Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh I see, if I were into that car I'd probably rip both front seats out and put in basic light weight seats anyway.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Everyone is bitching about the Challenger being a heavy pig & only straight-line oriented...but isn't that the exact definition of a muscle car? The Challenger is still true to what it was when it came out, which was a rendition of the old school muscle car. The mustang & camaro are veering more towards the sports car route, which is a mix of both handling & speed...muscle cars are just raw power hungry animals, which the Challenger Hellcat definitely lives up to.

Dodge also perfected the track car..just look at the times the Viper ACR puts up & for it's price, it can be considered a bargain for its performance.

Comparing the current Challenger platform to the newly refined Mustang platform, is an apples to oranges comparison, since Ford refined the Mustang be be a sports car..while the Challenger is still on its muscle car platform. I assume their new platform for the Challenger will be sports car based..so that'll be a more fair comparison.

Dodge isn't stupid, they're making moves & picking up the old school thinkers that want raw power & V8 rumbles...it's archaic desires, but no one really caters to that crowd as much anymore...Some guys could give a shit about mpg on highway or how well a car can take a turn, me being one of them.
exactly! i couldn't have said it better man

like it says in the ad, "...where a tenth is a car, and a half second is your reputation."

they are definitely marketing this directly to old-school drag racer types (like myself), with whom dodge/chrysler/plymouth has had a long, storied history. i love it

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LOL... A nice generator and a push start from the guys in the pits and you're good to go.

LMAO! This reminds me about me telling one of my neighbors that after all these years I have push start in my mustang. He looked at me odd and was like.. "did I hear you right, that you have to push start it?". This guy always gives me the LOLZ.

Recon

Established Member
Take notes Ford. Dodge made another badass muscle car, ant they're actually releasing info on it.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Posted on Hellcat.org by Rayzazoo:

Dodge Resurrects the Demon: Teaser Video No. 5 – ‘Forced Induction’
  • “Forced Induction,” the fifth video in the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon pre-reveal teaser campaign, launches today
  • Fans should visit www.ifyouknowyouknow.com for weekly updates, to download sharable content and for a countdown to its reveal
  • Dodge’s new ultimate performance halo to be unveiled during 2017 New York International Auto Show week
  • Use hashtag #DodgeDemon to be a part of the next chapter in the Dodge performance story
February 9, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - “Gimme fuel! Gimme fire! Gimme that which I desire!” is poetry by Metallica that speaks to every gearhead.

But, any engine builder will be quick to point out that the “power of that poetry” is actually limited; limited by the chemistry of combustion; limited by thin air.

Because the key to increasing the power output of the Challenger SRT Demon’s supercharged HEMI, or any engine for that matter, is a function of how much cool air you can get in the engine.

To maximize the Demon’s full potential, SRT has added:
  • The largest functional “Air Grabber” cold air intake hood ever installed on a production vehicle, measuring more than 45 square inches
  • A significantly larger air box that is sealed and ducted to the hood scoop
  • Two illuminated functional “Air Catcher” headlamps

The combination gives the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon significantly increased airflow, while also dropping the inlet air temperature by more than 30 degrees compared with the Hellcat.

Fans should visit www.ifyouknowyouknow.com to watch the “Forced Induction” video multiple times. Just like the previous videos, nothing is a coincidence and everything means something. Follow along with other teaser videos to learn more about what’s next from Dodge and SRT.

Our story so far:

Leading up to the New York reveal, Dodge is launching its first-ever pre-debut video teaser campaign, including a new website www.ifyouknowyouknow.com, where fans and followers can get weekly updates, download sharable content and gain insight into the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon’s engineering prowess.

Videos released so far:
  • Cage” debuted January 12
  • Reduction” debuted January 19
  • Wide Body” debuted January 26
  • Crate” debuted on February 2

In the coming weeks, Dodge will continue to bring fans and followers in on more details by slowly peeling away layer upon layer of the new Dodge Challenger SRT Demon via video shorts that highlight the engineering that has gone into its development.

All videos in the series will be featured at www.ifyouknowyouknow.com. A countdown clock tells viewers when the next installment will be uncaged. The final chapter arrives when the Challenger SRT Demon is revealed in New York City, prior to the New York International Auto Show.

Dodge is promoting the teaser campaign on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media pages, directing fans to www.ifyouknowyouknow.com and encouraging them to use the hashtag #DodgeDemon.

demon1-png.139129

demon-png.139121

demon2-png.139137

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That "Air Grabber" decal is pretty sweet. Dodge is def. bringing back the cool name plates and logos with their cars. I wonder if they will ever bring back the "meep meep" Road Runner.

Users who are viewing this thread