DUI going to trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
No not at all. I wish y'all could have been there. He straight up said he would have arrested me with just the smell of alcohol. I had 3 beers from 7:00 to 10:00 I then hung out at the party while my wife continued to drink. I left the party at 12:00 two hours after I stopped drinking(give or take :30) I would have won this case even if he didnt get caught in multible lies. I do wish we had better law inforcment in this town. turbo trail is right a lot of the LEO'S in this town are pretty bad. This guy is one of them. I have 3 friends that work with him they all said they could not say much but all agreed that I should take it to trial after I told them the arresting officer. I wish that when POS like him got caught manipulating facts and what not got reprimanded. It would help good Leo's do there job better. The more times cases like mine happen the less a legit case can be notable.

Congrats; however, you could have avoided this all together had you provided a sample of blood/breath while at the station.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
it is "PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty" there is a HUGE difference. you should learn it.

EsqEddy hated that coming from me. Anyway most driver's manuals state what is and is not implied consent. If you are driving on a valid driver's license you have accepted the the terms. There is no right to drive. I am happy for you but be careful in the future..

Georgia DUI & DWI Laws & Enforcement at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple
"Called the Administrative License Suspension Law (also known as implied consent), it works like this: If you are pulled over and a police officer asks you to submit to a breath, blood, or urine test to determine your BAC, and if you refuse, your license may be suspended for one year."

Last edited by a moderator:

Zemedici

Established Member
UPDATE!!! DUI was Acquitted! For those of you that think every cop is a perfect never wrong angel you should have been in the court room today. The officer got caught in several lies. He tried to manipulate the police report to reflect a DUI. Also admitted that he was looking for a DUI arrest. A true POS!!! Again I don't think every LEO is this way but this guy was waiting by a bar to pull people over. What he didn't know is I was just turning around. I was not drunk and it is my right to refuse any testing... This is America. Anyway I'm here at the house with my beautiful wife and daughter.

Hell yeah buddy. Next time, know the implied consent to a T. :beer:

Holy hell you're in GA, where at?

Last edited:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I've gotten some of my best arrests from stopping cars for tint. Tint laws are in place for a reason; if you don't want to get stopped for tint then make sure it's legal tint. 28% on the front and 15% on the back in FL, which is one of the more lenient states. It's not a BS reason at all. Dark tint is a safety issue which is why the laws are in place.

Too bad half of the police cars in FL have illegal tint themselves. :) At least half of marked and unmarked state, county police cars I see have illegal tint here in FL. I have illegal tint on my car but its not that bad. You can at least still see inside. Some of these police cars have what looks like freakin limo tint on the front windows!!!!

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Too bad half of the police cars in FL have illegal tint themselves. :) At least half of marked and unmarked state, county police cars I see have illegal tint here in FL. I have illegal tint on my car but its not that bad. You can at least still see inside. Some of these police cars have what looks like freakin limo tint on the front windows!!!!
ah gotta love the uninformed making comments like this.

Police and some other government vehicles are given a specific exemptions from the tint laws. so they do NOT have illegal tint. Highly recommend you learn how to fact check before making posts that make you sound ignorant.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member

Police and some other government vehicles are given a specific exemptions from the tint laws. so they do NOT have illegal tint. Highly recommend you learn how to fact check before making posts that make you sound ignorant.

I still don't see why their exempt. The supposed reason that we have tint laws is safety. I know their not trained to drive with darker tint....it should be equal opportunity, but since thugs have window tint at 0% and the officer can't see a gun being pulled while walking up is a major reason I'm sure. Most of the time they will leave you alone if when pulled over you immediately roll down the windows and hold license and registration out with both hands when you have dark tint like I do on the cobra.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member

I know about the "exemptions" but its still BS.......I will take the remark about being "illegal" back but its a crock of shit for a police car to have "legal" tint but on an everyday Joes car its considered "illegal"......Seems there are a lot of "exemptions" for government and state stuff huh? :) Yeah, that's fair.......

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
I know about the "exemptions" but its still BS.......I will take the remark about being "illegal" back but its a crock of shit for a police car to have "legal" tint but on an everyday Joes car its considered "illegal"......Seems there are a lot of "exemptions" for government and state stuff huh? :) Yeah, that's fair.......
it gets weird when the people entrusted to enforce the laws are exempt from them huh?

61mmstang94

Established Member
Obviously an LEO who make be looking to take a drunk driver off the road and MAYBE prevent a family somewhere from losing a loved-one in an alcohol related crash.

I know this isn't SmackDown, but I hope you re-read your post and see how stupid you sounded.

Police pull someone over looking for drunk drivers and they're bad because they should have better things to do.

They miss somebody out drunk driving that kills a family and the police are bad because they're not doing their job.

Some people don't like to take responsibility for their actions and blaming the police for things like this. Sme people just feel better when they can place the blame on something.

r103

Established Member
removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
This thread has pretty much run its course... Nothing more than a rant against law enforcement now.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member

Tint laws are in place for the officers safety. When they pull people over they want to be able to see what's going on inside the car such as hiding drugs or getting a gun or 10000 other reasons.

OP glad to hear it worked out for you!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
O I forgot cops are a step above everyone eles. It was my fault for responsibly drive my drunk wife home. It was also my fault for using MY RIGHT to refuse. I did not fully understand implied consent as I have never needed to. I guess it is all my fault that the cop told another cop his crap wasn't working. It was also my fault that the sorry ass cop didnt even show up to the ALS hearing. I have read that Leo's stick together more than any other group to include army, USAF, USMC ect. Leo's stick together like bloods and crips. Makes you wonder why. I would be glad to get the court recording if I can so you all can see what a POS the cop was. He was not doing his job. Can someone please close this thread I'm tired of hearing why cops are always right.

what you fail to understand is that we don't care. I am not a cop, and IF your story is 100% true the cop in your case was wrong. But SO WERE YOU. and that is where your issue lies.

you want sympathy and anyone that doesn't give you that is, in your narrow little view, on the cops side. maybe you should take a step back and re-evaluate your behavior. no one has said the cops were right, I dont think anyone condoned their behavior. you have been given some pretty good advice that you seem to want to shit on because it didn't come with a sympathy card.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Congrats; however, you could have avoided this all together had you provided a sample of blood/breath while at the station.

That's simply not true. Lets say that he may have blown a .06 which would be below the legal limit for DUI in Georgia but will still allow the LEO to arrest the OP with a DUI less-safe violation. The likelihood of having that charge acquitted would be less likely.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
That's simply not true. Lets say that he may have blown a .06 which would be below the legal limit for DUI in Georgia but will still allow the LEO to arrest the OP with a DUI less-safe violation. The likelihood of having that charge acquitted would be less likely.

If the OP is being truthful about drinking 3, 12oz beers in 4 hours, he would register well below .06.

cbj5259

Established Member
it gets weird when the people entrusted to enforce the laws are exempt from them huh?

Police do more than just enforce traffic laws...some of us work plain clothes, conduct surveillance in high narcotic trafficking areas, work stakeout jobs...etc. Clear glass does not lend itself to doing any of those jobs for obvious reasons, hence the exemption. When your case or the life of your CI depends on it...its pretty important. The motoring public is not allowed to run with red and blue lights either, do you think that should be allowed?

Sent from my sharona

Last edited:

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
Police do more than just enforce traffic laws...some of us work plain clothes, conduct surveillance in high narcotic trafficking areas, work stakeout jobs...etc. Clear glass does not lend itself to doing any of those jobs for obvious reasons, hence the exemption. When your case or the life of your CI depends on it...its pretty important. The motoring public is not allowed to run with red and blue lights either, do you think that should be allowed?

Sent from my sharona

Well said. I've given up trying to explain it you put it perfectly.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

Sent from my sharona

Well said. I've given up trying to explain it you put it perfectly.

This. I've explained it in other threads also, but there will be people who only have one track minds and will always hate on LEO's and the job no matter what. They bitch at us for being exempt from laws, or bitch at us for enforcing certain laws, yet they are the people that vote for the lawmakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread