Dropped the Car off Today

bposner

No Rain, no Rainbows
Established Member
Redfire Vert 03 said:
I got mine back in 10 days and everything seems fine now. also under warranty! :rockon:
I have at least another full week to wait. This dealer only has one Certified Cobra Engine guy, and he's on vacation this week. I talked to him last week and he said he would try to get it done before he left. I told him, don't rush it, guess he took me for my word LOL. Basically the head needs to be torqued down, and engine reinstalled. Tranny is out too. Funny thing, I've removed and helped remove a lot of engines in my day and first thing I do is take off the hood. This guy got the engine out, hood is still on, even with that hood prop rod.

P_RsSVT

Established Member
On week 3. Just called the dealer and they said it should be ready today by 3:30PM. I did go by friday to take a look at it, and the engine was halfway out of the vehicle and all apart. I hope they put it back together properly. Sad thing is I dont think that the guy who is working on it is a SVT mechanic. I sure didnt offer them to take their time. I actually told them that I needed it for the weekend. Of course it didnt work. We'll see.....

bposner

No Rain, no Rainbows
Established Member
Redfire Vert 03 said:
Updates????

I haven't been here for awhile, so I'll update this if any one interested. First of all to cut to the end, the car is mechanically perfect in every way, daily driver and have had no problems since I received it back.

It was a comedy of errors though. Seems they put the whole thing back together and had the timeing off 180 degrees, and this caused the car not idle correctly AND the computer was telling them the Right side was messed up. So they took the engine out again, this time taking off the right head, but now that this was out, and (making this short) since they can't reuse the head bolts that had order them. At the very end, I called to see if car was ready and they told me, well it's ready, but it's in the body shop :dw: ??
I'm thinking, ok they took it for a test drive and wrapped it around a tree or something. But, seems when they were filling the coolant they spilled some on the front bumper and were repainting it. Yeah, ok, whatever. During this whole process they ruined the hood pad, with stains and rips (guess taking the engine out from the top with the hood on is the best way) and I'm still waiting for the part.
Good news, as I said car runs great, added the performance Predator tune an have MECA 2.8 pulley and 100mm tensioner, and new belt in trunk, which I'll get around to installing. Also put a K&N FIPK on it too.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm glad to hear you got your car back and are happy. I got mine back after 50 days and it had a small oil leak. They fixed it, no biggie. My car is still stock except for a Steg and CB. There are many boxes of parts on my bench ready to go on but I'm nervous about installing them. The mod bug has been bugging me bad lately. We'll see....

bposner

No Rain, no Rainbows
Established Member
Senkak said:
I'm glad to hear you got your car back and are happy. I got mine back after 50 days and it had a small oil leak. They fixed it, no biggie. My car is still stock except for a Steg and CB. There are many boxes of parts on my bench ready to go on but I'm nervous about installing them. The mod bug has been bugging me bad lately. We'll see....

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I'm taking it in to do the recall pedal thing, next week then I'll add the parts after the pulley puller comes in.

TEABG

Banned
Senkak said:
My car has been at Ford for 40 days as of today. The head was replaced but that was not the problem. The knock is apparently in the block. I should get a new motor from Ford under warranty. I hope to get the car back this month. It's been there since 11-30.

Just to clarify the date since your car has been at ther dealer. 11/30/05 ? JEEZ I am really sorry, well the bright side is that you are keeping the miles off of the Cobra and giving the rental abuse. :thumbsup:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
TEABG said:
Just to clarify the date since your car has been at ther dealer. 11/30/05 ? JEEZ I am really sorry, well the bright side is that you are keeping the miles off of the Cobra and giving the rental abuse. :thumbsup:

I actually got the car back in latter part of January. 50 days after I initially dropped it off.
You right though, since Nov of last year I have put less than 300 miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread