Do you let people cut in last second?

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
As I posted in the elderly driving thread earlier I recently moved to Florida and I am amazed at how bad the drivers are down here, age aside. The one thing that I have noticed more then anything is how everybody seems to cut over at the last second, sometimes 4 or 5 lanes to get off of 95. Normally I try to let everyone in but as of late i've gotten so fed up I stopped completely.

Today was the final straw. I was just driving home from school and the line to get onto 95 was about 2 miles long stop & go, uphill most of the way which as you guys know can be a pain in the ass with a manual.

The two left lanes were clear of traffic and about 10 cars flew up then forced their way into the on ramp at the last second. When I got to the ramp some asshole in a dodge ram tried to squeeze in front of me to cut the whole line. I said **** that and told him I wasn't moving my car until he continued on his way. We got into a pissing match for a few seconds and then he told me to **** off and gassed it down to the next u-turn.

Low and behold same scenario when the time came to get off of my exit and I did the same thing again with another guy so he had to go down to the next exit to get off. So my question is what is your personal policy on this stuff guys? I used to let it slide but its gotten to the point where I will go out of my way to not let people in after almost having people run me off the road countless times.

Coiled03

Established Member
**** NO!

If you don't have the foresight to see that you need to get over before the last second, I sure as hell won't let you in.

BULLITT314

Established Member
These idiots are a big reason why its stop and go in areas, I will not let them in...There are signs on highways for a reason. Same goes for lanes that end/merging...the sign tells you move over, so do it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There was actually a news article online about this a few months ago. Its actually a ticket-able offense. I forget what kind of charge get written up for but its nothing good.

96 cobra

Established Member
If done skillfully (e.g. not requiring me to take evasive maneuvers), I'll let one car in.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
There was actually a news article online about this a few months ago. Its actually a ticket-able offense. I forget what kind of charge get written up for but its nothing good.

For not letting them in or for cutting over last second?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
For not letting them in or for cutting over last second?

sorry should have clarified. For cutting over at the last second. Although depending on how you do it, I could see a cop getting a person for blocking cars as well.

Trubble

Established Member
Oh, HELL NO! I won't let 'em in, and it ticks me off when they creep ahead and find a sucker to let 'em in.

In my thinking these creeps (men and women) must feel that they're better than the rest of us, and don't deserve to be made to wait...

So what's worse OP, Boston drivers or Florida drivers???

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Oh, HELL NO! I won't let 'em in, and it ticks me off when they creep ahead and find a sucker to let 'em in.

In my thinking these creeps (men and women) must feel that they're better than the rest of us, and don't deserve to be made to wait...

So what's worse OP, Boston drivers or Florida drivers???

Without a doubt Florida drivers. I've been losing my ****ing mind since I moved down here. Nobody knows what they're doing, where they're going or why they're going there. I've never seen more hesitant drivers in my entire life.

Every single day some asshole will pull out in front of me making a u-turn while i'm going 50+ mph and force me to slam on the brakes to avoid a major collision. I'm convinced nobody looks before they do anything down here.

But other then that I love Florida :beer:

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
sorry should have clarified. For cutting over at the last second. Although depending on how you do it, I could see a cop getting a person for blocking cars as well.

I'd gladly take a ticket for the latter 10 times out of 10 if it meant that idiot had to turn around and do things the right way

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I'm a lot more lenient of people who try to cut in the middle of the line. But, if you come all the way up to the front and drove past an ass ton of people to get there the answer is none for you. I waited just like everybody else and so can you.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I'm a lot more lenient of people who try to cut in the middle of the line. But, if you come all the way up to the front and drove past an ass ton of people to get there the answer is none for you. I waited just like everybody else and so can you.

I'll agree with you there, but even that seems to be too much of a hassle for most of these people, they just want right to the front of the line and they want it NOW!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
hell no..I see that shit all the time on the way to work...on the express way 1 lane exits off to the interstate and every smart ass rides up to the last possible second and stops a whole lane of traffic trying to do 60 mph until someone lets them over

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I deal with this this everyday on my drive to work. Like others stated at first I was cool about it but now I try to block if I see them passing a bunch of cars. The wife and I try to car poop so when her and the baby are in the car I have to hold back, lol. Even when I do let them in it seems that no one can even wave and thank me for letting them in.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Fully depends if I got laid that day. If not, move bitch... get out the way!

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
No. I love it when they try and force their way in when I'm in my 03 f350 4 inch down pipe 5 inch exhaust with no cat. Not only do I not give a shit if they hit me they also get a nice plume of black smoke when they inevitably are forced behind me.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im that asshole.

Thanks for leaving me the gap I needed to squeeze my way in there at 80mph.

And no, the theory that if everyone just merged two miles back and stuck it out that it would be better is completely false. It sucks because people dont know how to ****ing drive cars and merge at freeway speeds anymore, they false brake over the littlest of things, which makes the domino effect half a mile behind them.

And when I do suck it up and get over early, im that asshole that makes sure theres no gap between me and the car in front of me, so no asshole like me can try to wedge his way in there. I have played chicken many a time with douchers in big trucks. They give up every time, they dont wanna ruin their precious fox racing mall crawler setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread