Dyno Results - Hellion Twin + Aluminator 11:1

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
From my understanding, using the boost controller, you're setting the duty cycle of the solenoid. It's not actually working towards a given boost amount. You use the duty cycle to hit a target boost, but the duty cycle doesn't care what the actual boost amount is. So, if you have determined that 45% duty cycle makes 15.8#'s of boost, if you do something that increases the boost like opening the cutouts, the solenoids still operate at 45% duty cycle, not 15.8#'s of boost. It will gain boost...probably in the order of 1.5-2 psi which in my case could be 75-100hp.

This is correct. Or at least this is exactly how my car reacts. If I keep the SP value the exact same, the car makes different boost under different DA, etc. Good numbers man! Yep, my 9.5 engine takes a few more psi to get those numbers! Be careful at the track with that transbrake and Hellion twin/TSS tuning! My car literally bent itself sideways when I launched!

Doug1227

Established Member
Yeah, I'm going to ease into the power on this car. Low boost, footbrake, no 2-step, then with 2-step. Mid boost on footbrake, then 2-step, etc etc until I build up to the Transbrake at a power level,I can live with. Hell, if it flies at the highest boost setting on the footbrake and 2-step, I may never even run it!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
My car is the same way. I have looked at a telephone poll a few times with my 05 R's.

I ran TX2K in 20" NT05R's it took me some time to figure them out but once i did they hitting. Try runnin 18-20lbs in them. I ran people with like power on pros and was always in front.

Doug1227

Established Member
Here's a short little WOT test I did. Roughly 40-90. This is on the wastegate spring, so nothing too impressive yet.

[video=youtube_share;0VNbiZTg-Bc]http://youtu.be/0VNbiZTg-Bc[/video]

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
Here's another one I made testing out the MSD 2-step. At 2800 rpm, I'm seeing just under 3 psi. This is with a Circle D 3B converter, and 3.15 rear gears. I think I'll be able to get a little more at the track since this is a cold drag radial. It should 60' decently. I've got the 2 relay Transbrake that I haven't hooked up,yet, just in case the 60' is underwhelming.

[video=youtube_share;GR99PZ7GJiw]http://youtu.be/GR99PZ7GJiw[/video]

Last edited:

SMOKIN 02

Established Member
Here's another one I made testing out the MSD 2-step. At 2800 rpm, I'm seeing just under 3 psi. This is with a Circle D 3B converter, and 3.15 rear gears. I think I'll be able to get a little more at the track since this is a cold drag radial. It should 60' decently. I've got the 2 relay Transbrake that I haven't hooked up,yet, just in case the 60' is underwhelming.

[video=youtube_share;GR99PZ7GJiw]http://youtu.be/GR99PZ7GJiw[/video]
Nice!!! Hoping to have my hellion kit finished up by this fall. I went with a circle D 4B converter so this info is good to know. Did you do a dual solenoid setup for the waste gates?

Doug1227

Established Member
Yeah, I did the dual solenoid setup. Worked like a champ on the dyno. I'm trying to get to the track soon for some real data!

Nice!!! Hoping to have my hellion kit finished up by this fall. I went with a circle D 4B converter so this info is good to know. Did you do a dual solenoid setup for the waste gates?

Doug1227

Established Member
Well, that's amazing! I don't know how you're getting a 3B to 4,000 rpms regardless off the 2-step. Did you have it loosened up? In your video, the car doesnt budge, so I'm guessing you're either on a Transbrake or neutral, right? My test is on the footbrake, which should be different. Let me know. Sharing notes is GOOD!

I have my WOT box set at 4k rpm's and see 6psi instant and can build more very quickly and that's on a 80mm turbo
https://youtu.be/Ih0y2JrlAIk

Last edited:

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
subd for SSP's response.

Ive got a 3B as well, still waiting on my HP tuners setup before I can find out what itll stall at with my 2step/WOT box. I have the N2MB as the car use to be a stick and i gotta find an input for the clutch signal. You guys use the brake switch?

Doug1227

Established Member
I used a TCI momentary switch since I'll eventually be integrating a Transbrake on the same neutral signal. I'd like to take my left foot out of the equation.

CPRsm

A little rpm goes a long way in building boost. 2900-3000 is a little low. But hard to do at a higher rpm because of some of the steep gearing of these cars when you actually go to leave. Two step and tuning will help that though

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UW2OwbkebXI[/video]

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
subd for SSP's response.

Ive got a 3B as well, still waiting on my HP tuners setup before I can find out what itll stall at with my 2step/WOT box. I have the N2MB as the car use to be a stick and i gotta find an input for the clutch signal. You guys use the brake switch?

I have to see how Bobby wired it up but it's not hooked to brake switch only trigger I know is hooked up is to transbrake button

Doug1227

Established Member
Ok, that makes a lot more sense now. My test video is on the footbrake pushing against the 3B. I'm certain it would rpm higher and with more boost on the transbrake.

So what have you guys found as the sweet spot for RPM and boost at launch?

Users who are viewing this thread