Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This is an HHP tuned 4.5 Whipple. Very little done to the car at all. Dual 450lph returnless fuel system with ID1000 injectors, Q16, catless mid pipes, 3.09 gears, and a 180 degree tstat. Insane!!
Insane indeed sir!! Torque galore.
Thanks for posting.

Jefe

Established Member
I forgot about the car Tim Barth was working on last year:

American racing headers
2.65 upper
Innovators west lower
K&n cold air
Fore fuel system
ID1300 injectors
E85
Meth injection
Nitrous kit (200shot)

Maxed out the dyno at 1200rwhp/1118tq. Took it to the track and his best ET was 9.51 but had several traction issues and he couldn't spray until he has 5 seconds into the run. Said it has the power to run 8's easily and Barth learned a lot about the transmission and what he could tweak.

Took it to a 2000hp dyno and it made a little over 1300rwhp and the engine popped. The new build(426 4.5 Whipple No Nitrous) is almost done

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Maxed out the dyno at 1200rwhp/1118tq. Took it to the track and his best ET was 9.51 but had several traction issues and he couldn't spray until he has 5 seconds into the run. Said it has the power to run 8's easily and Barth learned a lot about the transmission and what he could tweak.
Took it to a 2000hp dyno and it made a little over 1300rwhp and the engine popped. The new build(426 4.5 Whipple No Nitrous) is almost done
I think I saw that on the Hellcat forum. BEAST for sure!!!
It just popped into my head. Are you the same JEFE on the Hellcat forum?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member

American racing headers
2.65 upper
Innovators west lower
K&n cold air
Fore fuel system
ID1300 injectors
E85
Meth injection
Nitrous kit (200shot)

That's Mike Posts dyno.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Did you also see the video of the panda WALKIN away from a 1,000 whp cat? Granted it looked like the cat owner couldnt drive worth a shit.

The problem with getting a cat into the 8's with the auto is if you turn off the torque control its blowing out the transmission and with it on I dont see them going 8s.

Also the fastest hellcat that ran a 9.29 already had a 75 shot on the car. Another 25 shot isnt going to drop 3 tenths. I think one ran a 9.27 but i cant find that video.

This is pretty accurate. The problem with the cats is the zf8 has proven to be fairly fragile on anything other than stock power levels. You can leave all of the torque management in them and they'll survive a little while but it slows the cars way down. Tm pulls out a ton of power, not just during the shifts. Pretty much all of the big power cars last year were running on hurt transmissions. A bunch of cars got built transmissions this year so it will be interesting to see what happens.

sleek98

Established Member
Thats not a bad ratio considering there's probably 500 mustangs to every hellcat. Lol

Doubt there are 15,000,000 mustang gts out there. Esp 2011+.

Looks like 40-45k mustang gts per year. So 2011-2017 is 7 production years. So 280,000-310,000 vs 30,000. So 10-1.

If you pull out the verts and rental cars your prolly in the 7 or 8 to one range.

But the hellcat has almost 2 times the power so it "should" be easier to get there.

Last edited:

bullitt2735

Established Member
I forgot about the car Tim Barth

TI'm Barth from MPH? That's a name I haven't heard in awhile! Cool to see that he's still in the game, I heard a few years ago he moved to a new shop, Norms or something?

Anyway that's a nasty hellcat lol

sleek98

Established Member
3.9 extra psi
221 weight loss
no idea on the 405 reduction in 1/4 time doesnt really make sense as the stock hellcat with stock tires would be in the mid 11s right?

Edit: additional G force on launch??? .405

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
TI'm Barth from MPH? That's a name I haven't heard in awhile! Cool to see that he's still in the game, I heard a few years ago he moved to a new shop, Norms or something?

Anyway that's a nasty hellcat lol
Yes it is! He is back and better than ever. He is going to be the first to put a Hellcat in the 8s and there may be more than 1 car doing it.

https://www.facebook.com/barthtuning/

His new shop opens in a few weeks in Vancouver I believe

Jefe

Established Member
Anyone else hearing Whipple rumors in regards to the Demon? Whipple won't confirm or deny...

sleek98

Established Member
Anyone else hearing Whipple rumors in regards to the Demon? Whipple won't confirm or deny...

Think they are using the 4.5L or would Whipple have made a smaller version?

Hope they pin the crank this go around if using that monster crank snapper 4.5

Users who are viewing this thread