do most cobra guys?

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I usually dont give them the time of day. Like stated, they see the cobra badge and everybody wants some. Its usually turns out a waste of time!!

for the most part, this is also the norm for me :shrug: but there is always an exception here and there, but not the rule :)

when you can/have butt raped most cars on the road you begin to ask "why bother with this car"

also a good point :shrug:

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
i used to love running GT's and now theres a guy with a built bottom end, heads, cams, built suspension GT coupe with spray and he thinks his car is gods gift to man, yet ive still drug his ass n/a and on the spray, btw my intake has never been lifted and the numbers in my sig are from when my car was almost stock in 2k6.

and now that im a vette owner i can say that vette owners are worse than GT owners.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I usually mess with them. I'll race them and hold back and right when they are getting ready to shift I'll wind it out all the way and finish them off.

musclefan21

Established Member
I don't bother with stock looking/sounding cobras

my cobra always looked stock. stock wheels, tires and layed down 455rwhp - 478rwtq

I keep telling myself "my insurance is cheaper" and that helps me sleep better at night having my slow GT.

My previous car was a GT and the insurace was 132 bucks a month. with cobra 137 bucks a month. insurance is not as crazy as you think.

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I usually will race other mustangs, as long as they aren't being jackasses in traffic... if it's clear, we're a go... most of the time, it's GTs that want to see the car move... I'm okay with that too. there's some fast GTs around though...

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
It gets annoying, and it's not worth the time, risk, or the gas to prove that indeed

If a guy is persistant about running me, and doesn't come off as a dumbass, then I'll give him a run, because there's no telling what you'll find. The persistant ones are either stupid, or they have good reason to be stepping up.

I agree :) When I get my car built this summer I'll be able to have some fun! :rockon::pepper:

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
I certainly don't mind beating up on other mustangs one bit. But so far, very few bothered messing with me.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I don't bother with stock looking/sounding cobras

mine looks completely stock except black wheels. i have the stock headers, and stock midpipe with cats, so its very quiet--careful what you wish for.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
I dont know what it is but In my cobra its like the anti race car. I never roll across anyone on the street. :(

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
that '87 GT you have sounds like a fun summer car:banana:

it needs tuned up--has some pretty bad cold start issues due to the shitty pro-m mass air meter--needs about 15 minutes of warm-up time, every time. once that's fixed this spring, hopefully i will put some good miles on it this spring/summer

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
I have had two cobras pick a fight with me, both of killed me bad. The second time I at least hung with him through 2nd... but the white one wasn't a normal cobra, that thing was crazy fast.

mustangkid05

Established Member
whats this the gt bash thread? some cobra owners are to cool lol and not to many cobras on here are messing with sinultros's gt^^^^^

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
do the most of cobra guys not race other mustangs? i had a run in with an 03 04 around town and he wouldnt go for the longest time at our meets. then some of us guys finally got him to give me a run from a dig. i launch pretty good pull 2-3 cars but after he stopped spinning gained on pretty decent, but he has a lot more done to his car than i do plus the s/c'd . after it was said and done he was saying he didnt think i would get out on him like that? so was just wondering if most of the cobra owners thought the same?

well.. for most Terminator owners, your average Mustang GT isn't worth the fuel to race (or the chance of loosing your license or the car) sure every once in a while, you'll run across a fast Mustang GT, but not very often..

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
true to most of the points made in here. but where im from there not many cobra owners that put down the hp #'s that ya'll do either, and im on 315's with stickies and 10/10 times the cobra's are on there stock meat. i dont go around bothering most cars see my 315's and wanna play.

Users who are viewing this thread