Dynatech LT's

Bulldogger

Established Member
For the guys who already installed them, did you need to take out the alternator for the front bottom bolt on the driver's side or were you able to get it with a flexable combinations of sockets and extensions Thanks

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Didnt have to remove anything, nor did we jack up the motor. Just takes a variety of extensions, and a lot of patience.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Okay thanks headers are in just need to tighten the bolts on the drivers side. Really is quite the pain in the ass. Especially the second bolt from back of the motor top side drivers side. Seriously could they have bent the tubes any closer to the head of the bolt.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
There are 2 that are almost impossible to get the locks/c clip on if you bought locking header bolts.

Bulldogger

Established Member
There are 2 that are almost impossible to get the locks/c clip on if you bought locking header bolts.

No I didn't go with the locking header bolts. If I did I would probably loose my mind. The only bolt left to tighten is the second one in from the front, bottom drivers side. Any suggestions looks like it would be best to try from the top just can't see the bolt. Third one in from the bottom drivers side needed me to grind away most of a perfectly good 10mm wrench:bash: The header tubes seem to be the lowest hanging part of the car now, any issues with them scraping over speed bumps or anything?? I get a break today from finishing the car because it decided to freak'n snow COME ON. Thanks

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I did a write up on them. used a wrench from the top. wrench is shaped like a U. Brought it from sears and it worked like it was made for it. wrapped around the header tube right to the bolt. Was like cake

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I did a write up on them. used a wrench from the top. wrench is shaped like a U. Brought it from sears and it worked like it was made for it. wrapped around the header tube right to the bolt. Was like cake

Would love to see a pic of that wrench.

GT500NN

Established Member
S Wrench works perfect from what I have heard. Haven't actualy installed a set myself...

51ZqGo1nTOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Didnt have to remove anything, nor did we jack up the motor. Just takes a variety of extensions, and a lot of patience.

Did you do the install on a lift or on jack stands?

I just put my stock mid-pipe back on in place of the o/r pipe I have because I am due for an inspection. I looked it over and it looks pretty damned tuff. I did several header installs on SN-95's and I always dropped the k-member. I wonder if that would help on the Shelby? I'm thinking about doing the Dynatechs as well. I will be on jack stands.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Guess I'll find out but I think I will drop the KM.

I finished my install, after finishing I ordered a set of obstruction wrenches basically shaped like a C. If these allow you to access to the 2 lower middle bolts on the drivers side then I wouldn't waste my time dropping the K-member. Those two bolts require about 3hrs of dicking around to tighten and are the only real problem on the entire install. If the wrench doesn't work then I would go the K-member route and remove the motor mount on drivers side. The only problem is after a few heating and cooling cycles you want to recheck the bolts again. If you can wait till march 28th I will give you a heads up on the wrench deal, and this way you will know the best route to go.

Users who are viewing this thread