Dumb things you did as a kid.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Haha, some of these are awesome.

Made a slingshot and tested a BB on a car window. At the age I was, my friend and I thought it would make a tiny hole. It didn't. The whole window exploded into a million pieces. My heavier set friend went running for dear life down the alley, and, nearly fell because his pants were falling. Got my ass royally beat with a belt buckle and an old dog leash.

I used to torment older neighbors and I would toss about 10 smoke bombs into their garbage cans. They'd come out and see smoke seeping out of the cracks and once they opened them, it was a rainbow of smoke hitting them. Got yelled at by a few neighbors. They were jerks to begin with.

Had an old lady with a convertible Jetta from the 90's. We were playing catching in our part of the alleyway and the ball went toward her car and shopped within about 5 feet from where she parked. She tossed the ball into the garbage can and said about 10 different "F" words to me. She was a really big ****. So, I went to the convenience store, picked up one of those flaming grenade fireworks, walked by her front window which faced the parking lot where she watched TV, lit it and tossed it inside. She freaked out, threw it out of her window and into her own car. By then, the flame was out, but, it left a nasty smell in her house/car. She never messed with me again and my parents gave me a firm talking to, followed by a solid ass beating.

Ton of other things, but, yeah, being a kid was fun.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
lol, BB gun fights were pretty common it seems. When I was a kid there weren't enough BB guns to go around so only the older kids got them. I was not one of the older kids.

We would also have roman candle fights. Fun times.
Ever neighborhood had at least one 1 eyed kid.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fortunately personal video recording devices didn't exist back then...

I Dukes of Hazzard style jumped my 1979 Camaro off the end of a road and about 200' into a swamp after missing Stop sign. Was drag racing my neighbor who had a Caviler Z24. Called my Dad to pull me out. Told him I was adjusting my seat and missed the Stop sign. Wasn't until many years later that parents heard the real story. lol. Good thing I didn't kill myself.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good stories guys. As for me, I have a few that are good for a laugh. So I had an uncle that was a licensed blaster and worked for a blasting company. He would give my dad 1/4 sticks of dynamite. Well my buddies and I were like 10 or 11 and we took one and lit it off in the yard. Nobody got hurt but good lord was my mom steaming when she ran to the door as the explosion shook the windows.

Not a lot of my friends had BB guns but we did get paintball guns in high school. Instead of playing a sane game of paintball we'd go all out, every man for themselves. Of course we'd turn the things up to full velocity and we'd all be covered in bruises and bleeding after it was all said and done.

Lots of backroads drag racing of course and we jumped a lot of cars when off roading and over railroad tracks.

Then we discovered alcohol and the dumb shit really started to get out of hand lol.

raustin0017

Established Member
Had a Ben Person bow and needed to get rid of some old arrows. Thought is a was a good plan to see how far we could launch the 20 or so old ones into the woods across the street. Took turns with a few buds until they were all gone. About 10 minutes later two local cop cars came screaming up the road and turned down a gravel road headed into the woods not far from my side yard. The three of us took off running into the woods to see what was going on. Taking a path for about 150 yards we came to the old fence we had climbed many times before. We then saw what all the fuss was about. Seems like we forgot there was a 'Deaf' family who lived in a house trailer. The front yard was like a pin cushion and a few were sticking out of the front side of the trailer. We took off from where we came and swore to each other to keep silent. Just plain luck nobody was hurt or killed.

25 years later...was at my Mom's visiting and my Step-dad and her were members of a local antique car club. Out front with Pop and working on an old Chevy. One of his friends stops by and Pop introduces me. Old dude shakes my hand and says he knows me. I'm thinking that's funny...we just met. Turns out the guy was sitting in his trailer watching TV when his trailer was attacked by arrows. A lot of arrows. He 'signed' to his wife and kids to take cover in the closet and grabbed his 30-30 and called the cops. Never figured out how he knew it was me?

raustin0017

Established Member
Had a Ben Person bow and needed to get rid of some old arrows. Thought is a was a good plan to see how far we could launch the 20 or so old ones into the woods across the street. Took turns with a few buds until they were all gone. About 10 minutes later two local cop cars came screaming up the road and turned down a gravel road headed into the woods not far from my side yard. The three of us took off running into the woods to see what was going on. Taking a path for about 150 yards we came to the old fence we had climbed many times before. We then saw what all the fuss was about. Seems like we forgot there was a 'Deaf' family who lived in a house trailer. The front yard was like a pin cushion and a few were sticking out of the front side of the trailer. We took off from where we came and swore to each other to keep silent. Just plain luck nobody was hurt or killed.

25 years later...was at my Mom's visiting and my Step-dad and her were members of a local antique car club. Out front with Pop and working on an old Chevy. One of his friends stops by and Pop introduces me. Old dude shakes my hand and says he knows me. I'm thinking that's funny...we just met. Turns out the guy was sitting in his trailer watching TV when his trailer was attacked by arrows. A lot of arrows. He 'signed' to his wife and kids to take cover in the closet and grabbed his 30-30 and called the cops. Never figured out how he knew it was me?

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
We had BB gun wars in a old cemetery. Still have a few marks from those.

I wrecked more bicycles doing dumb stuff than I can remember - got the scars to prove that as well. A well remembered one is going down a hill and hit the sand at the bottom. Bike stopped, I didn't. Over a barb wired fence and into a patch of briars. I was totally encased in briars. That was a painful extraction. My grandfather laughed for days over that.

SirShaun

Established Member
Too many police on this site. I'm out. I never did anything wrong or stupid...

Does say as a kid.

My grandma had a truck campershell just sitting on the ground, myself and my 2 cousins all had BB guns. I raised the question, wonder if 1 pump would be enough to break the glass. One cousin said no, I like action, said bet, campershell got broke. Blamed the least favorite cousin.

The road was pretty close to my grandmas house, we would lay on the bank of the road, probably a good 3-6 foot bank, and try to shoot black birds off the power line. We scared some people, cops showed up, we got in trouble.

When it snowed, my cousin and I would lay on the bank near the road, and pelt cars with snowballs when they rode by. It was all fun and games, until one truck locked the brakes up, and turned around. My cousin left me for dead, we thought for sure we were going to get shot. Took off running across the road, jumped off the road into the field, good 5-6 feet drop, ****ed my leg up. Our dumb asses running across a big open field for our lives it felt, person in the truck just a watching.

Used to live in a trailer park, kind of conjoined with a Harley dealership, which had a loading dock of sorts. Had some of the best fun riding bikes and shit with my trailer park friends. One guy who worked at the Harley dealership would jump off of it on his race 4 wheeler, we thought it was the coolest thing ever. I coaxed one of my friends into trying it on his big wheel. He got ****ed up. Big wheel nose dived he scorpioned on his face, mangled all up with the big wheel.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
When we were young three of us got on top of our friend's 2 story house and thought we could use trash bags as parachutes and float down like GI Joe. Chuck went first and when he shattered his legs and pelvis the rest of us climbed back down the ladder. I'm sure Chuck's dad regreted leaving the ladder on the roof.

Another time we took skate boards down the mountains. Going what felt like 200 mph we realized half way down we hadn't thought about how to stop before the road turned. I bailed in someone's grass yard and rolled for about 30 yards and my buddy went flying over the curb Dukes of Hazzard style and landed in the desert. It's a miracle we didn't die. I was on that road a few weeks ago taking pictures of my wife's Lexus and put it in neutral and rolled down. I had to hit the brakes when it hit 45 half way down. We must have been flying on skateboards.

The real question is, who still does dumb shit now that they're adults?

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
Great thread idea. I used to sneak out of my house in the middle of the night and meet with other neighborhood kids who did the same. We would roam the neighborhood and someone would sneak cigarettes or Skoal. We did it a lot until one kid was busted and ratted the rest of us out. His parents woke up all our parents and I got my ass beat.
BB gun wars were the best. And seeing who could jump thier BMX off the biggest ramp which never ended good.

Must be a Houston thang. When I was in the eighth grade, we did that too - sneak out, meet up with friends, and stand around and talk and smoke cigarettes. Yep, got caught too. When my dad sold the house, the buyer wanted to know why that bedroom window was nailed shut.......

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
We used to live on a hill next to a highway interchange, the highway was about 75 feet down the hill and 200 feet out from the bottom.

One summer we went up to New Hampshire where fire works are legal, and I bought some huge rockets, almost commercial grade on sticks that were 3-4 feet long.

I get home, and drove a steel pipe into the ground for launching them.

We were lighting them off one night at 2am, the highway was completely empty. Except the last one I lit, it went up, didn't explode, coming down, here comes a car, rocket still coming down, car moving at full speed, boom rocket explodes about 10 feet in front of this guys windshield. The car locks up the brakes and serves, does two 360's, doesn't hit anything, and stops spinning facing the wrong direction.

We are lying on the ground can't believe what just happened, after a few minutes car does a three point turn and drives off real slow. I pull the pipe out of the ground and throw it down the hill.

Did I mention across the street from us was the state police barracks?

We ran into the house and looked out the window for about 15 minutes and no one ever came. Lucked out on that one.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
We used to live on a hill next to a highway interchange, the highway was about 75 feet down the hill and 200 feet out from the bottom.

One summer we went up to New Hampshire where fire works are legal, and I bought some huge rockets, almost commercial grade on sticks that were 3-4 feet long.

I get home, and drove a steel pipe into the ground for launching them.

We were lighting them off one night at 2am, the highway was completely empty. Except the last one I lit, it went up, didn't explode, coming down, here comes a car, rocket still coming down, car moving at full speed, boom rocket explodes about 10 feet in front of this guys windshield. The car locks up the brakes and serves, does two 360's, doesn't hit anything, and stops spinning facing the wrong direction.

We are lying on the ground can't believe what just happened, after a few minutes car does a three point turn and drives off real slow. I pull the pipe out of the ground and throw it down the hill.

Did I mention across the street from us was the state police barracks?

We ran into the house and looked out the window for about 15 minutes and no one ever came. Lucked out on that one.

You should beat your own ass for that one...

Zemedici

Established Member
I dont have any cool stories, but my god my dad has told me a ton from his drinking days

1) Used to go out to bars with his best friend and hustle guys at pool. His buddy's name was Mike, I met him when I was younger before he died from Hepatitis (drinking related maybe?). They hustled these guys, and they werent having it. So they got into a bar fight. Well the bouncer threw them out, and they walked to Mike's hot rod Chevy truck. (Mike was a serious gearhead). My dad was driving, and Mike in the passenger seat. As they leave the parking lot, they see the guys in front of them. They noticed each other at the same time, and the guys in front threw a beer at the truck. It pissed mike Off so he reached into the back of the truck and grabbed an axe. He leans halfway outside of the truck and swings it into the driver door. It sticks perfectly in the door, and my dad swerves and goes 'What are you doing?!'

Mike goes 'Go back, go back! I gotta get my axe!'

Pops said 'no way, dude' and the car drove off with an axe in the door.

Plus times were different back then, pops said they used to spray this flame resistant shit in gas station parking lots, and it would do a wicked burnout. So Mike / pops would roll up, and smoke em for about 30 seconds, clerk would come out and go ' Alright alright....' and they'd wave and leave. no Jail, no impounding the car, different times

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^^ you don't think your parents believed that story all these years, do you?

That being said, I bet you chuckle every time you watch Vacation or Hooper!

My Dad? Hell naw... My Mom? Hook, line, and sinker. She was distraught as hell when she found out the troof. We laughed, and still laugh today, over that whole mess. Nothing like a couple of decades to smooth things over. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread