DUI the exception to the constitution

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Very long. I have 2 on my record and have served jail time...rightly so.

dogmush

Established Member
We do this thread here or in donut shop it seems like every 6 or so months.

Yes, it's bullshit.

Yes, some of the laws never should have been passed.

They're still the law, and enforcable.

Call your legislator.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
i got half way thru it and said **** it.

but waht i did read i agree with 100%. i have been arrested for DUI, but i passed ad it was dropped. but i had NO rights during the whole precudure. could not call my lawyer, forced to answer questions under threat of jail, and even though i PASSED the breathalyzer test(i blew a .03!!!), i was still held behind bars for 12 hours for a crime i did not do. BULLSHIT!!

and no, im not exaggerating.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Really long internet read. MADD was once a well intentioned organization that has gone overboard, way overboard. The founder has since left the organization, stating that it has become too radical and not what she originally intended. What goes on stemming from their power is ridiculous.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yeah, they arrest for "less safe" driving if you blow below the limit usually here. I've always refused all tests and never had any proof other than the arresting officers word. If you're in a small town and can get an attorney that is in the system you'll most likely have it reduced. In a college town like Athens they rely and enjoy the revenue from the multiple MIP and DUIs that happen every night. I've done my shit twice but it's all BS really...dui school, community service, victim impact panels [which I watched the same 5 minute video twice], fines. Seems like they would like to offer treatment as an option. While I was in jail for a couple of weeks about 80% were in for alcohol, drug, or probation violation. What a crock.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
I'm going to give this a read tomorrow. Needless to say, I support DUI laws, provided all due process rights after respected during the process of prosecuting such offenses.

If you drive drunk frequently, you are a ****ing asshole and deserve to have your legs broke. Most assholes are NOT "good to drive" despite what their drunken opinion says.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I'm going to give this a read tomorrow. Needless to say, I support DUI laws, provided all due process rights after respected during the process of prosecuting such offenses.

If you drive drunk frequently, you are a ****ing asshole and deserve to have your legs broke. Most assholes are NOT "good to drive" despite what their drunken opinion says.

oh i am for the lawsa s well. as long as they are withheld the way they are supposed to be.

dogmush

Established Member

Me too, the problem is with the current laws and enforcement to get a Driving While Impaired charge, you don't actually have to be driving, or impaired. We've changed the laws to crimalize behaviour that isin't actually dangerous and are prosocuting people for something they *might* do in the future.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I have read this before, It's a pretty good read up on a law that many people don't understand.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i just read the whole thing and its more depressing and aggravating than anything :nonono:

its basically a long, well written expose on how your civil rights are violated in the name of DUI. it gives many examples of how the US supreme court just said "ah **** it" and ignored the violations. it tells you how the cops know all this but they dont care. they get kudos for arresting as many DUIs as possible (in a DUI roadblock, which is unconstitutional). it also goes on to tell you that you can blow over a .08 BAC without even having had an alchoholic drink :kaboom: and it basically tells you that there isnt a ****ing thing you can do about it.

you know what else is great about getting arrested for a DUI at one of these checkpoints???? even if youre let off without charges.......you still get to pay the ridiculous amount of impound fees!! :kaboom:

DrZacharyus

Banned
Great read, I am not suprised by anything I have read though. It is ridiculous about how much our rights' are encroached upon in so many situations such as this. I do NOT drive drunk and refuse to even if it means putting the keys in the glove box and sleeping in the car.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
good quote frome the VERY bottom of that read..

To paraphrase a famous quote from pre-war Germany, "First they came for the drunks, but I was not a drunk, so I did not speak up"

Users who are viewing this thread