Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OK, new ideas around my house that we talked about. My wife doesn't want me to sell the 03. I'm going to retire in June, or first of the year. We've known this for a while. Need to redo the pool area, that's a given. Anyways, keeping the Cobra, selling my 18 150, her 04 Escape and maybe grabbing a Maverick or similar. We'll only need 1 vehicle and I won't need a full size then. I can get real wheels and tires for the Cobra as a trade off. Hey, @TORQUERULES , still like yours, any regrets?
That's great that you're going to retire this year, Brad. Being independent with your time will be awesome. I wish I could retire, but the extra income is a must due to some big hits to our retirement portfolio, most of which happened in 2009ish. But I'm fortunate to have flexible time and I now don't work on Mondays and Fridays. I personally like the Maverick. It's a great platform for lighter duty hauling and looks nice IMO.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I wish I could retire, but the extra income is a must due to some big hits to our retirement portfolio, most of which happened in 2009ish.
Thanks Bob. Yeah, 08 and 09 were killers. I've been lucky to make pretty damn good money and invest a ton of it, and it's worked out. No mortgage or payments besides the normal stuff. I'm basically just waiting for the medicare to save on the damned over priced health insurance. Just need to get a few more things done around the house and the vehicle deal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brad, if you're going with a Medicare Supplemental plan, take a look at Aetna. Ours is excellent and the annual premium is only $828 ($69 a month). You're probably already looking into this, or have done it.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
What engine do you have? I see a bunch of hybrids along with turbo 4's at our local dealer. Prices aren't terrible. I'd probably do the Lariat trim level seeing this would be our main vehicle. I haven't researched them much yet.
I would not be caught dead in a hybrid. It is the Ecoboost 2.0. I have a co-worker with a hybrid and he likes it, but it is also his first new vehicle in years and he is not an automotive enthusiast.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Brad, if you're going with a Medicare Supplemental plan, take a look at Aetna. Ours is excellent and the annual premium is only $828 ($69 a month). You're probably already looking into this, or have done it.
Thanks, have a customer that's become a friend who's going to help advise, as that's what he does. Is that for both of you? Are you pulling SS yet Bob?
I would not be caught dead in a hybrid. It is the Ecoboost 2.0. I have a co-worker with a hybrid and he likes it, but it is also his first new vehicle in years and he is not an automotive enthusiast.
Me either, I thought you had the EB. Just starting to research them a little. What trim level did you get?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks, have a customer that's become a friend who's going to help advise, as that's what he does. Is that for both of you? Are you pulling SS yet Bob?

Me either, I thought you had the EB. Just starting to research them a little. What trim level did you get?
Yeah, Brad, that premium is for us both. We are both getting Social Security payments. Started that 9-10 years ago.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah, Brad, that premium is for us both. We are both getting Social Security payments. Started that 9-10 years ago.
Thanks for that, reasonable IMO. Even if I retire in June vs the end of the year, I'll still wait to pull my SS. I'll still be getting commissions even if I'm not here and will be making too much and get my ass taxed to death. Plus, it'll go up a little more.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Hahaha, I don’t have a leg to stand on (pun intended). However you’ve worked so hard to build that car into what YOU wanted it to be. If you were to sell it you’d have to pray someone else also had the same vision or interest in all the suspension, etc. These days it’s tough to find people who don’t think basic bolt ons ruin cars.
Oh I have 100% ruined a 1 of 23 car.

I do not think there are many people who appreciate the direction and result of this car. It's the major catalyst for why I often choose not to sell.

Also way to burn yourself haha

LS WUT

Established Member
Oh I have 100% ruined a 1 of 23 car.

I do not think there are many people who appreciate the direction and result of this car. It's the major catalyst for why I often choose not to sell.

Also way to burn yourself haha
Yeah man I agree it’s ruined *cough cough* I guess I’ll just take it offer your hands and “try” and restore her. :D

Users who are viewing this thread