DUI going to trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machdup1

Established Member
It was my fault for responsibly drive my drunk wife home.

If you were over the limit, then yes.

If you were under the limit and impaired, then yes.

If you were under the limit and/or not impaired, then no.

By the way, people who are under the influence of alcohol are not good judges of whether or not they are too impaired to operate a motor vehicle.

I am glad your life did not get destroyed by a DUI; however, it appears that you have not learned the central lesson of the experience based on your argumentative nature.

You appear to be still blaming law enforcement when your decisions resulted in the situation. Had you had nothing to drink and then gotten behind the wheel, none of this would have occurred.

By the way, how much did you attorney cost? The other lesson you likely learned as a part of this experience is that being accused of a DUI is really expensive and easily avoidable.

May93

Established Member
No not at all. I wish y'all could have been there. He straight up said he would have arrested me with just the smell of alcohol. I had 3 beers from 7:00 to 10:00 I then hung out at the party while my wife continued to drink. I left the party at 12:00 two hours after I stopped drinking(give or take :30) I would have won this case even if he didnt get caught in multible lies. I do wish we had better law inforcment in this town. turbo trail is right a lot of the LEO'S in this town are pretty bad. This guy is one of them. I have 3 friends that work with him they all said they could not say much but all agreed that I should take it to trial after I told them the arresting officer. I wish that when POS like him got caught manipulating facts and what not got reprimanded. It would help good Leo's do there job better. The more times cases like mine happen the less a legit case can be notable.

Your forgetting the fact that you did actually drive after drinking. Had you not drank 3 beers and jumped behind the wheel of your car he wouldn't have had the opportunity to be the ass you say he was. I'm glad you got out of the DUI and hopefully you've learned something. In the future however instead of trying to beat the system learn to abide by it.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
You MF need to learn how to read! I stopped drinking well before I drove. My BAC would have been no higher than someone that did not drink. The cop smelt my wife! He thought I was leaving a bar. In fact I was turning around in that parking lot. I do not drink and drive. As far as the lawyer $1000. Once the lawyer looked at the tape and report he said $1000. My lawyer said the cop is know for trying to pull some bull crap. For those of you that think cops are so great just google "police officer arrested" you will get all kinds of hits. Getting good cops is hard they are underpaid and undereducated. That is a fact. It doesn't take much to get a job. My post was just asking about the legal side and the odds. I know I was innocent. So y'all can stop making assumptions like the cop did I my case.

Takes an 1 to 1.5 hours to process a drink of alcohol so the amount and duration of drinking matters. Since I am not reading 5 pages, how many drinks did you have?

r103

Established Member
Also get off your high horse. I'm sorry you get paid shit to get shot at and deal with crackheads. That is what you decided to do. Please do not take me the wrong way I do respect those of you that do your job the right way. I thank you for your dedication and hard work. Please understand tho that there are some bad apples.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
You MF need to learn how to read! I stopped drinking well before I drove. My BAC would have been no higher than someone that did not drink. The cop smelt my wife! He thought I was leaving a bar. In fact I was turning around in that parking lot. I do not drink and drive. As far as the lawyer $1000. Once the lawyer looked at the tape and report he said $1000. My lawyer said the cop is know for trying to pull some bull crap. For those of you that think cops are so great just google "police officer arrested" you will get all kinds of hits. Getting good cops is hard they are underpaid and undereducated. That is a fact. It doesn't take much to get a job. My post was just asking about the legal side and the odds. I know I was innocent. So y'all can stop making assumptions like the cop did I my case.

Listen man, some guys are jumping on your case, but as an LEO, let me just give you a bit of enlightenment on alcohol. You had 3 beers in 4 hours. We will go with that for this. The amount of alcohol that you consumed HAD NOT been totally processed and removed from your body's systems in that 4 hours time span. Yes, the officer did probably smell the alcohol in the vehicle, and it may have MOSTLY been from your wife's level of intoxication. BUT the officer also smelled it on you once he removed you from your vehicle. Alcohol emitting from the body (especially through the breath) has a VERY distinct odor. Had you taken the PBT on the roadside, you may not have been legally intoxicated, but it would still have registered some amount of alcohol in your system. The amount of alcohol still there would depend on your body mass/alcohol consumed/time since last drink.

I think what MOST people are trying to say is we hope you have learned a lesson, albeit, a lesson learned the hard way. It could have ended up a lot worse than it did friend.

Now, take some friendly advice, walk away from the thread and let the haters continue to hate in here. :beer:

r103

Established Member
I got to the party at 7:00 how do I know it was 7:00 because I saw the kickoff of the UGA vs Kentucky game. I drank 3 Michelob Ultra's (my wife's beer) I stopped drinking around 10:00. I drove home at 12:15-12.20 cop pulled me over at 12:33. I am 5'11" 200lbs

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
Here's one for you. I got a DUI in my garage in 2006. DMV dismissed it (garage is an extinsion of my house and covered under the 4th amendment). The judge said I should have shut my garage door. What?

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
I got to the party at 7:00 how do I know it was 7:00 because I saw the kickoff of the UGA vs Kentucky game. I drank 3 Michelob Ultra's (my wife's beer) I stopped drinking around 10:00. I drove home at 12:15-12.20 cop pulled me over at 12:33. I am 5'11" 200lbs

I am going to assume they wer 16oz. bottles, so 48 ounces of beer. Not sure what the alcohol content of one of those is, but based upon 14 years of experience I think I can safely say a PBT reading wouldn't show .000 BAC reading for AT LEAST 5-6 hours later. Again, in the time frame you were stopped, you may not have been legally intoxicated - .008 or above, but keep in mind most states have a presumptive level of between .005-.079BAC.

silver03svt

Established Member
Here's one for you. I got a DUI in my garage in 2006. DMV dismissed it (gatage is an extimsion of my house and covered under the 4th amendmemt). The judge said I should have shut my garage door. What?

I think you're drunk now too.........:dw:

r103

Established Member
7:00 to 12:15 is 5.25 hours. Mic Ultra is 4.1% of 12oz bottle. Also I never drink the last bit so it's more like 10-11oz. You guys are much different than a lot of cops. Y'all own nice cars and know that not everyone in a lowered modified Cobra or whatever is a criminal. I have been harassed in the Cobra countless times. When I drive my wife Lexus hybrid I don't even get a look. I also drive a Lightning it is about 50/50 I don't think they know what it is most of the time.

r103

Established Member
Also keep in mind I have 3 friends that work for the same department as this cop. None of them said much, but all said "go to court he's just that kinda guy"

ZWilson07

Established Member
EDIT

Question was already answered, got to it before me while I was replying.

Carry on

Last edited:

You need to be banned for your little MF post which we all know what it stands for. You won your case. Why do you continue to beat this dead horse?

Reported for your ban simply because now you are going out of your way to be a troll.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
7:00 to 12:15 is 5.25 hours. Mic Ultra is 4.1% of 12oz bottle. Also I never drink the last bit so it's more like 10-11oz. You guys are much different than a lot of cops. Y'all own nice cars and know that not everyone in a lowered modified Cobra or whatever is a criminal. I have been harassed in the Cobra countless times. When I drive my wife Lexus hybrid I don't even get a look. I also drive a Lightning it is about 50/50 I don't think they know what it is most of the time.

Time goes from the time of you last drink, which you stated was around 10 or 10:30. Again, there was still alcohol in your system, the only issue would be the amount of the alcohol to register your BAC. It SOUNDS as if you may not have met the legal limit. You are the same height as me, and I am about 10lbs. heavier. In reference to your bad apples comment earlier, you are exactly right. They are out there, and it sounds as if you ran across one, BUT even a good officer would have done the same type of investigation with you, it's just that the results COULD have been may different.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
You need to be banned for your little MF post which we all know what it stands for. You won your case. Why do you continue to beat this dead horse?

Reported for your ban simply because now you are going out of your way to be a troll.

REALLY????? I thought men and car guys could handle a little more than at the dinner table discussion, I bet your 19,000+ posts on this site are amusing. Don't be a girl.

OP I'm sure your only lesson learned was to not attempt a thread like this on svtperformance again...

REALLY????? I thought men and car guys could handle a little more than at the dinner table discussion, I bet your 19,000+ posts on this site are amusing. Don't be a girl.

OP I'm sure your only lesson learned was to not attempt a thread like this on svtperformance again...

I think people forget the guidelines of the Donut Shop. Its not Smackdown. And calling people MF'ers in this thread is way out of bounds. If you don't have any regard for the rules that are set forth for specific forums then maybe a banning is good for you too.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
You MF need to learn how to read!

Let the name calling begin.

Getting good cops is hard they are underpaid and undereducated.

The pay is quite decent, actually. Would like to compare your education record against mine or the majority of officers in my department?

It doesn't take much to get a job.

Getting hired on as an LEO takes quite a lot. You are showing your ignorance on the subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread