Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

bullitt2735

Established Member
...a 50hp jump would be very underwhelming for a hype of this magnitude.

Nah the numbers mean its going to run a 8.15 1/4 on pump and a 7.57 on race gas off the transbrake /s

I think it would only take 1500rwhp or so in that heavy beast. But honestly with all the hype of the videos I hope it's closer to the 900hp range, not that I am going to buy one though

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
The car is going to have 3 power levels. Don't get too caught up with the numbers. Hellcats were under-rated. 757HP as a base rating, then 815HP mid rating and 900+ on race gas. The bottom line has always been, how well does the car perform at the track or out on the streets. The last two teasers have shown part of a run and it looks very quick. This car will redefine your beliefs and expectations.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Technically speaking the stock Hellcat is underrated & puts down ~650rwhp. If you assume a 15% parasitic loss getting the power to the wheels..it's more along the lines of 765hp..

They can bump the stock hellcat numbers up 50hp without doing crap. With the new air intake & other tweaks, it's most likely a lil over 800hp on pump gas. I think the limit on pump gas for a hellcat is around 780rwhp before it calls for race gas, so 815hp to the crank definitely doesn't need any race gas. Rather than increasing hp much, they concentrated on weight reduction & launch...which are the current hellcats two main issues. It'll easily be a high 9 second car.

I wish they'd do flex fuel though.

Insiders say, engineers ruled that out do to the required fuel injectors.

Never_Enough

Established Member
The car is going to have 3 power levels. Don't get too caught up with the numbers. Hellcats were under-rated. 757HP as a base rating, then 815HP mid rating and 900+ on race gas. The bottom line has always been, how well does the car perform at the track or out on the streets. The last two teasers have shown part of a run and it looks very quick. This car will redefine your beliefs and expectations.
No car this heavy will redefine anything. You can toss enough HP at anything to make it fast. That doesn't make it good.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
They can bump the stock hellcat numbers up 50hp without doing crap. With the new air intake & other tweaks, it's most likely a lil over 800hp on pump gas. I think the limit on pump gas for a hellcat is around 780rwhp before it calls for race gas, so 815hp to the crank definitely doesn't need any race gas. Rather than increasing hp much, they concentrated on weight reduction & launch...which are the current hellcats two main issues. It'll easily be a high 9 second car.
I agree.
A 9 second car might be pushing it, but damn near close!! (I hope it does though.)

How does tossing these parts, that are on many other better cars, and adding a few ponies redefining anything?
Winning at the drag strip maybe?
Stock with full warranty. (Key words there.)

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
No car this heavy will redefine anything. You can toss enough HP at anything to make it fast. That doesn't make it good.

This car is going to offer things that no other car has ever offered, all to aid regular guys to beat cars that literally cost 10X as much. It will redefine what a car is capable of (running 9s for under a 100K) and it will change people's expectations (others will expect Ford and GM to respond). So what I said is my personal prediction based on solid reason and logic.

Line Lock (This is not class exclusive)
2-Step
Trans Brake
After Run Chiller System
Multiple Power Levels
Drag Mode
Unique Nitto Radials

All of this from the factory and with a warranty. It isn't going to be good, it is going to be elite. Only a few cars will be able to match the Demon's performance. I'm sorry.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
How does tossing these parts, that are on many other better cars, and adding a few ponies redefining anything?

What car has a trans brake, a 2-step system from the factory? What car offers and after run chiller system from the factory? What car offers multiple power settings from the factory? Who offers drag mode from the factory? A lot of cars offer track mode, but who offers drag mode? Who offers DRs from the factory? Who offers a crate from the factory with all of the necessary hardware to run deep 9s? Please, tell me who.

Never_Enough

Established Member
What car has a trans brake, a 2-step system from the factory? What car offers and after run chiller system from the factory? What car offers multiple power settings from the factory? Who offers drag mode from the factory? A lot of cars offer track mode, but who offers drag mode? Who offers DRs from the factory? Who offers a crate from the factory with all of the necessary hardware to run deep 9s? Please, tell me who.
Cars already have line lock, many "modes", etc from factory. The HC even has 2 HP levels from factory. DRs from the factory is awesome now? It's hard to buy 2 tires!!! You are kicked out of the track after 1 run, the car has no cage.

I love HP & fast as much as everyone, but there is nothing groundbreaking here. All this hype = zzzzzz so far.

My opinion. We can agree to disagree.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I agree.
A 9 second car might be pushing it, but damn near close!! (I hope it does though.)

Winning at the drag strip maybe?
Stock with full warranty. (Key words there.)

I mean tires & driveshaft put them at 10.4-10.5...that's already done on the Demon now, so it's at least a 10.4-10.5 car..Add the weight reduction (every 100lbs is worth a tenth of a second)..puts it at 10.2-10.3...Add in the power increase whether it be 50-100hp extra..puts it down another tenth or two easily..now you're knocking at 10.0. The cherry on top is all the other goodies & add-ons. I won't say it's a sure shot for every driver, but a good driver should get the Demon to a 9.9X..maybe even a rare 9.8X.

It looks like they covered all the shortcomings of the hellcat, just wish they'd lose a bit more weight (400lbs would of been a definite 9 sec car).

I wonder how far they went with weight reduction..If they didn't cover easy things to do like light weight batteries, etc. That would definitely allow owners to get "unmodded" demons to hit 9s if it doesn't get into them in true stock form. Every bit helps. Hopefully it sparks a new cobra jet, copo, & drag pak competition like they had going on a while back.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Cars already have line lock, many "modes", etc from factory. The HC even has 2 HP levels from factory. DRs from the factory is awesome now? It's hard to buy 2 tires!!! You are kicked out of the track after 1 run, the car has no cage.

I love HP & fast as much as everyone, but there is nothing groundbreaking here. All this hype = zzzzzz so far.

Wow

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member

But do any cars offer a 2-Step, trans brake, DRs, after run chiller system, "drag mode" and multiple power levels (besides the Hellcat)? These items from the factory are pretty groundbreaking, no one has ever done them, that is what groundbreaking means, to be the first to do something significantly. Anyways, if you don't agree, that's fine. Just remember, if Ford follows suit, don't suddenly change your opinion, wouldn't look good. I remember when Ford was the first to offer line lock, people on this forum were pretty stoked, and for good reason.

sleek98

Established Member
Do you really think you will be able to buy one sub 100K? I am not talking MSRP, I am talking walking into a dealer and laying cash on the table.

If they limit the car to 1200 like I have seen (and maybe I have been told incorrect info) They will be selling for 130-150k.

I think all the stuff is cool and I wish Ford would follow but for the price it will actually take to get one you could blow up multiple 5.0s motors and run faster times and still have cash left over. For guys like me that can do the work themselves I dont care about a warranty, I care about actual dollars spent to run x.xx times

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Still badass... Thought I would share.

Edit. It's been awhile since I looked in on the drag cars, but I remember they made two of them. One had a naturally-aspirated engine and the other one was supercharged. The NA is a big block and the blown car is a small block. For what I understand they only made like a hundred of each every year. I could be wrong on that number though.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wonder how far they went with weight reduction..If they didn't cover easy things to do like light weight batteries, etc. That would definitely allow owners to get "unmodded" demons to hit 9s if it doesn't get into them in true stock form. Every bit helps. Hopefully it sparks a new cobra jet, copo, & drag pak competition like they had going on a while back.

From memory..

They pulled the sound deadening out and all the seats but the driver's.

They replaced the steering column adjuster with a manual one.

Brakes are smaller.

Wheels are lighter.

Basically what all the bolt on 5.0 guys do to their cars for a track day, Dodge is just doing it for you and charging extra lol.

Users who are viewing this thread