SNK BITN

Established Member
Hes gone mad, someone beat some sense into him
boxing_smiley.gif

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
snail50:
when I said, "where's Larry on this subject?" I was referring to him not commenting on the truck.

I went and talked to the dad and son today about the truck. The paint job was $2000, it has new tires, new battery, new weather stripping, and a lot of other stuff. They showed me the engine bay and cranked it up (SOUNDED NICE!!!!) and told me about it. They have over $9000 in the truck. It's a 66 block, and the engine has about 1,200 miles on it. It doesn't get good gas mileage (of course) but if I wanted gas mileage, I'd get a honda :kaboom: :)

EDIT: :lol1:

Last edited:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Oh yes, before I forget:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
.......OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
The truck looks pretty good (did I just say "pretty?") so I say go for it! You're going to have that itch (pretty gross itch by the way) (damn it, I said "pretty" again) until you get the truck you always wanted. So get it out of your system already.....okay, this thread is going to make me vomit.

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
Keep the notch! i like that s-10 but one that looks stock would be cooler (sleeper factor). Good luck with whatever you plan on doing.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
<waiting to hear something from Larry> :thumbsup:

Get me some specs on the engine. With today's shit gas, I want to see if he's full of it. Or if it's actually putting out 400 horses.
When I was a kid 400 horses was no problem. But we ran 12 or 13 to 1 compression. Can't do that today unless you run race fuel.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Larry, I'll talk to the guy who built the engine (he lives down the street from them, and does most of the wrench turning on their Nova, VW Bug, and the S10). I talked to them again and the son and father said it has around 370ish fwhp, which I suppose equates to around 330rwhp. Anyone know how much an S10 like that weighs?
SvtTom:
I'm not much into the sleeper factor. I never bet on races, so it wouldn't help anyway. I've looked over the truck several times and there was some good quality work put into it. On the inside, it has two bucket seats (they look rather new), some guages, a tach at the steering wheel, and a nice sound system. :)

MattUNC: Well, about 50% of my relatives do or or at one time did wear a mullet :lol: I'll try to keep everyone updated :thumbsup:

PS: If they did get my car, they'd probably have a lot of stuff done to it w/ in a few months, so you know it'd be in good hands :)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Oh, the transmission is a turbo transmission (forgot the official Chevy name for it) out of a Camaro. The dad said he was planning on putting a 4 link suspension in it and a Ford 9" (he has a Ford 9" on his Nova) rear end but his son has been spending his time on his Bug, and he drives a newer Chevy S10 Xtreme, and the dad's project is the Nova, so they don't drive the truck much, hence they were thinking about saling it. He pointed out a few things that may need attention, and so did I w/ my car. :)

Also, just think of it this way:
I was plannin on getting new seats for my car, well, the truck has rather nice seats in it already.
I was planning on putting a cowl hood on my car, the truck already has one,
I was planning on putting a manual valvebody on my car (the guy I was going to trade my AOD for his T5z for sold his car and then let me know a few weeks later, :nono: :bash: ) but his truck already has a manual valve body
I was wanting at least 300 RWHP, his truck already has over 300rwhp,
etc. :read:

Last edited:

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Coming from a fellow Notch owner, you will kick yourself in the ass everyday if you trade. Its a nice truck, don't get me wrong. However your car has way more potential and appeal.

Flip side, whatever makes you happy. Just think long and hard because once its gone, its gone.

nyk438

Established Member
If you get the truck :nonono:

And miss the stang you can always sell it and buy another Notch or something :shrug:

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Theres no way I'd make that trade.

Look at it this way.

If its such a good truck, with such a good engine, why would they be wanting to trade it off.

It seems (by their other projects) they like speed. Why trade for something that has less HP? Not saying they are trying to rip you....

I would definitely KEEP THE STANG!!

a 92 lx

Established Member
Cool truck, but not worth what your notch is worth. Sell your car and take the cash, or tell them to throw in some loot. :shrug:

Besides, it has stripes :bash:.
At a time where people are climbing over one another to find a clean notch , you go and contemplate trading it for a chevy with a small block and a paintjob. Think hard :nono:

Best of luck in your decision, ultimately it's yours and yours alone.

Users who are viewing this thread