Dyno Results- Boss Intake Manifold to Cobra Jet Intake Manifold

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah drove it just the same. From the slips this is a really good comparo, left pass is before the cj setup and the right pass is after. Only changes were the mani, tb and cai. And Im only able to shift the thing at 6800, anything over that and I get locked out of gear. So I think between getting the shifting and 60' sorted out the car has quite a bit more left in it.

And yes nitrous has been a thought

null_zps88588d7b.jpg

Damn that's impressive. Just a bolt on car? Only shifting at 6800rpm and doing 123mph is moving. What's the race weight?

sean04

Established Member
Im not sure on race weight, but it should be close to what the car weighed stock, since ive pulled out around 200lbs and im around 240 right now.

And yeah just bolt ons for now

One of the passes was 126mph but I didnt back it up, we will see saturday. We are supposed to have some decent weather:burnout:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Im not sure on race weight, but it should be close to what the car weighed stock, since ive pulled out around 200lbs and im around 240 right now.

And yeah just bolt ons for now

One of the passes was 126mph but I didnt back it up, we will see saturday. We are supposed to have some decent weather:burnout:

Yea you easily have a 10.8-10.9 car right there especially with fall weather coming in. Very impressive.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Nice man that's awesome. Would yours be the first bolt on boss in the 10's?

126mph is rolling out. Especially only 6800rpm shifts... Damn

EJR

Established Member
Looks like i have some Boss competition ;). Good runs Sean. What are you running for a clutch? Are you shifting at 6800 on the 1-2 or all of the shifts. With the stock clutch i could muster 7200 on the 1-2 but on the rest of the shifts i could go 7800. That was with the stock clutch and tired synchros. Hopefully can spin it to 8k pretty effortless now.

Also what were you running for a boss intake setup? Stock intake? Tb? what cai?

Last edited:

sean04

Established Member
Hey EJR, I definitely have a Hurt trans and clutch. It hasn't shifted right from te beginning. Anything over 7k rpms and the shifter gets completely locked out of gear. The car won't even go into 6th anymore, which is strange because I never use that gear. So something is mashed up or
Shifted around inside there. But I have a magnum and a spec
Clutch on the way, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore

And I had an untouched boss mani
And tb on the car with an airaid cai

What's your best run look like so far?

EJR

Established Member
Hey EJR, I definitely have a Hurt trans and clutch. It hasn't shifted right from te beginning. Anything over 7k rpms and the shifter gets completely locked out of gear. The car won't even go into 6th anymore, which is strange because I never use that gear. So something is mashed up or

That mashed up feeling was likely some crushed shift pads. I just recently replaced all mine with bronze pads and installed all new synchros along with a Mcleod RST. And i havent ran the car at the track in a long time. But when my car had an air intake, tune, catback on stock wheels/tires, i went 12.3 at 117.5 with the worlds worst 330ft performance lol. Cars practically a race car in comparison now. I plan on going back for some seat time passes when my trans goes back in. I was wondering what you intake setup was as ill be porting the boss intake to match an accufab TB and custom making a 4.5 inch air intake. Want to see if i can get close to the same power out of it as the CJ guys are seeing. I suspect ill gain a solid 15whp with the intake work. We will see though. Im expecting to run low 11s at mid 120s on my first track day assuming the track and air is there.

FIFTY

Established Member

Sorry to hear about the trans, it kind of goes with the territory unfortunately :( but I'm very much looking forward to seeing your car Saturday, with a magnum and cool weather, 10's are in your future!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
i wonder when shaun is goona adopt this set up and see what it can do in his hands **cough cough

86merc

Established Member
Shaun has the scj TB dialed in perfect on mine.

The 2010 JLT is a restriction on my setup. As soon as drew is finished with a heat shield for his CAI i will be putting it on mine.

My car drives great with the SCJ mono blade and AED tune. I was surprised such a large TB was so smooth.

I have been swamped at my day job. So I have not had much time to work on the heat shield for Drew. I was not happy with the first mock up of the simplest way I was thinking of doing it. So going to try two other ideas I have. I want to make it easy to make so it keeps the cost down and more affordable for people. I will be back on it Friday night and Saturday.

86merc

Established Member
i wonder when shaun is goona adopt this set up and see what it can do in his hands **cough cough

Shaun has not had his mustang for quite some time. So I don't see that happening. But he already has plenty of customers with the CJ intake combo. I am sure we will see more and more people reporting results. I am dying to get to the track and track and put mine through it's paces. Weather is finally cooling off and I am just swamped at work. Might have to just play hookie and hit the track. haha

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Shaun has not had his mustang for quite some time. So I don't see that happening. But he already has plenty of customers with the CJ intake combo. I am sure we will see more and more people reporting results. I am dying to get to the track and track and put mine through it's paces. Weather is finally cooling off and I am just swamped at work. Might have to just play hookie and hit the track. haha

aww what, damn i did not know this.

well looking forward to everyone success with this set up, **** it hookie man :beer:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
My car drives great with the SCJ mono blade and AED tune. I was surprised such a large TB was so smooth.

I have been swamped at my day job. So I have not had much time to work on the heat shield for Drew. I was not happy with the first mock up of the simplest way I was thinking of doing it. So going to try two other ideas I have. I want to make it easy to make so it keeps the cost down and more affordable for people. I will be back on it Friday night and Saturday.

Yea LUND wont even touch the SCJ TB due to always having some drivability issues with them. So im very impressed that shaun nailed the tune.

Yea no rush man take your time with it.

86merc

Established Member
aww what, damn i did not know this.

well looking forward to everyone success with this set up, **** it hookie man :beer:

It sucks as he had a test bed that would benefit us. But I am sure he has local cars he can test on as well. I believe he has an Eco Boost F150 now.

Trust me, I keep watching the weather and DA app on my phone. When it gets to be this time of year and cooler I start thinking about new best ET's. Almost more than anything else. Almost. :lol1: But I got the car to go 11.44 with basically just a Airaid, cat deletes, mufflers, AED tune, slicks and suspension. I think there was more in it as it sat with leaving harder. So with the CJ set up I am expecting some good results. :rockon:

Yea LUND wont even touch the SCJ TB due to always having some drivability issues with them. So im very impressed that shaun nailed the tune.

Yea no rush man take your time with it.

I think Adam @ Rev Auto and Shaun did some good work on the tuning end of things. Not sure why Lund is shying away from them. Maybe he is just not happy with the way he has it dialed in and refuses to give customers that? Which you have to respect.

Last month is usually where work slows down. We are actually setting sales records. It is crazy. So I am happy for that. Just doesn't leave much time for anything else. lol I will report back after I do some more trial designs. Hopefully soon we can get something going. :beer:

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
It sucks as he had a test bed that would benefit us. But I am sure he has local cars he can test on as well. I believe he has an Eco Boost F150 now.

Trust me, I keep watching the weather and DA app on my phone. When it gets to be this time of year and cooler I start thinking about new best ET's. Almost more than anything else. Almost. :lol1: But I got the car to go 11.44 with basically just a Airaid, cat deletes, mufflers, AED tune, slicks and suspension. I think there was more in it as it sat with leaving harder. So with the CJ set up I am expecting some good results. :rockon:

I think Adam @ Rev Auto and Shaun did some good work on the tuning end of things. Not sure why Lund is shying away from them. Maybe he is just not happy with the way he has it dialed in and refuses to give customers that? Which you have to respect.

Last month is usually where work slows down. We are actually setting sales records. It is crazy. So I am happy for that. Just doesn't leave much time for anything else. lol I will report back after I do some more trial designs. Hopefully soon we can get something going. :beer:

You and me both! I cant wait to get back out there and see what the CJ can do.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Ok went to the track today on the CJ intake, less then impressed with the results. More then half the run's I would get locked out of 2nd on my 1-2 shift. Car needs some suspension tuning and some new springs and rear shocks. The koni sports are just not cutting it. Could not break out of a 1.6x 60FT.

Only changes with the CJ intake manifold setup was adding a 6 point maximum motorsports cage, Stifflers driveshaft safety loop, BMR uca and mount, switched out the M&H 28x10.5R15 soft sidewall slicks for M/T stiff sidewall 28x10.5R15 slicks and switched out my 26inch radial front skinnies for some M&H 28inch bias ply skinnies. (BTW going to the bias ply skinnies only saved 2 pounds on each and the M/T slicks where both 2 pounds heavier then the M&H slicks).

So overall I added about 100 pounds to the car from the last outings with the boss intake.

Best time slip from today.
DA:+864

20131026_191430 by spaded707, on Flickr

Best time slip on BOSS Intake on E85.
DA:-306

20130223_173506_resized by spaded707, on Flickr

Best time slip on BOSS Intake on 91oct
DA:+737

20130330_163547_resized by spaded707, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread