Doctors reprogram body to kill cancer

Kiohtee

Established Member
There's a pretty high up guy in NASCAR that has had cancer like three times now. Every time he's re-diagnosed with it he leaves the scene (tracks, shops and all) for a few months and returns without cancer.

Just sayin'.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Looks like a step in the right direction for sure. Would be a great break though to not have to use radiation, but your own body, to kill the cancer cells.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Awesome stuff. Watching a loved one die of cancer is horrible, hopefully this is a positive step in the right direction

oldmodman

Established Member
I sure hope that this type of treatment becomes a reality.

A very close friend is currently undergoing treatment for colon cancer. It was diagnosed late (stage 4) but as of now her chances look good.
Then just yesterday a skin biopsy showed that she has skin cancer too, so she is going in today to have it removed.

Maybe someday you will just be able to get a custom made vaccine that stops all forms of cancer from starting. Can't be soon enough.

Lung cancer got my mother.

It seem as we (humans) are able to live longer there is always something waiting for us farther down the road.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
God or nature has a plan for all of us. I have a feeling the planet looks at us a virus and tries to keep us in check. The longer we live, and the more of us that are here at one time just means that mother nature is gonna bring out the big, ugly guns. Think viruses are bad (like HIV or Ebola)? Try a mutated prion (think Scrapie, Mad Cow and spongiform encephalopathy) on for size. Don't try to play god...it won't end well.

Mayo5

Established Member
God or nature has a plan for all of us. I have a feeling the planet looks at us a virus and tries to keep us in check. The longer we live, and the more of us that are here at one time just means that mother nature is gonna bring out the big, ugly guns. Think viruses are bad (like HIV or Ebola)? Try a mutated prion (think Scrapie, Mad Cow and spongiform encephalopathy) on for size. Don't try to play god...it won't end well.

Oh ok. Well, we will let God get back in the lab and try to cure what he created.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

Cool plan brah, luckily our scientists don't have your mentality or we all probably wouldn't be here.

crew_dawg16

Established Member

Yes, the planet has a plan for us. :rollseyes

Are you mentally handicapped in some way?

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Pretty interesting. I would like to read a more scientific paper on this. Learning about cancer is always interesting to me, although it is very very complex. And like everyone else has said, watching a loved one die from cancer is very tough. Terrible disease.

Do you realize how incredibly rare prion disease are? Like a handful per million people. And cancer is not God's or nature's plan for killing us off. If you have ever noticed cancer generally occurs in older people and there is a reason for that. It is because our cells are constantly under stress from the outside world and inevitably this results in an error in our DNA no matter how good the repair mechanisms may be. This is what makes finding a cure for cancer so damned difficult.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Why must you ruin my thread with this ridiculous drivel?

Shut your cloaca please.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Never_go_full_retard.jpg

Kubin-B

Established Member
Right this is how i am legend begins, and im sure we the people have no clue of what the goverment is testing in there labs. makes you wonder where people get the ideas they do for the crazy movies that come out. but as far as for curing cancer i hope they get it right who knows what the outcome could be.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Right this is how i am legend begins, and im sure we the people have no clue of what the goverment is testing in there labs. makes you wonder where people get the ideas they do for the crazy movies that come out. but as far as for curing cancer i hope they get it right who knows what the outcome could be.

I love when people compare real life with movies... I really makes me feel secure for their sanity...

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member

Failpost.

Users who are viewing this thread