Dyno'd my car just for the hell of it!

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Well I was a bit surprised and the #'s look ok!

We were having a "dyno day" for our local club and the boys were able to squeeze me in.

My only mods are:

MAC off-road H-pip
MAC cat-back
Johnny Lightning Performance CAI.

I have a shifter, new bushings, and subframes but those don't affect power.

Anyway, I'll post the graphs soon but here are the #'s:

STD:

Run #1: 427.2 horsepower 391.1 torque
Run #2: 428.2 horsepower 399.5 torque
Run #3: 428.7 horsepower 396.6 torque

SAE:

Run #1: 416.6 horsepower 387.2 torque
Run #2: 417.5 horsepower 389.5 torque
Run #3: 417.9 horsepower 386.6 torque

Weather was decent, about 50 - 55 degrees I’d say but it was raining and a bit humid when we did mine. Waited about 15 or so minutes between pulls. This was on a DynoJet.

Like I said, I’ll post the graphs later. I’m happy.

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
I was there with you today and you forgot to mention how loud that thing was. The video that took of the car on the dyno did not come out correctly. Great numbers. Congrats

bunk22

Established Member
Those numbers look great for the minimum amount of mods. How do you like the MAC cat-back? I use MAC on my 95GTS and though it was not the greatest quality, it worked well. I've been thinking about cat-back's for my new Cobra but didn't even consider MAC until now.

Z20WHAT

Established Member
The sound is sickening. People never stop talking about it.

With just the cat-back I was very happy. Not too much drone and a good raspy and intimidating sound. With the off-road H-pipe most people think it's too loud but I love it!!!

I'll post some videos so you can hear it. They'll be up here in a bit.

Ohh, and I also have all MAC exhaust on my '87 drag car too. Long-tubes, pro-chamber, and cat-back. It's VERY nice and VERY intimidating, but then again any stroker motor with a huge cam and dumps will be that way!

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
Man sound bytes sound bytes, I am thinking of going with the Mac Catback, I already have the upr offroad X, great numbers for such few mods, no chip or nothing right????? Well looking forward to hearing your beast!!!! Later All!!

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Ok man, well I just recorded sound clips but I have to wait til later to put them up.

In the meantime you'll have to settle for a BIG and video my friend really felt like playing with. He put some music to it and added some wording and whatnot. However, you can watch the dyno runs and hear the car none-the-less.

http://www.jrfuller.com/tonysdyno.mpg

Sound clips later.

Users who are viewing this thread