DUI the exception to the constitution

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
very interesting, but just another reason why i try to never drink anything and drive, but the laws are out of control, I remember one professor who was a former jag attorney say your better off refusing the BAC and losing your license then taking the test if you think your gonna fail

03DOHC

Established Member
there is no right to drive a car in the constitution, much less impaired. that is up to the individual states to deicide.

The constitution does not grant rights and neither does the states.:rolleyes:

I take it you just opened your mouth to hear yourself without reading the essay.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
there is no right to drive a car in the constitution, much less impaired. that is up to the individual states to deicide.
emm, so, by me getting into my car, i am waiving ALL of my civil rights??? **** no im not, and i would LOVE for you to find me a government docuement that says something to the contrary.
i find it rather pathetic that anyone would drive drunk, and although they may not deserve death as some here may propose, they deserve all of the punishments that they have coming to them, but that doesn't mean that they dont deserve the same rights that you and i have. convicted murderers get more rights than someone convicted of a DUI.
please dont make ignorant statements.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I'm going to give this a read tomorrow. Needless to say, I support DUI laws, provided all due process rights after respected during the process of prosecuting such offenses.

If you drive drunk frequently, you are a ****ing asshole and deserve to have your legs broke. Most assholes are NOT "good to drive" despite what their drunken opinion says.

The article is much different than that. I agree with some DUI laws, but the refusal of any Miranda rights is bullshit. Also, if how the guy explains the breathalyzer is correct, it's a huge load of shit that it's even admissible in court.

fork

Banned
The Constitution doesn't grant rights? Holy shit thanks for pointing that out douche. The Constitution simply protects the rights you already have. And since you don't have a "right" to drive a car.........see 10th amendment
Constitution-you should read it!!

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Njc0las said:
On behalf of the internet and repost police, I'd like to welcome you to 4 years ago.

I am willing to wager that the article is more important and relevant now than it was when it was written.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
The Constitution doesn't grant rights? Holy shit thanks for pointing that out douche. The Constitution simply protects the rights you already have. And since you don't have a "right" to drive a car.........see 10th amendment
Constitution-you should read it!!

ummm, I don't think that automobiles were invented yet when the founders of the Constitution wrote it...

yellowbra

Established Member
Great read, I am not suprised by anything I have read though. It is ridiculous about how much our rights' are encroached upon in so many situations such as this. I do NOT drive drunk and refuse to even if it means putting the keys in the glove box and sleeping in the car.

well I don't know if its the same in your state but, in Wisconsin you can still get a ticket if your drunk and the keys are IN the car. I would probably suggest putting the keys in by the gas cap instead.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
So when I'm painting my house in a few weeks and need to run out to the paint store, I can get arrested for DUI because the breathalyzer reads inhaled paint fumes, turpentine and glue as alcohol.

Great.

Looks like breathalyzer machines are right up there with red light cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread