Driveline/ Subframe connectors/ Suspension upgrades

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ Thanks for linking the videos. Measuring and shimming (if required) doesn't appear too bad when presented that way.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ Thanks for linking the videos. Measuring and shimming (if required) doesn't appear too bad when presented that way.
No problem man! I actually watched many of there video's before sealing the deal to go with there product. I believe Mantic even has shims in the kit if needed.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
A couple of well packaged parts showed up at my home also...

Custom Moser M88 [some assembly required (axles)]
Moser M88 Rear Axle.jpg

DSS Carbon Fiber drive shaft with direct fit CV (2007-12)
DSS Carbon Fiber.jpg

Waiting for all new hardware to arrive for installation.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
A couple of well packaged parts showed up at my home also...

Custom Moser M88 [some assembly required (axles)]
View attachment 1820115

DSS Carbon Fiber drive shaft with direct fit CV (2007-12)
View attachment 1820119

Waiting for all new hardware to arrive for installation.
Hey Man. Congrats @SCGallo2 on getting your parts ! Looks sweet.......like the gloss on the rearend! Whats the carbon fiber driveshaft rated at.....HP? I was gonna ask when your parts were suppose to arrive. The rearend build was quick! Besides the axles and obvious rear brakes any other assemble required? That rearend definitely looks beefier.......(y)

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Man. Congrats @SCGallo2 on getting your parts ! Looks sweet.......like the gloss on the rearend! Whats the carbon fiber driveshaft rated at.....HP? I was gonna ask when your parts were suppose to arrive. The rearend build was quick! Besides the axles and obvious rear brakes any other assemble required? That rearend definitely looks beefier.......(y)

Thanks! The semi-gloss black powdercoat application does look great! The axle tubes are welded and thicker, and it has some additional bracing. The DSS CF driveshaft is rated at 1000+ horsepower. I wanted it for the looks and drivetrain NVH dampening. I am going to remove the dampener that the 2007-09 have on the transmission output shaft flange (6 lbs. weight reduction), and I also have two axle weights mounted on my rear OEM axle that will not be going on my new M88. Axles and seals, rear brakes, and an axle vent should be all one has to install. I opted for a Moser Performance differential cover, and after taking some measurements, it may interfere with my panhard bar. I may have to install my low-profile Ford Racing girdle, which is not a problem, but was not the original plan; it is something to consider. The differential and ring & pinion are fully assembled. My rearend came with a heavy duty upper spherical bushing, which I may be replacing with poly or a 2013-14 OEM rubber bushing... I am undecided at this point.

Ford Racing Cover.jpg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! The semi-gloss black powdercoat application does look great! The axle tubes are welded and thicker, and it has some additional bracing. The DSS CF driveshaft is rated at 1000+ horsepower. I wanted it for the looks and drivetrain NVH dampening. I am going to remove the dampener that the 2007-09 have on the transmission output shaft flange (6 lbs. weight reduction), and I also have two axle weights mounted on my rear OEM axle that will not be going on my new M88. Axles, rear brakes, and an axle vent should be all one has to install. I opted for a Moser Performance differential cover, and after taking some measurements, it may interfere with my panhard bar. I may have to install my low-profile Ford Racing girdle, which is not a problem, but was not the original plan; it is something to consider. The differential and ring & pinion are fully assembled. My rearend came with a heavy duty upper spherical bushing, which I may be replacing with poly or a 2013-14 OEM rubber bushing... I am undecided at this point.

View attachment 1820121
Ford Racing diff looks cool too. Im probably going to run into a issue with the watts link myself. I'll make a decision on that when I know exactly what im up against. Hope all assembles and goes in for ya w/no issues. Gonna really look good when its installed, thats for sure. Good luck with the install!!

Users who are viewing this thread