DO you think your Terminator can take the GT500?

Sephiroth

Established Member
Stock vs Stock the 03-4 Cobra(Terminator was a machine/man in a 80's movie that has accomplished more than any of you on this site ever will) will LOSE.
Quit calling it a Terminator......its pathetic.
Mod vs Mod.....you'll lose.........sorry.
Reality has just paid you a visit. :loser:

Edit: If anything the LS1 should be called the "Terminator". Because on motor it makes a laughing stock of any Ford produced motor since 96 to this day.
That is all of your daily dose of REALITY.

Last edited:

fbodyfan

Banned
l believe the question was stock for stock.. and the answer is NO! a terminator cant take GT500.. actually every year automobile companies are building new powerful cars and trans ams, terminators are gonna be slower to compare those cars.. for example, they built, 500hp truck.. 425hp srt-8s, etc. these are all fast cars and they are still building fast cars.. l knwo some SUVs can take LT1s and give good runs to LS1s... this is shame:)

Camaro99SS

Established Member
skajake83 said:
Huge stroke means it has to be a low revving motor with tons of low-end torque it can still be very effective. It works better in heavier vehicles like the lightning. I think the gt500 will be a monster when it is modded, look at the numbers the kb/whipple lightnings put out. Lots of guys put 650wrhp and around 700wrtq with crappier heads, imagine that in a GT500.

True, and it should be a monster, but a 5.4 still can't breathe any better then a 4.6 with the same heads and blower. I think this is part of the reason a 6spd C6 Vette was able to beat a GT500 in the 1/4 and increased the gap as speeds increased. It's also the reason the same magazine, Car and Driver couldn't get their 500 down the 1/4 that much faster then an 03 Cobra.

But this isn't the main issue I have with the 5.4 as it can be remedied with a KB or a turbo as you stated. What I don't like is the 5.4's can't accept longer connecting rods. If they could where piston speed isn't a problem like the 4.6's, I wouldn't be as critical. Just so I'm not totally biased, I'm also disappointed with how GM used shorter rods in the new Z06's despite their longer stroke. Given the thin block, this very issue may just be the LS7's Achille's heal.

Jason

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
the black mamba said:
Well with the 03 cobra. You can gain 100whp just with $1k. I think the vettes need a little bit more money put into them, or they need NOS. The terminators will still be a force to reckon with on the streets, but I expect the GT500 in about 3 years will be a street KING.

lol, street king.....not when that '08 C6 Z07 comes out next year...:nono:
and GT500s will still have trouble running with modded c6 zo6s.....

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:
lol, street king.....not when that '08 C6 Z07 comes out next year...:nono:
and GT500s will still have trouble running with modded c6 zo6s.....

I have a feeling Ford might be working on the competition for the new Z06.

I believe it will be a Shelby Cobra that they did some time ago with a N/A 590hp engine:rockon: . But this time it will have a better body etc.:coolman:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Camaro99SS said:
True, and it should be a monster, but a 5.4 still can't breathe any better then a 4.6 with the same heads and blower.

GT500 5.4 has much better heads, cams, and blower than the Cobra 4.6.

I think this is part of the reason a 6spd C6 Vette was able to beat a GT500 in the 1/4 and increased the gap as speeds increased.

GT500 didn't pull down low because of drive-by-wire and aerodynamics hurt it up top.

It's also the reason the same magazine, Car and Driver couldn't get their 500 down the 1/4 that much faster then an 03 Cobra.

Different day, probably different driver and test track too. MM&FF got better times and much better MPH out of the GT500 than they did the 2003 Cobra.

But this isn't the main issue I have with the 5.4 as it can be remedied with a KB or a turbo as you stated. What I don't like is the 5.4's can't accept longer connecting rods. If they could where piston speed isn't a problem like the 4.6's, I wouldn't be as critical. Just so I'm not totally biased, I'm also disappointed with how GM used shorter rods in the new Z06's despite their longer stroke. Given the thin block, this very issue may just be the LS7's Achille's heal.

The proof is in the pudding. I'm willing to bet the GT500 5.4 goes well over 100,000 miles when properly maintained, tuned, and if modded intelligently.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Camaro99SS said:
True, and it should be a monster, but a 5.4 still can't breathe any better then a 4.6 with the same heads and blower.
I guess it's too bad that the Shelby has the ford gt heads and a new eaton M122H blower.

I think this is part of the reason a 6spd C6 Vette was able to beat a GT500 in the 1/4 and increased the gap as speeds increased. It's also the reason the same magazine, Car and Driver couldn't get their 500 down the 1/4 that much faster then an 03 Cobra.
I think that's because car and driver sucks at driving and once on the streets there is no way a c6 is going to be out in front of a shelby.

But this isn't the main issue I have with the 5.4 as it can be remedied with a KB or a turbo as you stated.
what the hell are you talking about? KB just announced that they have a 2.6 and a 2.8 blower in developement and whipple has a 3.3 blower in development; all for the shelby.

What I don't like is the 5.4's can't accept longer connecting rods. If they could where piston speed isn't a problem like the 4.6's, I wouldn't be as critical. Just so I'm not totally biased, I'm also disappointed with how GM used shorter rods in the new Z06's despite their longer stroke. Given the thin block, this very issue may just be the LS7's Achille's heal.

Jason
There are 5.4 ford blocks making over 1000rwhp and running 8000rpm's.

Z O SICK

Established Member
It's hard to say. As of right now, I think you will see many 03/04 cobras walking the GT500. I also see mildly modded Vettes beating the GT500. The new GT500 is just so damn heavy:(

JD_Z28

Established Member
Z O SICK said:
It's hard to say. As of right now, I think you will see many 03/04 cobras walking the GT500. I also see mildly modded Vettes beating the GT500. The new GT500 is just so damn heavy:(
^^^ I agree. I think its gonna be a drivers race stock vs. stock. Its a good thing that the terminator is lighter.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
9550blkcobra said:
The 1st one I see will get worked by me, and ill video tape it 4 you.

Oh damn.. and thats comin from a guy with a 95 Cobra with a 5.0 :burnout:

Ay man.. when you get a video up of it.. i'll be first to comment and give a thumbsup :thumbsup: :coolman:

Wild Bill

Established Member
Sephiroth said:
Stock vs Stock the 03-4 Cobra(Terminator was a machine/man in a 80's movie that has accomplished more than any of you on this site ever will) will LOSE.

Edit: If anything the LS1 should be called the "Terminator". Because on motor it makes a laughing stock of any Ford produced motor since 96 to this day.
Aw just cause you cant handle a terminator,dont mean you should hate on them.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Sephiroth said:

Ford code named it "Terminator", and they're slightly quicker than Zinc yellow '03 GT's.:loser:

SpdPilot

Established Member
Well, I have been posting in another GT-500 about the same thing....so I might as well post here too.

I think problem we are having about most of you seeing the potential of the new GT-500 is the fact that the 05+ Mustang and the GT-500 included, is WAY UNDER TUNED by Ford.

The new Mustangs are way different then the post 04's. It has now been proven over and over that Ford has de-tuned the new Mustangs for warranty reasons. The new Mustang GT with just a proper tune will gain a solid 30+hp. With just a CAI and a Tune, it is normal to see a 45+hp gain. These cars have huge potential from simple mods, unlike previous Mustangs.

The fly by wire of the new Mustangs is another problem (safety net by Ford) for real world acceleration. It is killing the 1/4 mile times of these cars and some mods are coming out for that as well. The computer will actualy pull back the throttle if you hammer it to hard and there is also a delay from the time you put foot down, to when the motor responds. All things most of you have never had to deal with or may not be aware of.

The GT-500 is no different. When you see these times by the magazines for the new Mustang, you guys seem to grasp on to them for dear life. Do a little more reading and you may be a surprised. The GT-500 has everything most of us ever wanted in a Mustang. Once tuned and setup right, it is going to be a beast. As fast as the Z06....No....but thats just a reality.

My .02

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Right now mine would be close, but I would win. Even when they are modified, I doubt it since my will be twin turbod. But, damn those are some sweet looking cars, saw one by my house the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread