DRIVE: 2013 Shelby GT500 Video Review

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
Chris Harris from DRIVE tests the ZL1 and the GT500. Pretty interesting un-biased review. Enjoy!

Before watching, please keep in mind that Chris is a European journalist from the UK and is using Euro conversions (IE, BHP instead of SAE horsepower numbers and British Pounds instead of USD pricing)

[youtube_browser]IrhW6W7eZDI[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I heard a lot of misinformation on both cars but it seemed like a pretty good review. Not sure about the seats in the GT500 though. It looked like he could have adjusted it more or the steering wheel.

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
I heard a lot of misinformation on both cars but it seemed like a pretty good review. Not sure about the seats in the GT500 though. It looked like he could have adjusted it more or the steering wheel.

Yeah, this was a good real-world review but I agree it seemed like he could've readjusted the seat but chose not to. I was also confused on his price comparison with the 325i....or maybe he was mistaken.

good review nonetheless!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
This guy gets it

Loves the fact that it's a raw car to drive. Which is exactly what I want when owning a muscle car, raw obnoxious and "extraordinary fast"

Bravo

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

They measure horsepower differently across the pond. I picked up on that too.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
He also is comparing the 325 pricing because of the conversion between pounds and the us dollar.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Yeah, this was a good real-world review but I agree it seemed like he could've readjusted the seat but chose not to. I was also confused on his price comparison with the 325i....or maybe he was mistaken.

good review nonetheless!

I think he's doing some half-assed conversions in his head. Cause 65,000 is roughly 41,xxx British Pounds

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
I think he's doing some half-assed conversions in his head. Cause 65,000 is roughly 41,xxx British Pounds

I believe he was referring to the base price of the shelby and zl1 compared to the base price of a Euro-spec 3-series (correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case, the conversion rate is $54,995.00 USD to $35,259 British Pounds.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
That's the second person to say the ride position is too high, are the Recaros adjustable height wise?

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Good review actually, it's what I expected. I thought the same thing about the seat being high. Didn't look right at all

O'Neill

Established Member
And again, he appears to be having more fun in the GT500, just as Pobst did at Laguna Seca.

Kewlv8

Established Member
And again, he appears to be having more fun in the GT500, just as Pobst did at Laguna Seca.

Yes, The fun factor of the Shelby is what matters most once you get your head out of the magazines and spend some time behind the wheel. He seemed to enjoy the Shelby on the track. With the ZL1 he was more ho-hum, like driving to church.

On the ZL1:
“Motor is great, but doesn’t feel like 580HP.”
“It [ZL1] is pretty good”

On the GT500:
"What an engine. So much more powerful than the Camaro."
"it's extraordinary, absolutely extraordinary."
"This thing [GT500] is so much fun".

bout sums it up.

Users who are viewing this thread