Does this look like the stock blower pulley?

Tygr1

Established Member
Does the upper pulley here look stock to you guys?

20151120_104414_zpssfr7t6gz.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is this the Cobra you said in another thread you were looking at today? How did it go for you?

Tygr1

Established Member
Is this the Cobra you said in another thread you were looking at today? How did it go for you?

No Bob, this is one I'm going to look at on Sunday. The one I looked at the other day was a full on race car, lol.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Was it stored in a barn or in a field? Looks like a 2.93 Lightning pulley or maybe a Steeda pulley.

Tygr1

Established Member
Rich, how did you make out today? Did you check it out?

It is parked OUTSIDE, has multiple paint scratches, aftermarket stereo, bad rear window seal, bald drag radials. Runs good though. Anybody think it's worth $14000? It has 70k on it.

The search goes on.

ctgreddy

Established Member
As long as the body(paint scratches etc) isn't too bad and the engine/drivetrain runs as it should I'd say it's worth 14k. sounds like normal price for an all around good shape car with that miles would be 16k or so. Between a set of tires, full detail, and window seal you'll probably be out 1500 or so and you're still in good shape.

Maybe keep an eye out for more options but I wouldn't be afraid to go on this one. Show us some more pics if you have any it'll also be easier to give you good advice.

Tygr1

Established Member
The scratches are through to the primer. The car needs a paint job. The lowest he'll go is $15k.

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
The scratches are through to the primer. The car needs a paint job. The lowest he'll go is $15k.

If the whole car needs painted it might not be worth it unless you know a buddy that can do it cheap. To paint an entire car and have it look good is going to cost at least $2000. And that may not even touch the cost. Get a paint estimate and price all the things it will take to make the car what you want. Add that to the price of the car and if it costs much more than around $16,000-$17,000 think about passing. Nice cars can be had for $18,000 regularly. Sometimes even with good mods.

For reference I paid 12,500 for mine with 80k miles. It needed some work and when I'm done I'll be in it around $15-$16. That's close to what it's worth. Really I shoulda passed and paid more for a better one. This one had a few hidden problems that cost more than I expected. All in all I'm happy tho. That's all that matters.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I'd probably hold.

I think you'd be better off getting a car that shows at least a little pride of ownership. Scratches can happen to any car but with how dirty it is under the hood, leaks, bald tires....

How's the interior?

Users who are viewing this thread