DSLR recommendation

mdever12

Established Member
Hey guys, I want to get a nice camera and start getting into photography. What would a good beginner camera be? I have no prior photography experience so any input is much appreciated :beer:

jsonic

Established Member
Im a beginner and just bought a Canon EOS Rebel t3i and it is awesome. Easy to use, fits good in my had, and has something around 14 or 15 MP. Also shoots in full 1080p HD. I think its a great camera for a beginner, not the cheapest though.

Dark02Pony

Established Member
I'm a Canon user personally but all I can tell you is to go to a camera store and "test drive" some of the cameras they have. See what feels best in your hand, features that you may use etc. No amount of reading is going to surpass being hands-on.

truefiveo

Established Member
As much as I want a cool DSLR camera for my international travels, I can't swallow the risk and worry of losing one or risking having it stolen and I also don't like lugging around stuff like that when I'm out and about in some of these countries I visit.

rjs281

Established Member
Im a beginner and just bought a Canon EOS Rebel t3i and it is awesome. Easy to use, fits good in my had, and has something around 14 or 15 MP. Also shoots in full 1080p HD. I think its a great camera for a beginner, not the cheapest though.

I also just got a T3i and it is a great camera. It has a 18mp sensor that is the same as whats in the 60D. Takes great pics and is a good place to start.

GodStang

Established Member
Canon and Nikon both great. My wife and I shoot Canon. Depends on price the new Canon 70D is awesome but if you want entry level DSLR then look at the T3i as listed above. We have the XSi and had the 20D which have done us well. I am waiting on the 7D Mark ii to ever come out.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As much as I want a cool DSLR camera for my international travels, I can't swallow the risk and worry of losing one or risking having it stolen and I also don't like lugging around stuff like that when I'm out and about in some of these countries I visit.

Check your credit cards lost and stolen property coverage. You just have to buy the item on the card.

einehund

Established Member
My wife has a T2i and it still rocks awesome. I bet you could pick up a used T2i for less than a new point and click digital camera.

Users who are viewing this thread