Dubbed the TT500.... build thread

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I had started a thread over in the turbo section but because things are moving slow the thread has kind of derailed from what I was intending, plus I spend more time in here anyway. This will be somewhat slow as we are still waiting for stuff to show up but I am getting updates from my buddy's shop as they are getting stuff on the car. The below pictures are of the stuff I got from Jared, BMR suspension. The Afco will be going on later and we are just waiting for the injectors and the turbo kit which Jeff told me should be sometime this week or next week.

Matt, the mechanic, got the suspension done today and then it is heading to the chassis shop to get everything squared up, Madman's shop. The next step is to get a current dyno pull and then go back to stock for another one to see what the baseline actually is. All of the dyno time is going to be on a mustang dyno.

So in conclusion, right now the suspension is on and as things go together I will update this thread. Thanks to all that got involved in the other thread that i think almost got to page 8 or 9..lol.. I know thebull is waiting for his kit as well so it will be interesting to see how these two cars do being put together roughly at the same time. It is not written in stone but it looks like I will be home for a month starting April 7 so this will put me being home for the fun ford battle of the brands in may, hopefully a month will be long enough to figure out how to drive it.:beer:

mmm, goodies
gt500suspension.gif

compare.gif

compare2.gif

compare3.gif

installed.gif

installed2.gif

installed3.gif

installed4.gif

No more wheel hop FTMFW!

Enjoy gentlemen:banana: Oh yeah, I want to thank Nix5o for getting me set up in this direction.

James

EDIT: For all of the gulf coast people and especially the Louisianna people, below is Matt's contact information. I know this guy and trust him enough to send my car to another state to let him work on it so that should say something about him. He helped Nick become the WFC X Drag Radial champ, check nix5o's sig, so I know he wants to see this car perform too:beer:

Matt's Automotive and Custom
2639 South Fieldspan Road
Duson, La. 70529
337-706-8995 shop

[email protected]

Last edited:

2003 Silver

Banned
I will be VERY interested on how your setup turns out....I have everything you just put on plus plus. I would hopefully only need the turbo setup. I have longtubes and would figure they would need to come off...any other changes to the exhaust etc. Or would the midpipe back be good to go...how about cats...I would like to run some type of cat?

skyhighsd

Established Member
Looks like a good start, is your panhard bar a BMR? If so they must of changed the design of it.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
it is BMR.

The kit is designed to be used with the car in stock form so the headers would have to go. I am not sure if anything would have to be altered in the midpipe but I would not think so.

que4dog

Established Member
Good info. Were you able to drive the car since you put on the suspension mods? Did it improve traction?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
all of those pieces look like they have the weakest part near the center, where the stress is highest. im not quite sure why they would design them like that when there are much better set ups that are still adjustable on the car. maybe im just being paranoid though. either way, they look great, and i bet its a huge improvement over stock! cant wait to see more of your car!!!

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
if you are referring to the stock pieces looking weak, that was my first thought when i saw the pictures, i laughed.

as far as driving it, i am in iraq while all of this stuff is being installed so the only thing i can say is i am well versed with the wheel hop, it was worse than my 03 ever thought about being.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I have all that same BMR stuff as well, and it runs great but you are gonna notice alot more noise in the cabin. Thats the price for a race type suspension.

You need to get rid of the Harmonic weights on the axle by the rear lower arms you can kinda see them in the picture. Also add in the relocation brakets and make sure you weld them in. Evidently those harmonic weights are only on the 331 setups. as I had them on my auto gt and all my friends with 355 setups didnt have the weights.

Go ahead and pick up the larger sway bars and end links.

Looking forward to the rest of the build as well.

remsvt

BMR is the exact setup I was looking at as well. Thanks for posting up the pics. Hurry up and get back and tell me what you think. Good luck with your project! :beer:

mike5876

Established Member
i put my BMR stuff on yesterday at Hellions shop...lower control arms..non-adjustable, adjustable panhard rod,adjustable upper control arm, eibach springs.....havent driven it yet but very soon....cant wait to see how everyone like the twin turbos! sgt d. your car is looking pretty good there....when i see other threads and people talking about upgrading blowers...the twin turbo route just seems so much better not to mention the coolness factor!!!

nix5o

Established Member
No need to thank me, I love spending other peoples money. I'll be home before you so I get to drive it first.:banana::dancenana::pepper:

I wanna throw out a shamless plug for Matt at Matt's Automotive and Custom. He just reopened the shop after working with us for a year and a half in Iraq. Eveyone feel free to give him a call at 337-706-8995:beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I have a feeling this particular car is going to be slow with current driver. I would be more than happy to take your place without the payments.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I have a feeling this particular car is going to be slow with current driver. I would be more than happy to take your place without the payments.

stick to your v6 with the shelby body parts:poke:

/thread.

Chemical Intercooler FTMFW! AKA Nitrous oxide! LOL, JK!

(chuckles)

on a side note, the springs were overlooked but they were delivered today and will be installed next week before going to the chassis shop. I just got an email from jeff at hellion with the tracking numbers for the kit:beer: when matt sends me the pictures i will throw them in here.

GetAttachment.aspx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread