Early morning story

bgoose99

Established Member
On my way in to work this morning. It's 4:45, and I'm on a straight two-lane road. It rained last night, but was not raining at the time, so the roads are pretty damp. Speed limit is 45.

Guy makes a left onto the road about a quarter mile in front of me in an Acura TL (so he had plenty of time/room to get up to the speed limit). I'm doing about 50 and catching up to him quick. We're in a passing zone, and he's moving slow enough that I don't even downshift, just stay in 5th and go to pass. We are the only two cars on this road as far as the eye can see.

As we get door-to-door, he punches it. I don't even try, just ease back in behind him, at which point he slows back down to 45. About a mile up the road, he pulls beside me at the stop light and this awkward conversation happened:

Him: "That got a V8?"
Me: "Yes"
Him: "It's worth a lot more than this car."
Me: "..."
Him: "It's a nice car; I like it."
Me: "Thanks"

I like to play around in my car, but I don't street race. And I'm sure as heck not going to punch it on a wet two-lane road at 4:45 in the morning just because you felt like doing something stupid.

In all honesty, I was pretty pissed at this guy, and it had nothing to do with the fact that he "beat" me. It just seems like a douche move.

Would you be pissed, or just amused? :shrug:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
What is your car? Lol I would be pissed about him punching it next to me and slowing down when I got behind him again but the compliment is a nice touch lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
Some people get so wound up about such petty crap I swear.

bgoose99

Established Member
Some people get so wound up about such petty crap I swear.

I know, right? I was thinking I had gone too far when I was standing next to his headless corpse covered in his blood, but I was really looking for acceptance from you guys.

I am disappoint.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'm usually just amused by it. Especially when it's a slow car that has no shot. Sometimes I keep my Z06 in 6th and race the ricers on the freeway. Win or lose it's entertaining. lol

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Yep, I don't even try anymore. Between my ZX6R and the Z06, I had nothing to gain and a whole lot to lose. Some people just like to **** with you.

oldmodman

Established Member
The very first "race" after buying my Cobra in 2002 was with an old, beat to shit pick up truck. I didn't even know that we were racing.
He pulled up to me at the next signal and started yelling at me and saying that my car was no big deal and I only beat him by a length.
I didn't even know he was there, I never went above 3K, and never got into boost. The Cobra had 26 miles on it.

Just goes to show that people are not terribly bright when it comes to their cars or trucks.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wouldve dropped two gears, ran up to 120ish and never seen him again (given proper conditions)

Id just be amused. No sense in getting pissed at shit like that.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I see you have a '13 Mustang GT. You obviously could have killed him, and he likely knew it as well. So yeah, I'd just be amused and move on. People will be people.

Users who are viewing this thread