Driveline clunk

Ddawg18

Established Member
I searched for a remedy and haven't found a straight answer. When switching gears, or taking off or giving gas llightly the annoying clunk is there. I am 3 weeks into ownership of the car and this is the only thing that annoys me. I am all stock under the car so any helpful tip would be appreciated :beer:

sxecobra

Established Member
I only clunk wen I let off the gas in 5th n 6th gear.... ull get use to it.. turn ur radio up lol... or if u got the coin... ftbrbk !!

Ddawg18

Established Member
I was planning on the boogie kit anyway, so now it is a priority. Thanks guys

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Yea the boogie kit will get that fixed up right away. It comes with bigger bolts for the IRS front mounts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There was a time when this driveline clunk was something you pretty much had to live with. But now with FTBR's kits you can pretty much eliminate it. Here is some of their info specific to the clunk issue. FTBR FAQ's - Clunk Issue Fix

Last edited:

Back-N-Black

Established Member
I only clunk wen I let off the gas in 5th n 6th gear.... ull get use to it.. turn ur radio up lol... or if u got the coin... ftbrbk !!

You have never gotten off a hard acceleration, abruptly, in 1st or 2nd, without using the clutch? It is scary! Done it a couple times I think. Stupid driving in a rental car, I think, that I mistakenly have done in my Terminator. If I had someone around, when I did this, I would have them kick me in the head.

I drive so many different cars. This car you really have to drive with focus in, more than one respect.

Users who are viewing this thread