever materiel you plain on using.. hope it helps..

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I used two peaces of cardboard and cut them into shapes for the bottom and one for top.. then use them for a stencil on a board or whatever materiel you plain on using.. hope it helps..

cool man thanks, btw what material should i use i want the lightest possible. Also how do you remove the seat bottom:shrug:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
if nobody is going to sit on it you could use MDF or a thin plywood, covering it with something from a fabric shop.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
if nobody is going to sit on it you could use MDF or a thin plywood, covering it with something from a fabric shop.

yeah nothing will be on it lol, i found some abs plastic on ebay 32"x48" in either 1/16" or 1/8" it is already black so i wont even carpet it. which thickness would be better?

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
yeah nothing will be on it lol, i found some abs plastic on ebay 32"x48" in either 1/16" or 1/8" it is already black so i wont even carpet it. which thickness would be better?

I'd do the 1/8" if I was doing it. It's pretty easy. Don't be in a rush and things will fall into place. GL

Did you install your A/F Gauge?

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
To remove the rear seat, press the release buttons on each side under the cushion:

dynoday085.jpg
[/IMG]

101blur

Established Member
cool man thanks, btw what material should i use i want the lightest possible. Also how do you remove the seat bottom:shrug:

I used some left over 1/2 MDO board that was sitting around my work.. I think both boards weight is around 20lbs but not sure I haven't weighed them yet..
and flat head screw driver under each crotch area of the back seats will pop them out.. kinda hard if you are a big guy to LOL..:rockon: good luck

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
venom1997

Eddie, you get the back seat out okay? Sent you a PM, in case it didn't pop out like a lot of people think it does. :beer:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I used 1/4 inch plywood and coverd in black fabric with padding underneath, and attached both sides with a silver piano hinge running the length of the two parts

It looks fine but I am going to redo it this summer, I want to cut a perfect fitting piece of plywood because i have a small gap on both sides in the same spot, and then cover with actual auto carpet you can get at Walmart or any auto parts store etc.

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
33753730014_medium.jpg

here's a seat delete i made. used 1/4 plywood and some black fabric from wal-mart. only spent $35 on it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread