Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
From memory..

They pulled the sound deadening out and all the seats but the driver's.

They replaced the steering column adjuster with a manual one.

Brakes are smaller.

Wheels are lighter.

Basically what all the bolt on 5.0 guys do to their cars for a track day, Dodge is just doing it for you and charging extra lol.

Pretty much. I have a Charger Hellcat, but I'd never get the Demon. I'd much rather a Challenger Hellcat with the widebody. You're paying premium for warranty & rarity when it comes to the Demon. Very cool, but not my cup of tea.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
From memory..

They pulled the sound deadening out and all the seats but the driver's.

They replaced the steering column adjuster with a manual one.

Brakes are smaller.

Wheels are lighter.

Basically what all the bolt on 5.0 guys do to their cars for a track day, Dodge is just doing it for you and charging extra lol.

Just one correction, there will be a passenger seat. Dodge has made it easier to remove once you get to the track.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just one correction, there will be a passenger seat. Dodge has made it easier to remove once you get to the track.
I have a screen shot in email directly from an SRT rep that states it will only come with a drivers seat, unless they have changed it.

I'm about to head out but I'll see if I can post it on Monday.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I am still on the fence about the Demon, but I am loving my Hellcat more and more everyday. Added new 3.09 gears and LMI CAI.

I love how the LMI amplifies that SC whine:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I am still on the fence about the Demon, but I am loving my Hellcat more and more everyday. Added new 3.09 gears and LMI CAI.

I love my LMI. I put a driveshaft, LMI, muffler-delete, & JBA cat-delete on mine so far. Contemplating if the 3.09 is worth the price tag. It's the only other mod I can do before I void the warranty since the next step would be upping the boost.

Zemedici

Established Member
I love my LMI. I put a driveshaft, LMI, muffler-delete, & JBA cat-delete on mine so far. Contemplating if the 3.09 is worth the price tag. It's the only other mod I can do before I void the warranty since the next step would be upping the boost.

Definitely do it. Especially if you drag the car.

Sounds good. So glad you guys are modifying these cars the correct way vs bullshit parts. As always if you have any questions or anything I'm here to help. Enjoy your Cats, gentlemen.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Definitely do it. Especially if you drag the car.

Sounds good. So glad you guys are modifying these cars the correct way vs bullshit parts. As always if you have any questions or anything I'm here to help. Enjoy your Cats, gentlemen.

The only question is...How big of a difference is there between a 17" & 18" rim when it comes to hooking? I'm not sure which to pull the trigger on. I'll be running Mickey Thompson ET Street Rs for either setup.

Zemedici

Established Member
The only question is...How big of a difference is there between a 17" & 18" rim when it comes to hooking? I'm not sure which to pull the trigger on. I'll be running Mickey Thompson ET Street Rs for either setup.

Our car runs on 18s and it's been right at 180 in the 1/2 and 9s in the 1/4, dont seem to have an issue :)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
2 questions guys with the LMI.
Does the LegMaker CAI need a tune and
2) does it increase power/torque besides that awesome symphony of whine.
Thanks!

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
2 questions guys with the LMI.
Does the LegMaker CAI need a tune and
2) does it increase power/torque besides that awesome symphony of whine.
Thanks!

No tune needed. A guy did a test between the stock intake & the LMI & I believe there was around a 20rwhp gain.

I heard that the new BWoody update to their intake will compete with the LMI's performance.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
No tune needed. A guy did a test between the stock intake & the LMI & I believe there was around a 20rwhp gain.
I heard that the new BWoody update to their intake will compete with the LMI's performance.
Wow,....that is VERY impressive. Awesome.
These 'cats love air!

Users who are viewing this thread