Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
8's? You realize the HC challenger weighs 4,449 lbs right? Even if the Demon comes in at 3900 pounds it would have to put out approximately 1061 hp to run 8.99 in the quarter...You're talking about 8's like they're 13's. And without a cage where are you going to run the car? I have no doubt the car is going to be the straight line pony car king but 8's are retard fast.

http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_horsepower_elapsed_time/horsepower_elapsed_time.php

Dodge is offering the car with a roll bar. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...lenger-srt-demon-everything-we-think-we-know/

If it truly traps 125 in the 1/8 there is no reason it wouldnt trap 155 in the 1/4 which is more than enough mph for an 8 sec pass.

it adds up...

we just need to find out if it really traps 125 in the 1/8. That is a ridiculous 1/8 trap.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
It will not trap anywhere near 125 in the 8th. I can see maybe 105-110 tops.

Realistically im thinking it'll be around 135 in the 1/4. Maybe upper 130's in mineshaft air.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
It will not trap anywhere near 125 in the 8th. I can see maybe 105-110 tops.

Realistically im thinking it'll be around 135 in the 1/4. Maybe upper 130's in mineshaft air.

What do they trap now high 120s? Pretty huge jump to trap high 130s. I don't see that happening but would love to be wrong.

Jefe

Established Member
8's? You realize the HC challenger weighs 4,449 lbs right? Even if the Demon comes in at 3900 pounds it would have to put out approximately 1061 hp to run 8.99 in the quarter...You're talking about 8's like they're 13's. And without a cage where are you going to run the car? I have no doubt the car is going to be the straight line pony car king but 8's are retard fast.
I own a Hellcat so I know exactly what they weigh.

Did you miss the videos of them running low 9s already? Those cars are a 100 shot away from 8s.

Jefe

Established Member
Whipple swap and we're over 1000 to the wheels

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I looking for that video yesterday! I saw it posted on the Hellcat forum, but was not viewable. That is BEAST! Crazy power and torque. Look at that torque curve. NASTY!
Any details on it? Is that HHP's tune or Whipple's? Pump gas or E85? (Probablt E85.) Any supporting mods done to the car?

sleek98

Established Member
Whipple swap and we're over 1000 to the wheels

Did you also see the video of the panda WALKIN away from a 1,000 whp cat? Granted it looked like the cat owner couldnt drive worth a shit.

The problem with getting a cat into the 8's with the auto is if you turn off the torque control its blowing out the transmission and with it on I dont see them going 8s.

Also the fastest hellcat that ran a 9.29 already had a 75 shot on the car. Another 25 shot isnt going to drop 3 tenths. I think one ran a 9.27 but i cant find that video.

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
There's no way this car is going to go 125 in the 1/8. At 4,000 pounds that would be 1100-1200 whp. Lol

Oh I definitely understand that, and it's just crazy because this has been the first bit of info teased that hasn't really made any sense - why would they make a claim that it can do that if it's nowhere near?

2011fiveliter

Established Member
Like someone said, the issue right now for the hellcats. Is the tuning for transmission. At high power levels it start messing with the trans. Not sure exactly. Maybe a tuner can chim in. But i believe the car will start blowing off boost at sime point. So until this issue is solved. We might not see a hellcat in the 8s.

sleek98

Established Member
It will get there at some point. It looks like there are a couple transmission rebuild packages, but they are like 7,000 for just the rebuild.

I am guessing there will always be 5 mustangs in the 8s for every hellcat in the 8s.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
The same happened for the SRT8 jeeps with a variant of the 8 speed found in the hellcats. The NAG 5 Speed in the previous generations were fine, the new 8 speeds are a pain. They had 1000HP Jeeps running 11s due to this issue.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Didn't they say it did 9.56 in the quarter in stock form?

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Testers are running 9.60s. Hellcat testers were running 10.30s. They ended up backing off that for reliability and durability reasons. Warranty issues were also a big part.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
It will get there at some point. It looks like there are a couple transmission rebuild packages, but they are like 7,000 for just the rebuild.

I am guessing there will always be 5 mustangs in the 8s for every hellcat in the 8s.

So what.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Testers are running 9.60s. Hellcat testers were running 10.30s. They ended up backing off that for reliability and durability reasons. Warranty issues were also a big part.
I think emissions was a big part as well, correct?

Jefe

Established Member
Any details on it? Is that HHP's tune or Whipple's? Pump gas or E85? (Probablt E85.) Any supporting mods done to the car?
This is an HHP tuned 4.5 Whipple. Very little done to the car at all. Dual 450lph returnless fuel system with ID1000 injectors, Q16, catless mid pipes, 3.09 gears, and a 180 degree tstat. Insane!!

Did you also see the video of the panda WALKIN away from a 1,000 whp cat? Granted it looked like the cat owner couldnt drive worth a shit.

Would like to see mod lists on both cars. No way that Challenger is hooking up until 90mph+ with those tires in the video. Its probably a high 800hp car which is 1000 at the crank.

This M6 Hellcat puts down 947hp and 897tw on 20psi running 315 555Rs at 20psi. He spins through all 5 gears until 140mph lol

The problem with getting a cat into the 8's with the auto is if you turn off the torque control its blowing out the transmission and with it on I dont see them going 8s
Exactly. Im starting to see simple pullied cars having issues with the transmission but I believe the torque management was turned off and that is destroying the clutches.

Users who are viewing this thread