DRIVE: 2013 Shelby GT500 Video Review

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I hope you are right about the seats. If he seats suck as back in this new GT500 as they did in my '11 5.0 I'm going to find a set of the '08 Shelby GT seats and put them in the car!

Well the ones in the video are recaros - different from regular mustang seats

Here is mine from a similar camera angle- and mine are cranked all the way down- I'm 6' tall and have no issue with the height of the seat or where the steering wheel is.

aefea37a-1a98-7dd8.jpg

My 1st thought seeing him in the car was "that seat needs to be adjusted" and then he mentioned the awkward position.

If you ordered the recaros you'll be happy.

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
I really liked the video - thanks for posting it. Chris is a humorous guy - had me laughing a couple of times.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I did not know the GS had the MRC! I actually know someone with the GS. I'll bother him for a ride :D. Either way, I still like the lightness of a SRA. Just want to see what this MRC is all about.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Where was the 1/4 mile drag race test? :shrug: Afterall, these are musclecars. :-D

reason4treason

Established Member
I want a GT500 so bad the more I watch these videos. But I am not gonna lie, I really want to track a ZL1 someday (cooling upgraded) to feel what these people are saying about the magnetic IRS. Chris said its not that sophisticated? Doesn't make sense to me, didn't Fararri buy this technology from GM? It's gotta be hella good ride. Kudos to GM for pulling this off. But I'm not trying to feel sluggish around te track.

PS: anyone want to donate to my GT500 fund? :p

Maybe this woman could offer you some fund acquisition tips.

Woman Decides to Sell Her Soul on eBay - Local News - San ...
Whether the auction will be allowed to go on and how exactly Lori N. promises to deliver her soul were not clear ... A New Mexico woman is offering her soul to the highest ...
Woman Decides to Sell Her Soul on eBay - Local News - San Francisco Bay Area, CA - San Francisco, CA - msnbc.com... - Cached

Bob Cosby

Established Member
The F55 Magnetic Selective Ride Control is a $1695 option on the Corvette GS (2011-2013).

The Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension features magneto-rheological dampers able to detect road surfaces, then adjust the shock absorber damping rates to those surfaces almost instantly for optimal ride control. It adjusts damping by means of electromagnetic particles in the shock fluid, with ride control achieved through the precise application of electronic current to manipulate the fluids consistency. Two settings are available: "Tour" and "Sport," which allows you to stiffen suspension capability for better cornering precision during track events.

Includes Performance Traction Management.
Includes 19" front and 20" rear Black cup style lightweight wheels and Michelin® PS2™ tires. Machined-face cup wheels are available. Required with available Z07 Ultimate Performance Package.

Source: 2013 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport Coupe | Sports Car | Chevrolet

Users who are viewing this thread