Do any of you Apten guys have 4.10 gears?

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
I have 4.10s and the Apten as well. I have run in the 7.30s @ 97 in the 1/8 mile. My car is pushing just shy of 480hp to the wheels. I changed gears before I made any mods to my car. Did it help?..who knows, but I don't think that it hurt my car any either. I say put them in, and get a set of stickies and just have fun.....

bross03cobra

Established Member
No one is considering the 3.90's??? I think the 3.73's are too close to the 3.55's myself , but the 3.90's may be the best compromise. Is anyone running the 3.90's and if so how do you like them? Also depends like others have said about whether it's a street/track car or just a daily driver.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by DaTruth
I know KB guys with 4.10's. I mentioned you guys going with 4.10's about a year ago and I got bashed. I still think it is a good idea..

Never doubted you...

I love mine. I have stated in other "gear" threads that I launch better with the 4.10s. You can't really "dump" the clutch with these cars with 3.55s; you have to ease out on the clutch while "pressing" the gas. With 4.10s, it is easier to get up to speed. And, once in second, press all the way to the floor; then I can "grab" third.

From a roll, you feel like your face is distorting from the acceleration; the car is an absolute beast. Believe me, you WILL get pinned to the seat.:-D

Finally, my car is a daily driver; I still get about 16 to 18 miles per gallon

Users who are viewing this thread