Don’t bring a bat to a gun fight in Texas

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Plenty of stupid on both sides, probably meth induced. The father and son both walked out with guns, the other guy did not have the bat initially, but his brother brought it out to him at some point. If I were the guy with the bat, would have put it on the deck and backed away, no way you are beating a gun, let alone two guns in this fight.

Yeah the brother was dumb as hell. “Oh crap they got guns. Let me get a bat”. The skins were looking for trouble when they walked out loaded up like that. Now their patience is more than mine letting him threaten them like that. They stayed calm the whole time.

Big orange was 6’5 with a criminal record. If that was my trailer park I would have been carrying concealed just in case. You gotta remember “when seconds count the cops are minutes out” (no offense @TK1299)

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
What will get them is that you cant see him when Young Skin shouldered up and blasted him with that pump. Allegedly Big Orange swung on the old man and Old Skin shot him and he swung again and Yound Skin put that rabid dog down

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
What will get them is that you cant see him when Young Skin shouldered up and blasted him with that pump. Allegedly Big Orange swung on the old man and Old Skin shot him and he swung again and Yound Skin put that rabid dog down
I have only read the comments, but if what Jeff has said is correct, the shooting was a defensive act.

If you swing a bat at me and miss, I'm not letting you try for strike two. I am going for a double tap with an extra to the head. A bat is a deadly weapon that kills more people per year than any firearm.

There were apparently things that escalated this situation. Both parties should have reacted differently. Walking away would have been best.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I have only read the comments, but if what Jeff has said is correct, the shooting was a defensive act.

If you swing a bat at me and miss, I'm not letting you try for strike two. I am going for a double tap with an extra to the head. A bat is a deadly weapon that kills more people per year than any firearm.

There were apparently things that escalated this situation. Both parties should have reacted differently. Walking away would have been best.

That is all Ive gathered from comments and watching the video multiple times.

phillycobra99

Established Member
How can this be self defense with how long the convo/yelling was going on before the shooting? Both of the armed men could have easily walked away.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
How can this be self defense with how long the convo/yelling was going on before the shooting? Both of the armed men could have easily walked away.

Walking away or de-escalating is never an option. Once a disagreement starts you have no choice but to pre-emptively kill the other person for your own safety. Stand your ground bro, this is murica.

_Snake_

Established Member

That's not how it works. Legally, there is no duty to retreat in TX (and many, many other states). Search "stand your ground" or "castle doctrine"

Zemedici

Established Member
Walking away or de-escalating is never an option. Once a disagreement starts you have no choice but to pre-emptively kill the other person for your own safety. Stand your ground bro, this is murica.

That's not how it works. Legally, there is no duty to retreat in TX (and many, many other states). Search "stand your ground" or "castle doctrine"

Schooled.

Lmfao.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

that and I think all of the eye witnesses were big oranges family members

CV355

_
Established Member

If you swing a bat at me and miss, I'm not letting you try for strike two.

While you and I both know that is true, lawyers define "defensive act" as part of an "imminent threat window." Orange dude went to swing, got shot. Defensive act. The millisecond the bat left his hand and he began to fall, that window was closed. All firearm discharges after that were technically not warranted and show a lack of control of the situation (from a legal standpoint). It'd be no different than if a burglar breaks into my house, threatens to kill me, I blast him 30 times, reload, blast him 30 more, and then light him on fire.

It's also interesting how people deconstruct events like this, evaluating every frame and passing hindsight judgement for a situation that passed in the blink of an eye. The internet is going nuts over this one.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
While you and I both know that is true, lawyers define "defensive act" as part of an "imminent threat window." Orange dude went to swing, got shot. Defensive act. The millisecond the bat left his hand and he began to fall, that window was closed. All firearm discharges after that were technically not warranted and show a lack of control of the situation (from a legal standpoint). It'd be no different than if a burglar breaks into my house, threatens to kill me, I blast him 30 times, reload, blast him 30 more, and then light him on fire.

It's also interesting how people deconstruct events like this, evaluating every frame and passing hindsight judgement for a situation that passed in the blink of an eye. The internet is going nuts over this one.
If someone breaks into my home, that could be their fate.

Users who are viewing this thread