does anyone know this car ???

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
or it might be a GT with cobra parts on it. has the VIN been checked ?

mlmf6t.gif

Mrojek7

Established Member
Vin has been checked, clean carfax no odometer discrepancies. 18k miles, this place has over 30k of receipts on the car and the body/interior is super clean. Just seems like an “odd build” they would do 20k on the car. Which is pretty cheap for a 18k mile cobra imo. Car definitely has its quirks though.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
23lbs is a bit much on stock fuel system with just 60's and a BAP.

5spd swap is definitely weird, although I don't question him toasting the t56. I broke mine with a spec clutch and a little less power. T56 is garbage when you start putting some real power down, imo.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
honestly I can't recall.. possibly welded in mufflers

There was a hispanic gentlemen that owned a car very similar.

It ran welded in mufflers but ran something like low 10's/high 9's with a Whipple and ALOT of spray. Check the trunk for any drill marks for a bottle.I dont know about the injectors(maybe just a slap in to get it to run?) but i do know the guy blew up the T56 so he might have swapped in something else.

See if one of the previous owners was named Jesus(think his last name started with an H or an R) and lived in Maryland.

Zemedici

Established Member
pass

transmission swap (who grenades a T56?)
Rear end swap
shitload of boost for 93 octane
no mention of a lot of engine mods (intake, MAF, etc) which leads me to believe he bought it to flip

run away. quickly.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
pass

transmission swap (who grenades a T56?)
Rear end swap
shitload of boost for 93 octane
no mention of a lot of engine mods (intake, MAF, etc) which leads me to believe he bought it to flip

run away. quickly.

FORD's watered down T56 had a weak ass input shaft. I broke mine 3 mos after getting the car new on just pulley, tune, tire. I ended up putting in a D&D Viper Spec T56, that ****er could take a beating.

DSCN0025.JPG

Zemedici

Established Member
FORD's watered down T56 had a weak ass input shaft. I broke mine 3 mos after getting the car new on just pulley, tune, tire. I ended up putting in a D&D Viper Spec T56, that ****er could take a beating.

View attachment 1521327

input shafts maybe...but I beat on my car like it owed me money for almost 2 years on a 10 spline, at 600+rwhp. Just don't see someone literally grenading a sturdy transmission without doing some non driving ass ****ery.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
input shafts maybe...but I beat on my car like it owed me money for almost 2 years on a 10 spline, at 600+rwhp. Just don't see someone literally grenading a sturdy transmission without doing some non driving ass ****ery.

input shafts seemed to break with a somewhat regular frequency, not very common, but happened to enough guys. I wished the liberty input shaft upgrade had been out when mine broke, would have been a helluva lot cheaper to do that instead of a viper spec t56.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Tremec 5 speed could be a TKO.

Back in 2004, Tremec beefed up the TKO to a 500ft-lb and 600ft-lb version, which was way more sturdy than the 440ft-lb T56 in the Cobra. Heck, the TKO600 could handle more torque than the Viper T56 at the time.

While today, the Tremec Magnum would be the way to go, back in the mid 2000's, I imagine it was hard to beat the TKO for the price.

Just a guess though. The car does seem legitimate.

Check the tag on the transmission and see if it is a TKO. If it isn't, the owner simply cheaped out.

Last edited:

Mrojek7

Established Member
Not that it matters but It’s still a irs car. Would be nice if someone new a previous owner.. I’ll prbably pass on this one. Was owned last in pa and traded in for a ram. Prior to that it was owned in Virginia.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Not that it matters but It’s still a irs car. Would be nice if someone new a previous owner.. I’ll prbably pass on this one. Was owned last in pa and traded in for a ram. Prior to that it was owned in Virginia.
have you looking in our classifieds section? Maybe theres a car there that you might be interested in?

Mrojek7

Established Member
have you looking in our classifieds section? Maybe theres a car there that you might be interested in?
I have.. I wish there were separated categories for people actually selling their cars, since 75 percent of the cobra market is WTB post. other than that I've had better luck on facebook pages and craigslist.. like most people I'm looking in the low 20k range. 40-60k miles (add ons not extremely important), its a magnet for people that want 25k for there 70-100k cobras..

Users who are viewing this thread