<drum roll> Pics of that S10 I may be trading for:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member

Originally posted by fryingricecobra
Theres no way I'd make that trade.

Look at it this way.

If its such a good truck, with such a good engine, why would they be wanting to trade it off.

It seems (by their other projects) they like speed. Why trade for something that has less HP? Not saying they are trying to rip you....

I would definitely KEEP THE STANG!!

You misunderstand the situation. One day I stopped by his house (we've been friends since high school). I told him I might sale my car, and he was like, "No, you gotta keep the 'Stang!" I was like, I'm not sure. I asked him if they were going to sale the truck, and said they had thought about it. He said they were asking $7,500 for their truck, which is basically the same amount I am/was wanting for mine. I asked him if he wanted to trade (he's been looking for a notchback, or as he calls it, a "box" Mustang for a while) so he said he'd be interested. I went and talked to them again yesterday and the dad said he'll think about it and call me back in about 1 or 2 weeks. I've liked he truck since I was 17, but I never could afford it. I don't think I'm going to be able to keep either of the vehicles, and I'm not planning on dumping a lot of money in either one, so I just want something that is nice already so I don't have to spend more $$ especially right now. Probably the only thing I'll do to the truck (if we do trade) is put in a 4 link suspension ($1200+) and put in a Ford 9" rear end later on. If I keep it until the engine gets "tired" (which will be a good while) I'll just put another 327 or 383 in it. I'm glad many of you have offered your opinions, and I have considered everyone. My friend is no concentrating on his Chevy Extreme and his VW Bug, and his dad spends all his money on his Nova, so this is just a hobby that they finished up for now (they had more plans for it later though). I know the guy who built the truck (before the paint job, and other detailing) and he does excellent work. You should see some of the stuff he's done (he took a SN95 GT and converted the engine into a DOHC engine at his house, he has a 65 Mustang at his house w/ a 302 and a 5 speed w/ an estimated 400hp, and he also works on "Bugs" and other cars like that. I'll continue to keep everyone updated. I like the truck, and I'd probably (hopefully) not spend any money on it for a while (due to school). They said the truck is very dependable, however it doesn't get good gas mileage (which I knew already). It isn't too hard to find a v8 Mustang coupe around where I live, I see them in papers and lots quite often. Some nice, some not. This S10 is rather rare. The only other S10s around here are "bagged" (a.k.a.-lowered TOO much :nonono: ) or just riced out. This one is different. It looks nice and it can lay a "smack down" when necessary (some pre-03 Cobras have found this out first hand, but he hasn't raced an 03 yet). Thanks again for the replies. Either way, I'll still stay on svtperformance.com if I get the truck because honestly most of the other S10 sites are rather slow and boring (one I haven't tried yet b/c you have to pay $5 to join :bash: , but people say it is the best S10 site, so maye I will cough up the $5 just to see :shrug: )

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Re: .

Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Thanks Spritle.

How about I just trade my car for your car and we can all be happy then :lol1:

You don't want my car as a daily driver, trust me. ;-)

he's been looking for a notchback, or as he calls it, a "box" Mustang for a while

Okay, anyone who calls it a "box" Mustang doesn't deserve it. :nonono: (just kidding)

For the $1200 you were looking to spend on the rear end of the S10, I can hook you up with a set of Dart Jr's, f-cam and a small shot nitrous and your car would go easy low 12's (a combo I've run before).

Last edited:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I have hyperutectic pistons, so nitrous doesn't mix well w/ my internals ;-) I know, it's all in the tune, but sure as anything I'd mess something up, or blow the welds off my intake <Vin Diesel> :lol: :lol:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Also, I've been looking at Jeggs and Summit's catalog, and it seems all of the Chevy parts are a lot, lot cheaper (compare the two Holly Systemax kits for example). I like Fords, but I also like this Chevy truck, a lot :) The next time I talk to the owner of the truck, I'm going to see if I can find out what kind of compression it has, and see what the internals of the engine consist of :idea:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Just my opinion but I would keep the Notch. I dont have anything against the truck but clean early 90s notch backs are getting harder to find all the time.But hey do what you think is best after all the bottom line is its your car.

Ripper

Established Member
I looked on Autotrader and Mustang trader for a couple months and could never find one in the Cincy area... Ended up getting a 4cyl notch ! :( In 10 years the notch is going to be worth alot more also most likely ! But the ultimate descision is yours !

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
That's what you have been wanting to trade your notch for??? :nonono:

:dw:
Yes, that is :bored:

Perhpas you should look at that second pic again, 'cause that's all you'd see if you tried to run w/ the truck :p

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Please don't...

*keys dueling fiddle tune*

On the other, do what you think will truly make you happy. Though the grass is rarely greener on the otherside, that is lesson I have painfully learned over and over again when it comes to cars :shrug:

Last edited:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............

........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
:dw:
Yes, that is :bored:

Perhpas you should look at that second pic again, 'cause that's all you'd see if you tried to run w/ the truck :p

Well we obviously haven't nicely put this yet, so here goes:

You own a nice Mustang. You are going to get rid of it, for an S10 small truck, with a nice motor. Now Mr. NeedaCobra (change your name to needasmackupsideyahead), we at SVTPerformance think this is a really stupid idea. We have suggested to save the money you will be spending on that thing, and investing it into your Mustang. But your intentions are clear, so this is futile in the end.

Keep your Mustang. Seriously. Don't be swayed by the pretty motor the S10 has: you have a great motor as well, with a GREAT aftermarket (Great aftermarket=the best in automotive industry).

You are going to give up a great aftermarket for a Frankenstein of a vehicle. Think about that. If you are striving to be unique, well this will do it as you are the only person I know on this site that would so willfully trade their Mustang for a POS S10.

With that said, S10s are still one of the top 15 ugliest vehicles on the used car road, your notch Mustang is one of the top 15 nicest looking vehicles on the used car road.

PS Don't trade your Mustang, you fool.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I'm not sure if I'm going to listen. Every one has their different tastes in vehicles, and I've always liked the S10s as long as they're taken care of. We'll see ;-)

a 92 lx

Established Member
Ask a bank to loan you for the S10, see how much they give you. Don't trade for the truck, but that doesn't mean you can't have it. Don't let the notch go to some undeserving chevy owners. Let them buy a two tone GT with turdbines, a red interior, and holes cut in the back bumper for the 3.5 inch pep boy tail pipes. Sounds more their style huh? C'mon, don't you have any Ford friends that are stopping you from doing this. ::bangs head on keyboard:: sdghug;hoigsdfhoiyer98tye87*&(*&(*&98ty6

Ripper

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
Well we obviously haven't nicely put this yet, so here goes:

You own a nice Mustang. You are going to get rid of it, for an S10 small truck, with a nice motor. Now Mr. NeedaCobra (change your name to needasmackupsideyahead), we at SVTPerformance think this is a really stupid idea. We have suggested to save the money you will be spending on that thing, and investing it into your Mustang. But your intentions are clear, so this is futile in the end.

Keep your Mustang. Seriously. Don't be swayed by the pretty motor the S10 has: you have a great motor as well, with a GREAT aftermarket (Great aftermarket=the best in automotive industry).

You are going to give up a great aftermarket for a Frankenstein of a vehicle. Think about that. If you are striving to be unique, well this will do it as you are the only person I know on this site that would so willfully trade their Mustang for a POS S10.

With that said, S10s are still one of the top 15 ugliest vehicles on the used car road, your notch Mustang is one of the top 15 nicest looking vehicles on the used car road.

PS Don't trade your Mustang, you fool.

What he said !

:bored:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Update:
Well, I was going to stop by his house last Wednesday, but I was so busy that day (I preached at church that night, so I spent most of the day studying and preparing) that I didn't. I called him today and left a message and I'm just waiting to here back from him. Perhaps if the trade doesn't work out, I'll just tighten up my spending and save up for some AFR 165's and start from there. :shrug: Well, I guess I'd need to buy a cam that would match the heads as well, but it's going to be difficult if I go the 5.0 route (from a financial standpoint).

to be continued . . . . ;-)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Well, I've had about 1-2 weeks to think about it, and I guess I'll just keep my car as I see a brighter future for a Mustang than a S10. Now, I'm going to start saving up for school and some AFR 165 heads for my car :) I have $200 currently saved up, woot! :)

Users who are viewing this thread