Dont let this part destroy your coyote engine!! The problem and the fix >>>>

olaosunt

Established Member
how did the crank break on your aluminator? you had aftermarket cams?
yeah,long story.I have a thread I started after it happened if you want the details.
I did swap out the cams for the ford racing exhaust cams with the longer duration.
I am quite mechanically challenged so pardon me if this would have had nothing to do with the crank breaking.lol

olaosunt

Established Member
Thank you for your order! In regards to your engine this item is not installed, they are available to the public starting next week and will be an option on all MMR shortblocks and longblocks thereafter, let us know if you would like to order one, our sales dept is taking orders for them now (we have 47 pre orders thus far)
Thanks Mark(if that is Mark)
My Ford tech has still not got around to putting the other stuff back on the long block-waiting for various gaskets he ordered.May be a blessing after all.
Could this have saved my old engine?.I will look at the pictures of the broken crank again but I think that part was still intact.
Can this be easily installed on the crank?
Definitely want to take whatever precautions i can to prevent another catastrophe.
I will be calling on monday

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks Mark(if that is Mark)
My Ford tech has still not got around to putting the other stuff back on the long block-waiting for various gaskets he ordered.May be a blessing after all.
Could this have saved my old engine?.I will look at the pictures of the broken crank again but I think that part was still intact.
Can this be easily installed on the crank?
Definitely want to take whatever precautions i can to prevent another catastrophe.
I will be calling on monday

This was not likely the cause of your failure, one way to tell would be to see if the old gear was cracked if you still have it.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Great part and I ordered it for my recent build but now I have a shortblock and my new gears I was told would ship last week , and now I'm being told is gonna be another 2 weeks!!!! WTF ???

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are really sorry about that! The heat treating company has been backed up and our job is in line but with many other companies in front, the estimates we gave to our customers such as yourself were what the heat treat company told us, the problem with heat treating is it takes time and cannot be rushed to get other jobs done sooner. Again, we apologize and are hoping to have them available and shipping soon, they are certainly worth the wait, if you cannot wait we are happy to give a full refund.

Last edited:

KPatrone

Established Member
Looks like I may need to add this and a balancer to the order I made on cyber monday for my short block...

Users who are viewing this thread