Does a person's past bother you?

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
well she's the "i like to be honest and open from the get-go" type.

**** that. Tell her you dont care. The girl I am dating now tried telling me and I was like "seriously, catherine, stfu I dont care."

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yes, depending on the situation that shit will loom on my mind forever. Its usually once you're in the "meeting" stage where it really bothers you. I just get really jealous usually.

King$nake

Banned
I don't really care, as long as she's over it, I'm over it. The past is....just that. The past.

BTW, I have never heard a guy ask a question like this. It always seems to be the girls that are always haunted by my past, lol

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
It doesn't matter about her past or who shes been with, what matters is now and the relationship you hold. You sound like your early in the relationship, but if it does develop and you fall in love you will understand that you must accept the good with the bad. You can't just love someone based on everything good they've done in their lives, you must accept the past and hope that the future holds more. I know this sounds gay, but its true.

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
I don't think anyone wants to be with someone that's bee with 30, 40 or even 50 people, just like I don't think anyone would particularly want to date a previous drug addict or alcoholic or ex-convict. So, yes, to a point, someone's past would bother me.

floyd4ford

Ford guy
Established Member
I don't think anyone wants to be with someone that's bee with 30, 40 or even 50 people, just like I don't think anyone would particularly want to date a previous drug addict or alcoholic or ex-convict. So, yes, to a point, someone's past would bother me.

Hey now lets not bring Alcohol into this.

jf4boogie

Established Member

DAMN! 3 strikes. Guess I'm out :(

J/K

jf4boogie

Established Member
It doesn't matter about her past or who shes been with, what matters is now and the relationship you hold. You sound like your early in the relationship, but if it does develop and you fall in love you will understand that you must accept the good with the bad. You can't just love someone based on everything good they've done in their lives, you must accept the past and hope that the future holds more. I know this sounds gay, but its true.

Very true. We've all made mistakes, and hopefully have learned from them.

Live for tomorrow, not yesterday...

JasonSnake

Established Member

I see women dating ex-con's all the time. :shrug:

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
When you are with someone, the past can be important. But you have to look at it in the present.....that person is with you NOW. As long as the relationship is monogomous (spell?) and the past stays just there, then all is good. The past is what makes someone who they are NOW....they are who they are and are where they are because of it. Make sense? :)

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
When you are with someone, the past can be important. But you have to look at it in the present.....that person is with you NOW. As long as the relationship is monogomous (spell?) and the past stays just there, then all is good. The past is what makes someone who they are NOW....they are who they are and are where they are because of it. Make sense? :)

well said. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread