Dyno 2011 Shelby GT500

sikryd

Established Member
I had my car run on the dyno today... Not as much HP and TQ as others I have seen posted, but I'm still happy with it. I know that all dyno's are different... I am at sea level, probably around 84* F, and kinda humid when pulls were done.

Mods:
2.6" pulley
SCT 93 octane tune
JLT carbon fiber intake tube
Afco dual fan H/E
JLT pcv oil catch cans

531.8 RWHP, 513 Lbs/Ft RWTQ

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqdg9iqfPHg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 2011 Shelby GT500 Dyno pull[/nomedia]

I tried to embed the video per the sticky instructions, but its not working for me.

Last edited:

sikryd

Established Member
It does sound good and looks really good. How does it feel as compared to when it was stock? Do you ever take it to the track? And is this your first cobra?

Stock it drove and felt good... I can definitely feel the increased HP and TQ. I got on the freeway the other night with a friend, and in 2nd gear I went WOT and I blew the tires off around 10 pounds of boost.
We do not have a track on Oahu, for probably 6 years now. Hope they get one back up and running soon, kinda sucks. This is my first Cobra, but have owned many powerful cars. I have a 750 HP 67 Camaro 468 cid that I am currently building, Had an 88 Mustang that had a 460 from a Lincoln Mark III, and a 66 GTO with a 455 Pontiac.

I love the 2011 Shelby GT500, best car I have owned to date...

GTRdone

Established Member
Nice ride. Love the color as well. Did they not have a fan in front of the car when you were doing the pulls?

Either way, enjoy your badass ride... I wish I would've waited for the 2011s with the SVT PP

sikryd

Established Member
Nice ride. Love the color as well. Did they not have a fan in front of the car when you were doing the pulls?

Either way, enjoy your badass ride... I wish I would've waited for the 2011s with the SVT PP

They had a fan, but it was probably 10 feet away from the car. I do have the dual fan heat exchanger from Afco as well... I saw a post that showed how to jump the relay to keep the pump and fans going between runs, but it was for a 2010 and didn't seem to work on my car. I'm pretty sure the car had a bit of heat soak, but they did cool it down with the fan for probably 20 minutes between runs. 1 fan blowing towards the front of the car from 10 feet away, and a smaller fan blowing directly on the Eaton.

Last edited:

vankuen

Established Member
Good numbers~

I gained 50hp from just the 2.6 pulley and Lund tune (93 street). From 456 to 506 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

sikryd

Established Member
Good numbers~

I gained 50hp from just the 2.6 pulley and Lund tune (93 street). From 456 to 506 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

Mustang Dyno's read lower right? I was on a Dynojet, so not sure how skewed my numbers were compared to a Mustang Dyno.

vankuen

Established Member
Yes, mustangs read more realistically / lower. But you don't wanna compare dyno to dyno anyway. Dyno's are tools to tune and give relative gains. That's why I gave you the increase first.

What was the gain you got from the mods? From what to what? I'd imagine you gained 60-70 hp?

sikryd

Established Member
Yes, mustangs read more realistically / lower. But you don't wanna compare dyno to dyno anyway. Dyno's are tools to tune and give relative gains. That's why I gave you the increase first.

What was the gain you got from the mods? From what to what? I'd imagine you gained 60-70 hp?

All the shops were booked and I could not hold my wad. This was my first time on the Dyno with the 2011 Shelby... I know I should have done a baseline first, but I was like a crack head when the parts came in. I've heard that the 2011's are about 480 to the tire stock, so that would be a gain of 51 HP I guess.
Evolutions web site shows gains of up to 135 HP with my mods, but I'm guessing that is with a C16 tune.

Last edited:

radaman

Established Member
Mustang Dyno's read lower right? I was on a Dynojet, so not sure how skewed my numbers were compared to a Mustang Dyno.

Looks like Bode's shop on Republican St. I worked with him several years ago in the Police dept. Cool guy and u have a nice car, BTW.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely have a nice GT500. That blower really screams. I think you ended up with some very nice numbers. Enjoy it! And I do hope you folks get a race track again some day.

sikryd

Established Member
Looks like Bode's shop on Republican St. I worked with him several years ago in the Police dept. Cool guy and u have a nice car, BTW.

Yes, it is Bode's shop... really cool guy!

You definitely have a nice GT500. That blower really screams. I think you ended up with some very nice numbers. Enjoy it! And I do hope you folks get a race track again some day.

Thank you... I hope we get a track soon too, until then the only choice is to ship the car to maui or the big island and use their track. I will wait for an oahu track...

crazycarlo

Established Member
did u have it professionally tuned or just use the SCT tune for that pulley? I mean every car if a little different. You might pick up more power if u had it tuned somewhere if not already done so.

sikryd

Established Member
did u have it professionally tuned or just use the SCT tune for that pulley? I mean every car if a little different. You might pick up more power if u had it tuned somewhere if not already done so.

All the parts and tune came from Evolution Performance... I know that if I had the car dyno tuned it would equal more power, but I can't justify $100/hour with these mods. Once I decide to upgrade the supercharger itself, I will invest in some dyno tune time.

randys14

Established Member
Wish I would have saved more money my last deployment and got a GT500...

Your car is sick. If I had to get a GT500 in any other color than Black/No Stripes it would be the same as yours.

sikryd

Established Member
mmmm god she screams good!

The video does the sound no justice... Every time the guy did a pull, my girl friend would jump. It gave me goose bumps to listen to that car from the outside, never heard it before that day. I really do love the sound of the stock exhaust, I don't plan on changing the mufflers.

On a side note... My girl friend says, my car and how it sounded on the dyno makes her all creamy. FTMFW:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread