Dont We get free car washes?

Darksyde024

Established Member
I thought in my Manual it said for being the owner of a Ford SVT vehical you can get free car washes from the dealer?

i called them and they said you get a free car wash with any service? but any car gets that..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is up to the dealer. If they want to give free car washes to everyone that is there prerogative.

Last edited:

greyrob

The Grey Stang
Established Member
they wash mine everytime - and might i say they do a good job - i believe
these boys think its theirs - which is ok by me

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Do you want teenage kids with dirty towels and little experience washing your car with whatever soaps they have handy? I always tell the dealer NOT to wash my car if I bring it there.

greyrob-the one time the dealer forgot and washed mine, I had soap residue all over the car. I could barely see through the windows.

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
flyn high again said:
Do you want teenage kids with dirty towels and little experience washing your car with whatever soaps they have handy? I always tell the dealer NOT to wash my car if I bring it there.

greyrob-the one time the dealer forgot and washed mine, I had soap residue all over the car. I could barely see through the windows.

yeah all it takes is to wash and wax your car once and you'll never let anyone touch it again. just about any other car and i'd let em wash it though..

mystic04

Established Member
My first time at the dealer they washed it but DIDN"T bother to DRY. i cam back to pickup the car and it's all wet i am like ah ok they washed it but no Drying !!!! last time for that action for me. i spend too much time poslishing it and waxing to let them ruin all my hard work.

greyrob

The Grey Stang
Established Member
i baby my car too - they use nothing but plain water (i said everytime) me 03 cobra has only been in the shop 3 times since i bought her - just knock the dust off and the
workers hand print please

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
My dealer started laughing when I mentioned the "free car wash". But, then again, this is the dealer that wanted to wipe down the instrument cluster plastic with Orange-Glo and a dirty rag during delivery prep. Luckily I was there to stop that insanity. My car has never seen anything other than hand washing by me.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The guys at my dealership know that I am OCD with cars, and when I ordered my 04 and it arrived, they didn't touch it. All of the factory items (tags,etc) were still on the car, and I took it home to wash and wax it. But it still had swirls on it from the dealership they brought it in from. I guess they decided to give it a wash. :shrug:

FordFreak

Established Member
All SVT cars get a FREE wash, FREE vacuum, and FREE rental up to $25.00/day with EVERY service. If you want those things and they aren’t getting done then call Ford customer service and tell them whats going on. The dealer will then get a nasty letter and they will change their ways real quick!

I never really take the wash because I am afraid they will screw up the paint, but I always take the vacuum.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
at my dealership if the day is nice they will run it through the car wash. It leaves all kinds of dirt on the car.... :cryying: :cuss: :bash:

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
I tell them to vacuum, but not to wash. So far they've always followed my instructions. No problems getting the rental either. They've always been good to me.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Another man(or woman for that matter) washing my car would be like them cracking my girl. I just wouldn't stand for that.

Slow

Orange Poison

Established Member
I don't let the dealer to ANY kind of cleaning on my car. This way when you tell them....they're more apt to be careful in not getting it dirty, greasy, etc. in the first place.

I forgot one time, and they put minor scratches and swirls all in my paint :cuss: :fm:

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Slow04Cobra said:
Another man(or woman for that matter) washing my car would be like them cracking my girl. I just wouldn't stand for that.

Slow

"cracking my girl" ??

Is this some form of new street lingo? :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some dealers will do it while others don't. Mine did it once I think. Then I asked them not to do it again. Like someone said above I wouldn't want just anyone rubbing dirt into my paint (with a dirty sponge) or drying it with towels that feel like burlap. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread