Dont buy wheel replicas 03 cobra rims :(

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
I bought these on ebay, brand frekking new in the boxes...

When they arrived, "made in china' littered the outside of the boxes, i swore they must be wrong.. but whatever, as all things made in china=junk at best... i looked them over, looked fine visually, clean, shiny etc.

I got 2 17x9s and 2 17x10.5s... only going to use the 10.5s and will sell the 17x9s still in the boxes.

Got the 315/35/17 mickey thompsons put on them, balanced installed on car.

That was a little over two weeks ago. Today was the first day to wash the car, with about 150 miles on it now with these wheels, spray the wheels down with mcguiars all wheel cleaner... suddenly i notice theyre hazing up. So i wipe it with my hand, realize something isnt right, so i wash them off. Haze is still there!

I get the chrome mcguiars cleaner out, these ARE supposed to be Chrome 03 cobra wheels... and spray a little area... makes the haze worse :/

Since i JUST bought these cleaners.. i try some on the front stock chrome factory ford 04 cobra chrome wheels, cleans em up, works fine!

Im going to take a shot here and say that these wheels are not chrome at all. Theyre polished bare aluminum or steel b/c theyre darned heavy mofos.. My 18" centerline forged 14lb wheels for my pontiac grand prix are sensitive to cleaners so i have "blue magic" stuff for them, but at least they tell you what to use on them and what type of polish is on the wheels.

These made in china junk are going back. Im pissed after i just got lugs, spacers and the tires put on all costing money and now the back two wheels look like a$$ going down the road :(

Here is the link to the auction.... $499 was too cheap i guess:/
SVT 03 Mustang ® Cobra Wheels 17x9 & 17x10.5, 17 inch: eBay Motors (item 290430684125 end time May-03-10 15:58:14 PDT)

And the damn SVT caps dont fit either, they kinda hang out and dont sit flush at all, looks like crap too for a car the g/f takes to car shows but i could deal with that for tradeoff of the wider tires.

I guess its my own fault, these junkers auction says "use only mild soap", polished OE wheels, well sorry, but the OE wheels are NOT just polished china junk. Im not even sure if someone on svtperformance will buy these crap wheels now, even the two brand new ones in the boxes. I looked at too many websites and auctions to realize these were not the same as factory ones.

I dont know what they weigh, but they nearly feel as heavy for JUST the rim as the old nitto 275/40/zr17s with the stock 17x9s mounted :cuss:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Am I missing something?

Nowhere in the description does it say that they are chrome.

It says right in the ad:

FINISH AND CARE: These wheels have a polished finish. OE centercaps will fit perfectly in these. Use only mild soap and water to keep clean, sometimes aftermarket cleaners may be used to clean polished wheels.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Says right in the ad that they have a polished finish.

Stephen4036

Established Member
Lol owned!

btw I have wheel replica hyper black saleens.. 18x9's and they look JUST AS SEXY as the day I bought them..

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
chrome and polished are totally different

It says in the listing they are polished...

this. they were selling just the rears at one point. i looked at them and was considering buy them until i read the entire listing and saw that they were polished and not chrome.

TrevorR90

Banned
When I was looking to buy replicas I looked at this auction, saw that it said polished finish and I looked else where. I can't deal with polished wheels..

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I can not believe you are bitching that they are not chrome wheels when the description clearly states polished, not chrome.

I hope you did not give the seller a bad review / negative feedback due to your lack of reading skills.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
If all you needed was the rear 10.5's in chrome you should have ordered them from American Muscle. Free shipping and you would have had them in 1 day via UPS ground. oops...............

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
my 10.5 rears from american muscle look awesome and the center caps fit perfect. sorry for your bad luck bro.....

IMG_0203.jpg

jm35ny

Established Member
Still $499 for 4 wheels is a deal, i think they look good. They just need alittle more cleaning and polishing to keep them looking good

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
dam that sucks !! mang :(

If all you needed was the rear 10.5's in chrome you should have ordered them from American Muscle. Free shipping and you would have had them in 1 day via UPS ground. oops...............
x2 i hate buying off of ebay for stuff like the O.P.`s post cause i been burned in a diffrent way & only buy from vendors or individuals on here or a couple other forum members now

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
dam that sucks !! mang :(

x2 i hate buying off of ebay for stuff like the O.P.`s post cause i been burned in a diffrent way & only buy from vendors or individuals on here or a couple other forum members now

he hid not get burned he did not read the listing carefully it says polished 499 for 4 wheels who can complain:shrug:
wheel replicas is good quality IMO i got the black fr500 from american muscle

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
yah theyre obviously polished... ive actually bought my saleen replicas from this seller as well... his location is really close by my house so i went to look at the rims b4 i bought them... im satisfied with them! :)

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
Am I missing something?

Nowhere in the description does it say that they are chrome.

It says right in the ad:

FINISH AND CARE: These wheels have a polished finish. OE centercaps will fit perfectly in these. Use only mild soap and water to keep clean, sometimes aftermarket cleaners may be used to clean polished wheels.

No it doesnt, most do though. So this auction does not say chrome, but says OE and they look chrome. What is a OE cobra "chrome" wheel then? they obviously are NOT OE if they look this way after one wash and the factory wheels up front are perfect. polished raw aluminum or steel isnt OE.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
When I was looking to buy replicas I looked at this auction, saw that it said polished finish and I looked else where. I can't deal with polished wheels..

Yeah theyre never going to match the front wheels, since your going to have to run polish "blue magic" stuff over them every darn week, even if the car never sees rain, brake dust, water spots, god everything looks horrible on them without a 2hr rimjob :bash:

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member

I originally had em on order from Lethal performance, they suddenly were backordered 30 days +, lookd at 3 other companies, all out, so resorted to crap ebay stuff. Looked at over a dozen auctions and ended up with this crap, YOUR right, i did not read the entire auction, so sue me. I bought shiat wheels and am bitching about it, why don't i not have the right to complain?

Im not stating that they said all over the auction chrome, i said they lead you to believe they are "factory chrome OE cobra" wheels when they are not, they are chinese imported heavy mofo knockoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread