Dumb city of ricers

cobrasvtcrazy

New Cobra Maniac
Established Member
I drive my 2003 Cobra as a daily driver. Tell me why i have every gay ass ricer try to race me when i drive anywhere around my city? :D Well yesterday i smoked the shit out of a few hondas and civics. Long story short every ricer i see wants to race and get smoked. I wanted to ask you guys why do they try to race? Is is that they think they are going to win or are just curious? Or do they not know what a cobra is?:shrug:

arc00ta

Established Member
Somw of them want to see the car go. Others genuinely believe they have the upper hand. I've talked to a few guys like that. Usually involves FWD handling better than any RWD car ever made, including formula 1, and being faster than a top fuel dragster because it has VTEC. I seriously can't believe the stuff some of those guys say. If you're curious, watch any youtube video involving muscle cars vs imports and read the comments. It makes my blood boil just looking at some of the retarded crap posted there.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
idk, probably just assume its a GT, and they think "well with my intake, exhaust, and Vtec I should be able to beat this GT" My Mach 1 is pretty stock, and any import I run either thinks its the same as a GT, or they think its fast as shit and compare it to a SC Cobra.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
they just dont know what a Cobra is. your car is nearly identical to one minus the badging and all.
and plus you have to understand that theres a whole 'nother generation of drivers getting their license for the first time and all they know Vtec this, i-Vtech that, Injen this and Greddy that.
plus it doesnt help that today's 4 bangers are cutting 1/4 times that GT stangs used to cut on average nearly 10 years ago....
it may be that they raced some GT at some poinbt in time and probably barely lost and thinks that by putting an intake and exhaust on their car makes it on par with ANY mustang...Cobra or not. :thumbsup:

cobrasvtcrazy

New Cobra Maniac
Established Member
all this is true. thanks for clearing up my questions. its crazy though, cuz i dont rev or anything like that. ha maybe i have an aroma that attracts rice

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
I think it has a lot to do with the lack of understanding and a "huge" generation gap. I grew up in Jersey and was involved in the street racing thing in North Jersey and hung out in the same area of the parking lots. To most of the the import crowd, a Mustang is a Mustang. It does not matter if you have a Snake on your stang or a GT badge. In their mind, you are an outdated, old technology, slow American POS with no quality. I can honestly say that is the mentality. I kid you not! Total lack of understanding.

In their defense though, their parents have only bought import cars during the time when the US was not only trying to make cars but also trying to pay the Union auto workers a good salary with tons of benefits. As we all know, this can't be done and something has to give. Unfortunately, the quality suffered. Therefore, if all these kids grew up only riding in imported cars, what do you think they will buy when they are of age.

This is a similar situation to me. When I was young, everyone bought American cars and were brand loyal to either Ford, Olds, Chevy, Buick etc. Therefore, I bought American cars..even to this day. I would not support an import car company as long as there was an American company still around making cars.

Last edited:

mysterio

Established Member
I think it has a lot to do with the lack of understanding and a "huge" generation gap. I grew up in Jersey and was involved in the street racing thing in North Jersey and hung out in the same area of the parking lots. To most of the the import crowd, a Mustang is a Mustang. It does not matter if you have a Snake on your stang or a GT badge. In their mind, you are an outdated, old technology, slow American POS with no quality. I can honestly say that is the mentality. I kid you not! Total lack of understanding.

In their defense though, their parents have only bought import cars during the time when the US was not only trying to make cars but also trying to pay the Union auto workers a good salary with tons of benefits. As we all know, this can't be done and something has to give. Unfortunately, the quality suffered. Therefore, if all these kids grew up only riding in imported cars, what do you think they will buy when they are of age.

This is a similar situation to me. When I was young, everyone bought American cars and were brand loyal to either Ford, Olds, Chevy, Buick etc. Therefore, I bought American cars..even to this day. I would not support an import car company as long as there was an American company still around making cars.

^This is some excellent insight; good write-up. As I'm well over 40, it helps me to understand the mentality out there.

And btw, OP, just because you're challenged, doesn't mean you have to respond in kind. I get it a lot in my 03 Cobra, too, and I usually just look at them and shake my head no. Around where I live, the risks are HUGE, and the rewards are very small. Just not worth it.

cobrasvtcrazy

New Cobra Maniac
Established Member
wow guys. thanks alot for your insite. it helped me understand alot. and mysterio i am going to start saying no like u do to these ricers

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
wow guys. thanks alot for your insite. it helped me understand alot. and mysterio i am going to start saying no like u do to these ricers

Wise decision. As long as they know they're going to get a race out of you, they're going to keep trying to bolster their ego. Even if you're going to clean their clocks, don't give them the satisfaction. Let them know that they aren't worth your trouble.

Last edited:

CamdZ06

Established Member
I drive my 2003 Cobra as a daily driver. Tell me why i have every gay ass ricer try to race me when i drive anywhere around my city? :D Well yesterday i smoked the shit out of a few hondas and civics. Long story short every ricer i see wants to race and get smoked. I wanted to ask you guys why do they try to race? Is is that they think they are going to win or are just curious? Or do they not know what a cobra is?:shrug:

Good thing you smoke them. Because from experience some of these "ricers" don't know much about cars so sometimes they think they have a chance. But in other cases, some probably just want to hear your car!

CamdZ06

Established Member

Great points man! Over the years i've noticed that a majority of my family only buys American cars as well. I have always liked European cars but after having lots of situations with maintenence and parts for those cars, i now see why my family always buys American.

My uncle bought a 2008 E63 AMG ( 10,000 miles, Warranty,which is so badas*), and drove it like he stole it (Safely). Long story short...Within a month or so, the engine broke down. Going back and forth with AMG deciding whether its going to cover the damage. After 6 months, he got his car back. He himself said, he is going to trade in for a CTS-V, GT500, etc.

mr2cam

Established Member
Most ricers in my town wont try to race me when im in my car, which is fine because it keeps me out of trouble, but when I get in my good gas milage daily driven 92 civic that is stock with 265,000 miles on it, they all want to race me.. Idiots

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I think most of them want to brag about beating a Mustang..the whole 8 cylinder vs 4 cylinder thing.

I want to smack the turbo 4 cylinder guys who think they are the sh!t when they win..Really don't understandf the FI concept

mysticalsnake

Established Member
I've driven imports and domestics all the same but have ALWAYS been a Mustang guy. A lot of my friends are import owners and even before we were all friends knew what they could play with and what they couldn't. I think it really all boils down to ignorance for some, and "awesomeness" i guess you could say for others.

The ignorance side is what a lot of guys find with true "ricers" intake, fart cannon-equipped cars that think they're "fast and furious."

The "awesomeness" is like a lot of my friends. They respect cars of all makes and models that are clean, and especially whenever they are clean AND fast. I've had several of my friends go cruising in their daily drivers on the weekends, when we would all be working on getting their car back together from whatever project, just so they could go out and still go out and have a great time. There have been countless times that one of my friends who has driven mostly civics his entire life that he'll come to me and say he would mess with a guy in a cobra just so he could see what the car can do.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Most kids in jersey (middle class white ones anyways) have moved on from hondas.... They all rock Vdubs now... an intake/chip GTI can apparently hold 20+psi and run 12's :nonono:

I see more white MKV GTI's in a day then i see mustangs....

mr2cam

Established Member
I think most of them want to brag about beating a Mustang..the whole 8 cylinder vs 4 cylinder thing.

I want to smack the turbo 4 cylinder guys who think they are the sh!t when they win..Really don't understandf the FI concept

If you want we can meet in norcal and you can try to smack this little turbo 4cyl around :D

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
There's never anyone out in DC. I cant get a run from rice or domestic. I'm jealous of you guys who get 'too much action'.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
There's never anyone out in DC. I cant get a run from rice or domestic. I'm jealous of you guys who get 'too much action'.

Dude, no one is out racing in the DC area because the cops are just to damn strict there. I drive a lot from NC to either NJ or NY for work and the cops in that area (especially on 95) are just to anxious to give out tickets. Does not seem like a place to f**k around. Sorry man... might want to come down to NC....lots of flat, straight farm roads. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread