Don't Bother with Dan's Polishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcthorne

Established Member
I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Have no idea how any self respecting plating shop could send out product like this since the business runs almost entirely on word of mouth.....

5036985233_c2c40cb03a_b.jpg

5037604600_84d25a99be_b.jpg

Last edited:

CPRsm

Well at least the chrome is shiny, where it's not pitted. :nonono:
I 2nd pwhip. Do they know yet ?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
A can of chrome spray paint would have come out better.

jcthorne

Established Member
Took Dan's 2 months to do the job this bad. I am not wasting more time and money sending the parts back to them. I have a local plating shop (Airline Platers) that I have used for 20 years and will have them redo the work, polish the rough areas and rechrome. Should be done in a week.

Dan's knows what they sent. This is custom work, not one part in a set of 100 that slipped through QC. They did shoddy work, asked for payment on trust and sent the part. What's done is done. Just letting others know there are plating shops that actually need the work. Dan's in Adamsville TN obviously does not.

TexasShelby

Established Member
That is terrible JC...sorry you had that happen.
Dan's should have made it right or returned your money with the part with an apology saying the could not make it the quality it needed to be.

Dan's is definitely on my no buy list.

Have you posted on another forum as well? I'm sure they would like to know.

JoeRacer

Established Member
That's terrible. I hate seeing stuff like this. I can't fathom why companies think they can get away with this type of stuff in this day and age. Like you said it is a word of mouth business, and the internet has a lot of ears (eyes?) for people who have bad experiences to share. Thanks for letting all of us know to stay away from this place!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Like a train wreck, I would love to see how they respond to this. I'd love to see the excuses that they have for allowing something like that to leave their posession.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
man that sucks, bad im glad you let the rest of us know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread