Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yea man. I hear you. I'm gonna trade my Rubicon Hard Rock for one. I have a really bad back injury from a crash a couple years ago, so off-road trails are pretty much not an option anymore.

I am going to set it up for towing for track days with the Shelby. Makes sense to me to tow the car I plan on racing, in the event I need a ride home. LOL

LOL
Good call. Plus, you get to show up with 2 awesome vehicles and drive them both. One on the way to/from and one on the track.
Winning.

That reminds me of a guy I knew a long time ago. Had a 9 second GN and towed it to the track with his 454 SS truck. Made a bet with a guy he'd beat him with his tow vehicle. Guy didn't know it had a built stroker motor with a lot of nitrous lol.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Too bad most folks can't even begin to afford these cars.

You said "these cars", those cars being the "fastest production * car". Since when have "most folks" been able to afford a manufacturer's top vehicle? Most folks couldn't afford the almighty Terminator back in '03. So you smh'ing is for what reason?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The intercooler setup I had when I turbo'd the Lightning would keep IAT2's in the 60's at the end of the run. Too bad it wasn't that efficient all the time, but still did damn well in this heat.
The only reason i want to get rid of my whipple is charge temps. The KC kills my a/c. I hate it but it works well for cooling the fluid.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Are you sure about that? Ducting air to the supercharger inlet at the front of the engine sounds like a highly unlikely situation. ...

... AC into the intake? what? Do you have any idea how much air is sucked into the engine? There is no way it does that and is efficient. What makes you think that?

Unless I misread it, it's right there in one of the press releases.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Too bad most folks can't even begin to afford these cars.

If you think about it, most folks cannot afford multiple cars, so most folks would not choose these cars as their daily drivers for multiple reasons including insurance cost, gas mileage, not practical for family use, not practical for Northern climates where snow and ice is a factor, among other things.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Unless I misread it, it's right there in one of the press releases.

You misread it. They're not ducting AC chilled air in to the system but rather using the AC cooling to "supercool" the IC fluid with a liquid to liquid heat exchanger (basically a killer chiller from the factory)...

The hellcat CFM is right around 700 iirc (demon is no doubt a good bit higher)...trying to duct cooler air from the AC system to lower IAT would be like trying to take a leak on a forest fire to put it out...But using the cooling power of the Freon (y1234 or whatever it is now) will get you somewhere...

My guess is it's not an always on system but basically a factory copy of the drag version of the killer chiller where putting the car in drag mode shuts off the cabin circuit and diverts all of it to the IC fluid cooling circuit. Hence why they can get a 45 degree drop and it still be track useable (there'd be no condensation to drip)...

Jefe

Established Member
Well, here's what I think. Purely speculation but my take. I bet the engineers researched NHRA tracks, pre-selected it and the month to make their run, based on past records of weather to optimize their run. I don't think they chose the track and seasons by drawing names and dates from a hat....... they left nothing to chance. Know what I mean?
Sure but its still going to run 9s even with a 1,500 DA
So..... does the "crate" fit in the trunk? Or do you get the optional Caravan roof rack that no one talks about with it?:D
2018-dodge-demon-trunk-crate-front-runners.jpg

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I really hope one of the car mags throw 315's of the best road course tire on all 4 corners just for shits and giggles. I think the results around a road course may surprise some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is BEAST!
Not too bad for a 4,000lb. car, huh?!?!

Attachments

• IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 90

SVTStampede

Established Member
The fender flares are ugly. I guess it was made for RAM fans.

Seriously though, the flares look cheap. The crate is extremely cool.

Users who are viewing this thread