Does a shifter make that big of a difference?

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Wondering if its worth buying one. Never drove another cobra with one so i wouldnt know. Please let me know ur opinions. Thanks
Snakie

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
Good question...will the shifter also help with keeping boost between shifts! I hate my 2-3 shift, with the "Lag" stepping on 3rd, it seems like all the boost is dumped out between shifts.

mavado007

Established Member
I heard kurban was a good shifter to use... thats on my list.... anyone here have experience with any shifters?

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by "SNAKIE"
Wondering if its worth buying one. Never drove another cobra with one so i wouldnt know. Please let me know ur opinions. Thanks
Snakie

Yes. Night and day differance.

Do a search on shifters:idea:

It has been discussed many times. :beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
New, just couldn't make that 2-3 shift at all. After installing the Tri-ax shifter only really sloppy shifting can screw up the 2-3 shift. It is noisier that stock, which leads us to the choice of EXHAUST SYSTEMS!

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Anyone tried the hurst for our cars? I saw one for the 03 cobra the other day and have not heard of them in any of the shifter polls or posts.

Hurst and shifter just seem to go together. I might get one and try it out.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
The shifter swap should be your number 1 mod. It makes your driving experience so much more pleasureable. The shifts are more positive and the infamous 3rd gear missed shift is eliminated so you can go all out at the track.

Its also one of the easiest parts to install, usually taking about 15 mins to do. Definately go for it!

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
boot can be used..not so sure about the handle. Just get the triax and adjust to higher setting for handle if you are concerned about handle height.

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
The first time I ran this car at the track I rammed the shifter so hard attempting to go from second to third, my buddies told me that the reverse lights came on. Luckily it did not go into the gear I apparently was pushing it into.

No doubt in my mind a good shifter should be one of the first mods and definitely done before taking it to a track.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
i was curious about this too... everyone that has driven my car in the last 3 days has gone from 2nd to 5th... which isn't good, but I was thinking Pro. 5.0 because I don't want the noise that comes with steeda.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Then do the UPR Clutch Adjuster stuff.
Another big big difference for my car.
JW
Bigtime...the UPR Blu Thunder shifter is a great piece as well :rockon:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Originally posted by Zinc03Cobra
i was curious about this too... everyone that has driven my car in the last 3 days has gone from 2nd to 5th... which isn't good, but I was thinking Pro. 5.0 because I don't want the noise that comes with steeda.

The pro 5.0 is about as loud as the triax imo...

davidmax

Established Member
Got in a sample of Hurst and I run the B&M for the auto C-4 Beast.Kirban and pro 5.0 are great.We will have some Kirbans and possibly Hursts in in 2-3 weeks if you havent made your mind up let me know,as I will torture testing each unit,Dave Smilovic

davidmax

Established Member
Got in a sample of Hurst and I run the B&M for the auto C-4 Beast.Kirban and pro 5.0 are great.We will have some Kirbans and possibly Hursts in in 2-3 weeks if you havent made your mind up let me know,as I will torture testing each unit,Dave Smilovic

Users who are viewing this thread