Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

ibleedblue65

Established Member
it matters not what dodge releases, ford has the almighty ecoboost 3.5L. :rolleyes: When the new TT v6 GT500 is announced next year these hellcats will be quickly forgotten.

Lol pretty much this. Dodge is kicking ford's ass right now. Never thought i would actually say that.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Lol pretty much this. Dodge is kicking ford's ass right now. Never thought i would actually say that.

You mean the hellcat finally caught up with the 2013 GT500 to where a stock for stock M6 is a drivers race??

We'll see what the Demon does and costs soon.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Hellcat m6
You mean the hellcat finally caught up with the 2013 GT500 to where a stock for stock M6 is a drivers race??

We'll see what the Demon does and costs soon.

The hellcat m6 is better than the 13-14 gt500s. Ford didn't even offer an auto in a car which is pretty much a dedicated straight line car=fail. Not to mention the chargers. Ford doesnt offer a rwd v8 4 door. Add in the jeep srt and durango and mopar is kicking fords ass. Sure ford has all the ecoboost stuff but lets be honest what we all really want is what dodge is delivering.

The direction ford is going right now by forcing the ecoboost down everyone's throat is alienating a lot of their core customer base. Hell i half expected the 18 mustang to not feature a v8 at all but I'm glad i was wrong.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Problem is ive heard that Chryslers notorious quality, or lack thereof is still present. Havent had any issues with quality in my 2011 GT500, and im sure most of the Shelby and Mustang line.

blk02edge

Established Member
If Ford was releasing something like this it would be the biggest circle jerk ever! Hats off to Dodge!
This isn't already the biggest circle jerk ever? went back and read a few pages and its pretty much a bunch of dudes jerking off in a circle complaining about haters when there aren't any really.

The new srtperformance.com

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Hellcat m6

The hellcat m6 is better than the 13-14 gt500s. Ford didn't even offer an auto in a car which is pretty much a dedicated straight line car=fail. Not to mention the chargers. Ford doesnt offer a rwd v8 4 door. Add in the jeep srt and durango and mopar is kicking fords ass. Sure ford has all the ecoboost stuff but lets be honest what we all really want is what dodge is delivering.

The direction ford is going right now by forcing the ecoboost down everyone's throat is alienating a lot of their core customer base. Hell i half expected the 18 mustang to not feature a v8 at all but I'm glad i was wrong.

Hellcat may be better, may not. Shelby can tie it in a drag race and outdo it by a fair margin in the twisties. One fact is they had to FOLLOW the GT500. Even then they didn't surpass it until 5 years later (2018 Demon).

Ford doesn't offer a V8 4door because they don't need to or care to.

Lemme know when Dodge starts outselling the F150 and when they come out with something that will even stand in a Raptor's shadow.

I disagree with your premise that Ford is alienating their base. I'd go one further and say 1st time Ford buyers could have been persuaded because of the Ecoboost option.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Hellcat may be better, may not. Shelby can tie it in a drag race and outdo it by a fair margin in the twisties. One fact is they had to FOLLOW the GT500. Even then they didn't surpass it until 5 years later (2018 Demon).

Ford doesn't offer a V8 4door because they don't need to or care to.

Lemme know when Dodge starts outselling the F150 and when they come out with something that will even stand in a Raptor's shadow.

I disagree with your premise that Ford is alienating their base. I'd go one further and say 1st time Ford buyers could have been persuaded because of the Ecoboost option.

The hellcat is a better roll/ drag / half mile car. There's no contest once you start modifying them. Sure the gt500 is better in the turns but its not very good compared to pretty much any other sports car. Its not exactly a strong suit of either one.

I really don't care if ford needs to or has to build a rwd v8 four door. I WANT ONE. I like fast shit and modify pretty much everything I own. Most of this forum is probably not much different than me.

I would take a f150 over a ram. Never been a fan of dodge trucks but dont get me started on the raptor. It's such a bro truck. Everyone talks about how awesome they are of road but they're kidding themselves. None of these guys are wheeling those ****ing trucks. At least not on the east coast. They just think they look cool. If you tried to wheel a raptor on the east coast with some real rigs you'd have a very bad day. I would have rather had a 3rd gen L.

They've definitely turned me off by all the ecoboost stuff. Hell look at my username, I've been a ford guy a long time but I'm not blindly loyal.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Yeah wake me up when Fiat/Chrysler actually surpass Ford in both quality and sales. I don't see them passing Ford in either category in the immediate future.

So this is what a brand loyalist resorts to when their brand gets smacked around in the hp wars??

Try telling the dodge owners about quality and sales while they're freight training the fastest (street legal) mustang ford has to offer. Im sure they'll pull over and have a discussion about it.

Shelby can tie it in a drag race.

Actually. It cant. A M6 bone stock hellcat has ran 10's. That's something NO GT500, regardless of year has ever done.

The A8 isnt even close.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell look at my username, I've been a ford guy a long time but I'm not blindly loyal.

I'm only 4 years into loyalty with Ford, but I'm focused on buying American for the foreseeable future. I'd love to have a Hellcat Charger, but realistically, the Wench will probably get her choice of vehicle next. I could lead her to an SRT Durango I suppose...

txrunner

Established Member
Problem is ive heard that Chryslers notorious quality, or lack thereof is still present. Havent had any issues with quality in my 2011 GT500, and im sure most of the Shelby and Mustang line.

My 2014 Ram Longhorn edition has been problem free. I bought a Lifetime bumper to bumper warranty so I plan on this being my 9 YO son's truck. I can't speak for their smaller cars (Dart, 200, etc.) but my Ram is nicer than any truck needs to be & rides great. I couldn't touch a Ford f150 King Ranch for what I paid + warranty

Rct851

Established Member
Yeah wake me up when Fiat/Chrysler actually surpass Ford in both quality and sales. I don't see them passing Ford in either category in the immediate future.

What up with all the panel alignment being so bad on the s550's? Not to mention the gt350's burning to the ground.

Brand loyalty aside he quality across the board isn't good enough for the price of these cars but when it's the banks money buying them people aren't as critical as they should be.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Actually. It cant. A M6 bone stock hellcat has ran 10's. That's something NO GT500, regardless of year has ever done.

Dude, you know I'm a huge Dodge fan. I have 5 MOPAR vehicles right now... But this little snip may not be completely accurate. It depends I'm what your definition of "bone stock" is.

My GT500, on factory installed Goodyear tires, the car ran an 11.7 @ 126 mph. On MT Streets it ran 10.998 @ 127 mph. Over the years, confirmed performance stats on the GT500 is right in that range.

As far as the Challenger Hellcat goes, an overwhelming majority of people have reported 11.7s and 11.6s at around 124 mph. Per my timer in my car (haven't been on the strip with it yet) I run those same numbers. The only person I am aware of that has been confirmed quicker with 100% stock car, including the PZeros, is Jay Gustafson, who went 10.9 at close to 129 mph. But he is an anomaly with talent and car on loan from God. That is not the norm.

As far as I can tell, real world, the norm is both cars are mid 11s 100% stock and low 11s / high 10s on DRs.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
What up with all the panel alignment being so bad on the s550's? Not to mention the gt350's burning to the ground.

Brand loyalty aside he quality across the board isn't good enough for the price of these cars but when it's the banks money buying them people aren't as critical as they should be.

I am by no means a Brand Loyalist, but I will likely always do business with Ford for a few reasons.

Ford did not take bailout money from our tax dollars. I like the idea that while many others had their hand out, Ford opted to update their business model to become more profitable. Not the top of the list of reasons, but its a big one.

My first 2013 GT was an early run model. Ford had thousands of cars that were going into limp mode for software reasons. The computer would wig out and crank the timing to 40+ degrees, the knock sensors wouldn't dial it back and other error detection systems would put the car in limp. The problem was, simply re flashing the system would reset all the tuning tables, and it would take months (1500+ miles) before the issues would present itself again.

I wanted to get rid of my car under the lemon law. Ford and I came to a deal... they wouldn't fight the lemon law request, they wouldn't charge me for miles, and they would give me a credit to use at the dealership toward buying my next vehicle. In exchange, I would put 1,500 miles a week on my car and help them test new tunes. I agreed, since I was a high miles driver anyway, I was over 1,500 mile a week anyway.

It took 3 months, but I was about to help Ford with data logging and testing, and they finally got a fix for all of their customers nationwide. They 100% kept their word, and got me into a new Mustang GT for no additional cost to me.

With my GT350, I bitched about the back bumper skin not lining up right. It was sagging and looked terrible. Ford paid a local shop to fix the alignment of the bumper skin, and I got a lifetime warranty on it.

Art isn't perfection. The art is in the subtle imperfections. When they aren't so subtle, Ford make good for it. So, unless they do something very F'ed up, they have a customer for life.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I would take a f150 over a ram. Never been a fan of dodge trucks but dont get me started on the raptor. It's such a bro truck. Everyone talks about how awesome they are of road but they're kidding themselves. None of these guys are wheeling those ****ing trucks. At least not on the east coast. They just think they look cool. If you tried to wheel a raptor on the east coast with some real rigs you'd have a very bad day. I would have rather had a 3rd gen L.

Are you Cereal right now? Like Super Cereal?

First - the Raptor is not a "wheeling" truck. It's a desert race truck. It's designed to go fast over open fields, deserts, sand and dirt roads. It's not for mud bogging or rock crawling. So obviously, the east coast being free of desert and open flat lands, theirs not much you can do off road in one. Off roading also destroys vehicles and not many guys want to trash their $60k anything.

Second - Hypocrisy?! Vast majority of GT500, GT350 and Hellcat owners don't even drive their cars, let alone go balls out racing them on straight and/or curvy tracks. They jerk off to factory published numbers, window stickers, how few miles their car has and nostalgia for names like Shelby, Hemi and SCAT.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member

First - the Raptor is not a "wheeling" truck. It's a desert race truck. It's designed to go fast over open fields, deserts, sand and dirt roads. It's not for mud bogging or rock crawling. So obviously, the east coast being free of desert and open flat lands, theirs not much you can do off road in one. Off roading also destroys vehicles and not many guys want to trash their $60k anything.

Second - Hypocrisy?! Vast majority of GT500, GT350 and Hellcat owners don't even drive their cars, let alone go balls out racing them on straight and/or curvy tracks. They jerk off to factory published numbers, window stickers, how few miles their car has and nostalgia for names like Shelby, Hemi and SCAT.

I can verify both of these statements.

My Raptor was a glorified street queen that could be M3s from a 60 roll (built & boosted it). I considered the streets of New Orleans to be an urban off-road..so it did see some light duty off-roading..even medium duty, if you've ever seen the streets down here.

I also masturbate profusely to the stats of my hellcat...I carry around printouts of other hellcat forum members time slips to show that my car is a mid-ten second car. I just sit outside & slowly stroke away at my lil fellow, just salivating over my beautiful Mopar. I also left the window sticker on so people know I grossly overpaid for a Dodge.

P.S. One of these paragraphs is true, whilst the other is oozing of sarcasm.

ibleedblue65

Established Member

Lol thanks for proving my point that the raptor is a bro truck.

Users who are viewing this thread