Dumb city of ricers

NastyNate420

Established Member
They like to street race down in south FL alot. there are some bad ass civics, integras, etc that always want to run up and down 95. Omw home from the dealer when i bought my mach there was a civic that toasted me pretty nice on the 1st run. I went to Hooters in palm beach a bit and hung out with some of the evo guys. A couple of them tt pushing 550 awhp. I never ran any of those guys but they know about CARS and general and know where they stand in the real world.
In houston tx is seems like everyone in the mother wants to run! There is usually too much damn traffic there. And dont forget about the random engine block thats been laying in the middle lane of the freeway since LAST tuesday!!. Or the pot holes that almost swallow my whole bike as im cruising! Man the thing ive seen on the freeway in houston and i only lived there for 6 months.
Now im back in NJ and EVERYONE here drives it like they stole it. I dont race around here cuz the po9 love me too much with the zink yellow tinted out mach with FL tags! BUT whenever i see a person driving a NEWER altima i make sure to get IN their way! Those people are the new ricers in my mind.......always flying around thinking they are drivng something fast!

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
oh yes, lets not forget the GTi craze, and the whole "ken Block drives Subaru, so its the shit", and "Subaru has awd, so it handles better than any car out there"

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I drive my 2003 Cobra as a daily driver. Tell me why i have every gay ass ricer try to race me when i drive anywhere around my city? :D :shrug:

Tell me why when i had my 03 Cobra as a DD that NOBODY ever wanted to race, or there was never any cars worthy enough for me to provoke? Now I have my 98 GST out EVERY honduh out there wants to run?

I WISH I got that action when I had my 03. Only people I raced were people I already knew on the way to meets or such.

Now i hop in the GST and at least once a day im going "Where were bitches like you when I had the 03 out?!"

oh yes, lets not forget the GTi craze, and the whole "ken Block drives Subaru, so its the shit", and "Subaru has awd, so it handles better than any car out there"

LOL think you mean STi.........

I laugh at people that are just now wearing the Monster/Block/Subaru shits.........."McFly, you're a little late to the party. Block drives for Ford now."

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
I get the same thing. Every little punk in any sub 200 HP car you can think of wants a piece of me when I give the Cobra a day off and take the Camry. I can be doing 10 over in the Camry and people are riding my ass with their HIDs and flying past me 20 mph faster or jumping at lights or blowing stop signs to get in front of me like they have something to prove.

When I'm in the Cobra doing exactly the speed limit, nobody wants to pass, and people stop 1-2 cars back when I'm at a light.

Chicken shit alpha male complexes people have.

Anyone know anybody selling a 3rd gen ST205 3SGTE minus AWD trans for less than $1500? I WILL put a stop to this shit. :fm:

Last edited:

cobrasvtcrazy

New Cobra Maniac
Established Member
I get the same thing. Every little punk in any sub 200 HP car you can think of wants a piece of me when I give the Cobra a day off and take the Camry. I can be doing 10 over in the Camry and people are riding my ass with their HIDs and flying past me 20 mph faster or jumping at lights or blowing stop signs to get in front of me like they have something to prove.

When I'm in the Cobra doing exactly the speed limit, nobody wants to pass, and people stop 1-2 cars back when I'm at a light.

that is soooo true

CobraKid04

Established Member
ok a different persective....If your in your coba and a Lambo goes past you, don't you want to see it roll out. Now most cobra owners are older than 18 so we may not go flying by them or ask to race but, I'm sure you pace them and or give it a little more gas leaving the stop light...I had a lambo pass me on the freeway last summer and I tried to get him to race....lol

Most just want to see the beast in action...

jbal

Established Member
I think a lot of them talk themselves into thinking that their new intake really does give them an extra 100 hp. Then they talk to their friends about how awesome their cars are. So they start living in a dream world where they think they can really take you.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Why would anyone risk getting a ticket or going to jail to showoff to a ricer? That's what it is - showing off. They have no chance to beat you, so what is the point of giving them any action at all? Taking part in their behavior just makes you a ricer too. Just ignore them.

Sil80sx

Established Member
Yours isnt a mystic is it? Lol cuz I hit up a terminator on the 60 fwy but he exited atlantic blvd. He gave me that "dirt off your shoulder" when I passed him up LOL. I should've followed him and caught his ass at a red light, arrogant ass no traction having car.....

Last edited:

IRACEMYCOPCAR

Cobra driver
Established Member
I daily my Cobra and NEVER run into anyone wanting to "race" or even play around, every time i see someone that would possibly try something they pull up and as soon as they see its a Cobra they turn off and go another direction. If im on the highway ill see them zipping up behind me zig zagging thru traffic in the mirror and as soon as the see its a Cobra they get behind me and follow untill i get off. It was the same when i had my ZO6 also.

ok a different persective....If your in your coba and a Lambo goes past you, don't you want to see it roll out. Now most cobra owners are older than 18 so we may not go flying by them or ask to race but, I'm sure you pace them and or give it a little more gas leaving the stop light...I had a lambo pass me on the freeway last summer and I tried to get him to race....lol

Most just want to see the beast in action...

The difference is that..... as crazy as it sounds half of the Terminators on this forum would either give a lambo a run for its money or blow its doors off from a roll on the highway (unless its a TT gallardo LOL)

exdeath

Established Member
Why would anyone risk getting a ticket or going to jail to showoff to a ricer? That's what it is - showing off. They have no chance to beat you, so what is the point of giving them any action at all? Taking part in their behavior just makes you a ricer too. Just ignore them.

That's the great thing about rice, you don't have to race. You can just lay in it at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and put a bus on them and let out at 45... who is going to prove you were "racing" ?

It's not even exhibition as defined by most statutes if you don't leave rubber or cross the lane marker.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Lol dude everyone thinks they have a car that could race a lambo and win. One of my friends with a buick riviera thinks his car is the coolest thing ever. He thinks that thing is so fast, I have seen him lose to a 1998 camry and he still thinks its fast... People are funny man.

FastNick01

Established Member
I doubt they think they'll win, as said above, they probably just want to hear our cars hall pass them.

I once had a Honda with a fart can pull up to me at a light and ask to run me. He said he was all motor. I was in the Trans Am at the time, mods in sig. I asked the kid if he was serious. He was. I think I stopped after the Traffic light because he hadn't moved yet.

That would be my quess

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I drive my 2003 Cobra as a daily driver. Tell me why i have every gay ass ricer try to race me when i drive anywhere around my city? :D Well yesterday i smoked the shit out of a few hondas and civics. Long story short every ricer i see wants to race and get smoked. I wanted to ask you guys why do they try to race? Is is that they think they are going to win or are just curious? Or do they not know what a cobra is?:shrug:

LOL all of the above

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
^This is some excellent insight; good write-up. As I'm well over 40, it helps me to understand the mentality out there.

And btw, OP, just because you're challenged, doesn't mean you have to respond in kind. I get it a lot in my 03 Cobra, too, and I usually just look at them and shake my head no. Around where I live, the risks are HUGE, and the rewards are very small. Just not worth it.

hey what about my explanation??? i dont get a thanx??? :(

VRM III

Established Member
I think it has a lot to do with the lack of understanding and a "huge" generation gap. I grew up in Jersey and was involved in the street racing thing in North Jersey and hung out in the same area of the parking lots. To most of the the import crowd, a Mustang is a Mustang. It does not matter if you have a Snake on your stang or a GT badge. In their mind, you are an outdated, old technology, slow American POS with no quality. I can honestly say that is the mentality. I kid you not! Total lack of understanding.

In their defense though, their parents have only bought import cars during the time when the US was not only trying to make cars but also trying to pay the Union auto workers a good salary with tons of benefits. As we all know, this can't be done and something has to give. Unfortunately, the quality suffered. Therefore, if all these kids grew up only riding in imported cars, what do you think they will buy when they are of age.

This is a similar situation to me. When I was young, everyone bought American cars and were brand loyal to either Ford, Olds, Chevy, Buick etc. Therefore, I bought American cars..even to this day. I would not support an import car company as long as there was an American company still around making cars.

Good post. Thank GOD my parents bought American :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread