Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Surprisingly, the hellcat was very well engineered. Most just run the stock air box with no filter at the track.
I know. Crazy stuff.
I have been following the car since it came out. I think the original numbers the Hellcat engine put out was was 825 HP. LOL That is insane for a stock car with warranty. I bet the torque was up there as well. Mopar engines have serious torque, especially after modifications.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I did several 60-130 pulls in stock form and have done several since I added the LMI (same intake temps, air temps, etc.).

I see no real discernible difference but it hasn't gotten slower.

A/F is the same on my dash and interceptor gauge, times are basically the same, etc.

Had it on for almost 10k miles now with no tune. Sound is awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zemedici

Established Member
50 and 60 roll. Hahahahaha, what a joke. Why not roll out from 100. And you are bragging about it.

What's the point of this post? The instantaneous torque of the big displacement couple with the PD style blower makes the car a notorious tire roaster.....do what you're good at.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Go from 100 next time....

Must of forgot your meds. I forgive you.

I'll tell you what, next time when I'm on the interstate & come across a GTR...I'll make sure I get him to go from a 0 roll to appease the archaic minded buffoons such as yourself, since roll racing is not real racing in your book (pictures only book of course).

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Love the hellcats... ive also read that the stock intake is fine.

Although I'd probably upgrade too, for the sound.

Had I bought one (almost did) I would have done 3.09s (awesome mod--no speedo effect, full rear member is ~$1400--self install), tune, and covert to e85. That'd probably be it. Shit would run high 130s and probably crack, or get close to 9s.

bad ass machines!

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I guess P1s, 918s and LaFerraris cannot run at NHRA tracks. What about IHRA tracks? I have seen Hellcats run 9s without cages along with 5.0s, GT500s etc.

SirShaun

Established Member
It still blows my mind we're discussing low 10/ high 9 second cars directly from the factory that are fully streetable and come with full bumper to bumper warranties. Insane.

Is it really tho? I mean cars are going 5's on 275 radials. Stock cars were going 12's 13's in the 70s without a tire.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure they need tires.

5lytn.jpg

Jefe

Established Member
New record, 9.15@158

Pulleys, cam, headers, nitrous, ported heads/supercharger, diff, driveshaft, wheels and Q16

Never_Enough

Established Member
It still blows my mind we're discussing low 10/ high 9 second cars directly from the factory that are fully streetable and come with full bumper to bumper warranties. Insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warranty is normally voided when you mod cars to run 9s. I'm sure some dealers don't care, though.

Users who are viewing this thread