Dyno results, 2012 GT500 with '13 TVS, 2.4 and JLT 127!

Crushinator

Established Member
I was shocked when I looked at the dyno screen! 672 rwhp 656 rwtq! List of mods is in my sig. The air fuel ratio stayed at or below 12 on all three runs. Awesome tune Justin! The guys doing the dyno were seriously impressed, as was I. I was hoping for 640 at the wheels and the guys doing the dyno looked at me like I had snakes growing out of my ears when I told them that. These were the same guys that dyno'd the car when it had the 2.5" pulley and I told them I was hoping for 550 rwhp and it came in at 517. So I think they thought I was being a little too wishful.

I'm gonna try a video so I'll see if this works...

2012 Shelby GT500 with '13 TVS supercharger, 2.4" upper, JLT 127, VMP tuning - YouTube

Here's the dyno printout. They ran the first two back to back, hence the slight drop in power. Actually, I was glad to see it only dropped 15 rwhp, so the heat exchanger is working well. The third run they let it cool down for a few minutes.

dynosheet.jpg

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I was shocked when I looked at the dyno screen! 672 rwhp 656 rwtq! List of mods is in my sig. The air fuel ratio stayed at or below 12 on all three runs. Awesome tune Justin! The guys doing the dyno were seriously impressed, as was I. I was hoping for 640 at the wheels and the guys doing the dyno looked at me like I had snakes growing out of my ears when I told them that. These were the same guys that dyno'd the car when it had the 2.5" pulley and I told them I was hoping for 550 rwhp and it came in at 517. So I think they thought I was being a little too wishful.

I'm gonna try a video so I'll see if this works...

2012 Shelby GT500 with '13 TVS supercharger, 2.4" upper, JLT 127, VMP tuning - YouTube

Here's the dyno printout. They ran the first two back to back, hence the slight drop in power. Actually, I was glad to see it only dropped 15 rwhp, so the heat exchanger is working well. The third run they let it cool down for a few minutes.

dynosheet.jpg

So no fuel mods (bap or injectors etc)?

Thanks for the post!

Crowley

Crushinator

Established Member
So no fuel mods (bap or injectors etc)?

Thanks for the post!

Crowley

Nope, stock injectors and no BAP. I was waiting to see how the dyno went before deciding if I needed any fuel mods. Looks like it's good to go.

idhitit

Established Member
looks like it is going lean up top. What were the duty cycles for the pump and injectors? If you dont know you cant say it "Looks good to go".

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
looks like it is going lean up top. What were the duty cycles for the pump and injectors? If you dont know you cant say it "Looks good to go".

This^^

Great numbers bud, but you better log that thing and see where your duty cycles are. You may be ok without a BAP on a 12', but my bet is that your injectors are being way over worked up top. I'm going through the same process now, getting ready to call Van up today to order injectors and a BAP. Even if they're at that upper limit but holding, I'd much rather have some headroom and peace of mind.

Seriously impressive numbers though. Any exhaust mods?

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Looks like you can't go wrong with either VMP or 13TVS. both showing great numbers but the 13TVS is a tad cheaper and comes with a TB

Nice work. I will be there soon

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Log the tune and look at the upstream O2 wideband sensors. (it will be in lambda so you will have to convert) I bet you will see that its running about .5 AFR more rich than what the dyno says....:) My VMP tune does the same thing.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
My stock injectors were at 98% duty cycle when I was making 720ish. So you should be good, however I would upgrade your iniectors before doing any further mods to the car.

Great #s BTW.

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Great numbers for sure! TVS is a winner in any book for a budget boost in power. Almost identical numbers to my set up and I did do the 72lb VMP injectors to be safe. From memory I had plenty of room in terms of duty cycle with the 72lbs. I remember seeing the data and wondering if I may have not needed them. I would love to know what your duty cycles looked like at the top portion of your pulls. Those numbers will tell the sign. Also what was your timing at on the best pull?

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Where are the injector duty cycles on the datalog list????? I cant find it anywhere on the PID list and I have ZERO DMR's that I can see on the list. This is wiith the latest LiveLink Gen2 software...............

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
GAHHHH ! MUST GET TO THE DYNO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice numbers man. I will be tossing on a 127 tonight...need to do a adapter mod for my Airaid filter, and slightly open up my modded air box. Should be gtg after that.

Looking at these numbers I am starting to worry I may come in OVER what I wanted to be....Guess we will see.

Crushinator

Established Member
This^^

Great numbers bud, but you better log that thing and see where your duty cycles are. You may be ok without a BAP on a 12', but my bet is that your injectors are being way over worked up top. I'm going through the same process now, getting ready to call Van up today to order injectors and a BAP. Even if they're at that upper limit but holding, I'd much rather have some headroom and peace of mind.

Seriously impressive numbers though. Any exhaust mods?

I have to be honest. I didn't really take notice to the upper RPM a/f numbers. Yes, it definitely looks like it's leaning out about 5500. I guess I better start saving for the 72lber's. I'd rather spend the $600 and be safe, even if it is okay at this point. Thanks for the heads-up guys.

Stupid question, but without a laptop and the proper software, how can I datalog it? Can it be done with the SCT handheld? Will that show duty cycles of injectors? I've tried contacting Evolution and another dyno shop close to me, but no one returns phone calls or emails. I've basically been doing the research myself as far as what works and going from there.

Crushinator

Established Member
GAHHHH ! MUST GET TO THE DYNO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice numbers man. I will be tossing on a 127 tonight...need to do a adapter mod for my Airaid filter, and slightly open up my modded air box. Should be gtg after that.

Looking at these numbers I am starting to worry I may come in OVER what I wanted to be....Guess we will see.

Yeah, you should be a higher than mine with what you have done.

Crushinator

Established Member
Just to be clear here guys, they strapped the car down, put the sensor in the tailpipe and ran the dyno. They didn't have any laptops hooked up to get any injector info, timing...nothing like that. Just a dyno to see where the car was power wise. They don't have the software to do any datalogging.

Users who are viewing this thread